Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:24 pm VC, wellston and River valley don’t want to travel over an hour to Beverly is my guess.
Probably correct. I'm sure bentley hated that trip home last year after the beating they took.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Scenic Highway wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm They needed 10 they only got 9

No votes were

South Gallia
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston
Those are some long drives to Beverly for those schools. Do not blame them at all for voting them down.
Exactly. If you’re over an hour away from the majority of schools in a conference, you had better have something to offer. FF would be the smallest school in the league. The facilities would be below average in TVC Ohio standards. The travel is bad any way you look at it. I’m just not sure of the selling point besides he fact it will make for an even 8 team Ohio division. Oak Hill is the absolute best option at expansion and then you have warren, who has begged for years to get back in the Ohio. Why would the TVC drive past Warren for a conference game? If you want b to let someone in just to even things out, Warren would be the better choice of the two.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:24 pm VC, wellston and River valley don’t want to travel over an hour to Beverly is my guess.
Probably correct. I'm sure bentley hated that trip home last year after the beating they took.
Oh I’m sure he hated that trip regardless of the outcome. You can be salty though. It’s okay. A lot of teams have tried to get into the conference we started. Join the club.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

beg003 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm I hope they run it up as bad as possible Friday night. Bush league move from Wellston. You want to play that game, expect to have consequences. I’m an FF fan this week.
No running up the score on a group of kids who had no say in the matter would be BUSH league! BTW IMO this game will NOT be a blowout. In fact Fort Frye better bring their A game Friday!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hsfbfan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 pm
beg003 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:23 pm I hope they run it up as bad as possible Friday night. Bush league move from Wellston. You want to play that game, expect to have consequences. I’m an FF fan this week.
No running up the score on a group of kids who had no say in the matter would be BUSH league! BTW IMO this game will NOT be a blowout. In fact Fort Frye better bring their A game Friday!
I personally think FF wins 28-14 BUT I am rooting for a wellston rout.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:33 pm
Oh I’m sure he hated that trip regardless of the outcome. You can be salty though. It’s okay. A lot of teams have tried to get into the conference we started. Join the club.
Everybody wants in but then when they don’t get in it’s immediately a mediocre conference

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Everybody wants in but then when they don’t get in it’s immediately a mediocre conference
Exactly.

Fort Frye, welcome to the club.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

I’m sure I’m missing a few.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

hsfbfan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 pm No running up the score on a group of kids who had no say in the matter would be BUSH league! BTW IMO this game will NOT be a blowout. In fact Fort Frye better bring their A game Friday!
Right? I’m sure running up the score out of spite will bode well for the second vote 93Bulldog was alluding to.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 pm
OMG!! :o you're rooting for Wellston! :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

hsfbfan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:35 pm
hsfbfan wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:34 pm No running up the score on a group of kids who had no say in the matter would be BUSH league! BTW IMO this game will NOT be a blowout. In fact Fort Frye better bring their A game Friday!
OMG!! :o you're rooting for Wellston! :lol:
It’s 2020! Hahah don’t attack my conference. Period.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Exactly.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

I for one am glad we didn't get in.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Exactly.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

So is Vinton County, wellston, River Valley and South Gallia.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm

Exactly.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

No doubt. Wellston because of football and vinton because of girls basketball. Guess i should wait and see about wellston, friday could be a good game. Honestly who cares about rv and sg, do they even have sports programs?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:52 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm

No doubt. Wellston because of football and vinton because of girls basketball. Guess i should wait and see about wellston, friday could be a good game. Honestly who cares about rv and sg, do they even have sports programs?

Yes our girls haven’t recovered from that loss to fort Frye. They still have nightmares about losing to FF. It’s all we could think about when we cut the nets down after winning our conference, sectional and making that district championship appearance with a ton of sophomores in the staring line up.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

How many district championships have your girls won lately? Sort of running out of time with coaches daughters aren't ya? Guess he will have to go back out on the recruiting trail.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Exactly.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

I really wanted in. It’s been hell trying to schedule teams to play Fort Frye in football.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I’ll start out by saying I was for fort getting in and I’m not just talking about Fort Frye in this post. What I don’t get is how every time someone doesn’t get in, the whole conference now sucks. The TVC is a very old league. What it has built since it’s creation has been incredible. While other leagues have crumbled and struggled the TVC has not. It is not their responsibility to take in every school that doesn’t have a conference. The TVC is in a great place right now, NY has been a storied program within the league through its history and has good classes coming up ready to continue the tradition. Athens has rose up and has become quite the football program and is a great bigger school for our league. Wellston has obviously turned their program around and has a very good shot of winning a league title this year and their program seems to be heading in a good direction. Vinton County is a much difffent Vinton County then in the past, finally getting that big win over Athens this year and the past years against NY has been quite the series. Alexander has the right coach, just needs to keep building, Meigs as well. As for the hocking Trimble has dominated and has been a great representative in our conference, that’s really about all you can say is dominate. Waterford has been good making the playoffs and making some runs in the past couple years. Eastern seems to be in a good place now as well. It’a a conference with great coaches, great rivalries old and new. Is it perfect? No but I am happy with what we got and proud to be in it. Like I said I wish Fort got in, it’s unfortunate the vote didn’t swing their way. I’ll leave it at that for the night because I’m sure the comments back on this will be great... lol. To the fort folks, maybe the revote will swing your way, if not hopefully you get in a stable league soon.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 pm I’ll start out by saying I was for fort getting in and I’m not just talking about Fort Frye in this post. What I don’t get is how every time someone doesn’t get in, the whole conference now sucks. The TVC is a very old league. What it has built since it’s creation has been incredible. While other leagues have crumbled and struggled the TVC has not. It is not their responsibility to take in every school that doesn’t have a conference. The TVC is in a great place right now, NY has been a storied program within the league through its history and has good classes coming up ready to continue the tradition. Athens has rose up and has become quite the football program and is a great bigger school for our league. Wellston has obviously turned their program around and has a very good shot of winning a league title this year and their program seems to be heading in a good direction. Vinton County is a much difffent Vinton County then in the past, finally getting that big win over Athens this year and the past years against NY has been quite the series. Alexander has the right coach, just needs to keep building, Meigs as well. As for the hocking Trimble has dominated and has been a great representative in our conference, that’s really about all you can say is dominate. Waterford has been good making the playoffs and making some runs in the past couple years. Eastern seems to be in a good place now as well. It’a a conference with great coaches, great rivalries old and new. Is it perfect? No but I am happy with what we got and proud to be in it. Like I said I wish Fort got in, it’s unfortunate the vote didn’t swing their way. I’ll leave it at that for the night because I’m sure the comments back on this will be great... lol. To the fort folks, maybe the revote will swing your way, if not hopefully you get in a stable league soon.
Not all Fort Fans think the same. I really wanted to get in and wanted league stability. I know the higher ups and coaches at Fort are really disappointed by the result of tonight’s vote.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:42 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:18 pm I’ll start out by saying I was for fort getting in and I’m not just talking about Fort Frye in this post. What I don’t get is how every time someone doesn’t get in, the whole conference now sucks. The TVC is a very old league. What it has built since it’s creation has been incredible. While other leagues have crumbled and struggled the TVC has not. It is not their responsibility to take in every school that doesn’t have a conference. The TVC is in a great place right now, NY has been a storied program within the league through its history and has good classes coming up ready to continue the tradition. Athens has rose up and has become quite the football program and is a great bigger school for our league. Wellston has obviously turned their program around and has a very good shot of winning a league title this year and their program seems to be heading in a good direction. Vinton County is a much difffent Vinton County then in the past, finally getting that big win over Athens this year and the past years against NY has been quite the series. Alexander has the right coach, just needs to keep building, Meigs as well. As for the hocking Trimble has dominated and has been a great representative in our conference, that’s really about all you can say is dominate. Waterford has been good making the playoffs and making some runs in the past couple years. Eastern seems to be in a good place now as well. It’a a conference with great coaches, great rivalries old and new. Is it perfect? No but I am happy with what we got and proud to be in it. Like I said I wish Fort got in, it’s unfortunate the vote didn’t swing their way. I’ll leave it at that for the night because I’m sure the comments back on this will be great... lol. To the fort folks, maybe the revote will swing your way, if not hopefully you get in a stable league soon.
Not all Fort Fans think the same. I really wanted to get in and wanted league stability. I know the higher ups and coaches at Fort are really disappointed by the result of tonight’s vote.
I personally think it would have been good for the league, like I have said before. What a slate of games it could be. A playoff points machine as well for the victors. I get both sides of it with the traveling but we will see what this mentioned revote does.

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

While I’m not from the TVC, I can kinda understand about the traveling issues for some schools. The OVC stretches from Portsmouth to Gallipolis. It’s around and 1:05 minutes from Coal Grove to Gallipolis, and 45 minutes to Portsmouth. That’s on the bus by the way. Portsmouth to Gallia is around 1:30 or longer. Hopefully Fort can find themselves a conference to join.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein

Return to “Football”