2020 Waterford 8 - 10 Eastern Meigs

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Re: WK4 Waterford - Eastern Meigs

Post by Stan Smith »

big_boy_blue wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 pm This game is a toss up. Have only saw Eastern play once and Waterford once. Both teams have a poor secondary. Eastern has Fitzgerald. And Waterford has Pantelidis. The game will be through those two. Waterfords tail back has not impressed me, along with Easterns. 20-14 Waterford. Wildcat defense prevails.
Who did you see Waterford play?

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

big_boy_blue wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:17 pm This game is a toss up. Have only saw Eastern play once and Waterford once. Both teams have a poor secondary. Eastern has Fitzgerald. And Waterford has Pantelidis. The game will be through those two. Waterfords tail back has not impressed me, along with Easterns. 20-14 Waterford. Wildcat defense prevails.
What game did you watch? And How did you come up with that? I’ve seen them play 2 times and remember interceptions and didn’t give up anything to speak of! Just curious because if you have watched them I would say their secondary is pretty darn good!?? Just curious which game the secondary gave up a touchdown or even more 100 YRDS

big_boy_blue
Waterboy

Post by big_boy_blue »

Olddude03 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:32 am
What game did you watch? And How did you come up with that? I’ve seen them play 2 times and remember interceptions and didn’t give up anything to speak of! Just curious because if you have watched them I would say their secondary is pretty darn good!?? Just curious which game the secondary gave up a touchdown or even more 100 YRDS
The only game that was a game. Vs fort. I’m not saying they are horrible. They just aren’t great. Fort Frye ran the same pass plays and they still acted oblivious like they were running it for the first time. They substitute 3-4 guys every other down. That is the weakest part of the Waterford defense. Along with easterns.

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

big_boy_blue wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:45 am
The only game that was a game. Vs fort. I’m not saying they are horrible. They just aren’t great. Fort Frye ran the same pass plays and they still acted oblivious like they were running it for the first time. They substitute 3-4 guys every other down. That is the weakest part of the Waterford defense. Along with easterns.
I’m asking about eastern’s secondary? I’ve seen them twice and I don’t know why you think they are weak? Just curious

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Olddude03 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:52 am

I’m asking about eastern’s secondary? I’ve seen them twice and I don’t know why you think they are weak? Just curious
Yea for real, cause those teams that beat us just flat out got lucky. There's no other way to say it.

25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

This game should be a very good game. Eastern is more physical and Waterford is more skilled and athletic. I am not predicting a winner but wonder if the game will streamed.

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:41 pm

Yea for real, cause those teams that beat us just flat out got lucky. There's no other way to say it.
Definitely not the case . I was asking a honest question sorry wrong forum for that

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Lucky? Caldwell ran Eastern over they beat them up all night. Caldwell Moore had 180 yards and Dudley had 140. That’s not luck that’s a straight beat down.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

25p7692 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:17 pm This game should be a very good game. Eastern is more physical and Waterford is more skilled and athletic. I am not predicting a winner but wonder if the game will streamed.
Waterford is big and def more physical than “skilled or athletic”.

big_boy_blue
Waterboy

Post by big_boy_blue »

Trimble just got lucky? Caldwell just got lucky? You guys are supposed to be undefeated right now and you are 1-2

Olddude03
Waterboy

Post by Olddude03 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:16 pm

Lucky? Caldwell ran Eastern over they beat them up all night. Caldwell Moore had 180 yards and Dudley had 140. That’s not luck that’s a straight beat down.
I agree not what I was saying I ask a honest question how someone things the secondary is weak? That’s it

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

big_boy_blue wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm
Trimble just got lucky? Caldwell just got lucky? You guys are supposed to be undefeated right now and you are 1-2
Yes, both got us when we weren't 100%. Plus we dropped the winning TD pass when we was wide open against Trimble. It's my opinion that they both got lucky.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Injuries are part of football. Caldwell rocked Eastern. I don’t know about the Trimble game. I saw Caldwell film and Eastern did not look physical at all.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am
big_boy_blue wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Yes, both got us when we weren't 100%. Plus we dropped the winning TD pass when we was wide open against Trimble. It's my opinion that they both got lucky.
I see this line of reasoning from Eastern fans a lot on here. This is why I lean towards Waterford. If this is close, The Wildcats know how to make plays that win games.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 am Injuries are part of football. Caldwell rocked Eastern. I don’t know about the Trimble game. I saw Caldwell film and Eastern did not look physical at all.
That is correct. And when your opponent has a lot of illness and injuries you can consider yourself lucky. That's what happened with Caldwell and Trimble. Our most "physical" players were sick or injured. Also the player who caught several passes before and after the dropped ball that would have been a TD was more luck for Trimble. Hopefully we'll see one or both of those teams in the playoffs and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Wildcats-42
Eagles-0

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

To be clear, it sounds like Eastern COULD win. I just think Waterford will. The Wildcats are pretty good.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Waterford probably wins since they got a moral victory playing FF fairly close.....TVC Hocking runs thru Trimble past,present,future....PERIOD...That being said would love to see how that would/could change with the addition of FF since they are the real deal and unbeatable according to some of the prep faithful....Anyhow....Go Eastern ...really like to see them win this one!

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Not unbeatable, just unbeatable by anything the tvc can throw at them.

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

Fanatic wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:51 am Not unbeatable, just unbeatable by anything the tvc can throw at them.
Correct....And correct....of this year's TVC teams

Return to “Football”