Northwest football 2020

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Re: Northwest football 2020

Post by PistolPete7 »

If they are playing the teams in that region 17 they will get ran off the field. It will be embarrassing

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

They lost to Valley
Almost lost to ND

Even if they win out they should be one of the lowest seeds and probably at a high seed Week 1 of playoffs if high seeds don't get a bye

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

People are still using enrollment from 1987 to make their arguments. The mullet may be back but the number of students at NW will not be. If NW was in the SOC2 they would be the second smallest school behind Valley. As to why they haven’t won. I do believe Geography has a lot to do with it, along with neighboring schools that have a great football tradition in Valley & West for decades.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Question from Ross/Highland county guy! Why all the excuses for NW. Every year. Same story. Its always next year. Or a few more years. Just wondering?!?!

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

PistolPete7 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:03 pm If they are playing the teams in that region 17 they will get ran off the field. It will be embarrassing
Region 19 not 17!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

After seeing that eastern handled symmes at their place this past weekend it is very possible NW is 3-3 heading into the tournament, with wins being over green, east and ND (who should've won). They may wanna think about opting out. I wish they could get it going in McDermott but for some reason they can't sustain any success. People say "they've got talent,athletes this year". They've had that quite often, it just doesn't equate on a 120 yard strip of grass tho. It's an enigma.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

I've often thought it was the lack of a "central town or city". I think they are the only district without one in Scioto county. Many have said geography, which I guess doesnt make sense because soccer, track, and vollyball are all very successful for the last few years. So then you say its coaching....but they've had numerous coaches with similar results. Fry is probably the most successful recently, but not sure how many years he coached? Tipton probably had the best overall win percentage
but was very short lived, from what I heard his departure was something to do with the band lol.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

NW97 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm I've often thought it was the lack of a "central town or city". I think they are the only district without one in Scioto county. Many have said geography, which I guess doesnt make sense because soccer, track, and vollyball are all very successful for the last few years. So then you say its coaching....but they've had numerous coaches with similar results. Fry is probably the most successful recently, but not sure how many years he coached? Tipton probably had the best overall win percentage
but was very short lived, from what I heard his departure was something to do with the band lol.
Yeah it used to be the geography of things was the biggest kicker, however now you have a team that has 60 plus kids on it. Seems like every so many years NW has teams and everyone is like this is the best to come through or this is the year we top this team or that. I'm going to say something that might not be very popular within the NW community but it's something I've noticed over the last several years at least. Northwest always seems to have some good pee wee teams and good junior high teams to the point where they can just about play with anyone. Then they hit high school and these same kids have plateaued, and while they've hit their peak early on other teams continue to get bigger, faster, stronger and more improved and they simply pass NW up come high school. This is a team that returned the core of it's team from last year, including a good size line and what I thought could've turned out to be one of the better backs in the area in Campbell but I haven't heard anything from him this year. So in a year like this you look at it and say ok, these guys have won all the way up until now we have to stop evaluating the players and ask are the coaches in place to make these guys better?? Why are they going undefeated in junior high and hitting high school and turning into .500 type ball players?? NW has put A LOT of money into the facilities out there and one can't help but wonder is everything else put into place to help them succeed.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:08 pm
NW97 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:38 pm I've often thought it was the lack of a "central town or city". I think they are the only district without one in Scioto county. Many have said geography, which I guess doesnt make sense because soccer, track, and vollyball are all very successful for the last few years. So then you say its coaching....but they've had numerous coaches with similar results. Fry is probably the most successful recently, but not sure how many years he coached? Tipton probably had the best overall win percentage
Yeah it used to be the geography of things was the biggest kicker, however now you have a team that has 60 plus kids on it. Seems like every so many years NW has teams and everyone is like this is the best to come through or this is the year we top this team or that. I'm going to say something that might not be very popular within the NW community but it's something I've noticed over the last several years at least. Northwest always seems to have some good pee wee teams and good junior high teams to the point where they can just about play with anyone. Then they hit high school and these same kids have plateaued, and while they've hit their peak early on other teams continue to get bigger, faster, stronger and more improved and they simply pass NW up come high school. This is a team that returned the core of it's team from last year, including a good size line and what I thought could've turned out to be one of the better backs in the area in Campbell but I haven't heard anything from him this year. So in a year like this you look at it and say ok, these guys have won all the way up until now we have to stop evaluating the players and ask are the coaches in place to make these guys better?? Why are they going undefeated in junior high and hitting high school and turning into .500 type ball players?? NW has put A LOT of money into the facilities out there and one can't help but wonder is everything else put into place to help them succeed.
If my numbers are right I have Campbell at 426 yards on 36 carries. He split series at Qb the first 2 games running a different offense than last year.
Just haven't played noway near our potential so far this year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:21 pm
If my numbers are right I have Campbell at 426 yards on 36 carries. He split series at Qb the first 2 games running a different offense than last year.
Just haven't played noway near our potential so far this year.
Man a kid with that talent only carrying it 36 times in 4 games?? They were in a dog fight with ND and took a loss to Valley he should be pushing 60 touches.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Campbell would probably be the primary back on almost every team in the SOCII, let alone the SOCI.

What you are seeing is there are some very influential people that have children on the team. Same issues that have plagued Northwest for years.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

You make a good point with the pee wee and junior high comment. That doesn’t just happen to NW, it happens to a lot of schools around here. They have dominate years at a young age and even Jr. High, but then when they get in high school it doesn’t continue. That could be from a number of things, whether it be some kids just hit puberty faster and they are playing against kids who haven’t, they are running an offense or defense that they won’t be running once they get in high school and are just playing to win or the high school coaches aren’t doing a great job continuing the development of the players once they get them. I say it all the time and will always say it, winning at the pee wee and jr high level mean very little. It’s always encouraging to see your programs younger groups winning, but it’s not a tell tale for the future. Those years are about development and learning the high schools system. Coaches at that level should prioritize preparing those kids for the high school level first, then put winning second.

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈2 words 8 letters=PLAY BALL!!!Love watching this team!!!
Last edited by tougheveryday on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 am
You make a good point with the pee wee and junior high comment. That doesn’t just happen to NW, it happens to a lot of schools around here. They have dominate years at a young age and even Jr. High, but then when they get in high school it doesn’t continue. That could be from a number of things, whether it be some kids just hit puberty faster and they are playing against kids who haven’t, they are running an offense or defense that they won’t be running once they get in high school and are just playing to win or the high school coaches aren’t doing a great job continuing the development of the players once they get them. I say it all the time and will always say it, winning at the pee wee and jr high level mean very little. It’s always encouraging to see your programs younger groups winning, but it’s not a tell tale for the future. Those years are about development and learning the high schools system. Coaches at that level should prioritize preparing those kids for the high school level first, then put winning second.
As to peewee and junior high football "feeder" teams, a few of the successful high school programs in South Carolina have their feeders play only flag football through the eigth grade. The rationale being to avoid burn out and develop a bigger pool of potential players at the high school level. Of course scholastic football down here is geared to a style of play that is speed and finesse oriented.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

tougheveryday wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 am It's like a sports soap opera at Northwest.The things I see and hear are unbelievable.Lotta talent and tough players gotta get tough and get the monkey off their back and beat winning teams.myself and a cast of many would like the coaches to go Smashmouth football.PLEASE no more onside kicks and end around plays 1st and goal.no more 2 quarterback rigamoral.Use your horses.Campbell and The bus Brackman and Evan lintz are great running backs.FEED EM!!!NEWMANS got his confidence up and making nice throws.good receivers and defence has only give up 34 points in 4 games !!!!🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈2 words 8 letters=PLAY BALL
Based on the posts I see from you, you're definitely a distraught player on this team. But I couldn't agree more with your ideas

tougheveryday
Waterboy

Post by tougheveryday »

Mohawk NATION🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈tough in 2021!!!
Last edited by tougheveryday on Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

tougheveryday wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:43 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:50 am
tougheveryday wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:28 am It's like a sports soap opera at Northwest.The things I see and hear are unbelievable.Lotta talent and tough players gotta get tough and get the monkey off their back and beat winning teams.myself and a cast of many would like the coaches to go Smashmouth football.PLEASE no more onside kicks and end around plays 1st and goal.no more 2 quarterback rigamoral.Use your horses.Campbell and The bus Brackman and Evan lintz are great running backs.FEED EM!!!NEWMANS got his confidence up and making nice throws.good receivers and defence has only give up 34 points in 4 games !!!!🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈2 words 8 letters=PLAY BALL
Based on the posts I see from you, you're definitely a distraught player on this team. But I couldn't agree more with your ideas
Not a player pirate.Just a very concerned fan that knows a lotta the players and hoping they can get some signature victories.im so old now I couldn't tackle a cat.LOL.Good luck to you and your fine team.
I feel you on that one, and same to you! Especially in your matchup tomorrow, big game that I would like to watch.

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

Crabtree will get it done.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

When was the last time Northwest made the playoffs?

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:58 pm When was the last time Northwest made the playoffs?
The last time a hot place froze over.In layman’s terms,never.i do wish them well.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland

Return to “Football”