Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Attack
Freshman Team

Re: Fort Frye Denied Admission into TVC

Post by Attack »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm The principals voted (which I still think is kinda dumb - why not AD's?)

The vote was 10-4 so it was 71% and 75% is needed.

They are going to try and send it to superintendents for a revote - but doubt it will do much good as River Valley and South Gallia have the same Super.
You can think it's "dumb" all you want, but I can't blame them for not wanting the AD's voting on something that directly affects the finances and educational process of the school district. Get their input yes, but not the final vote. That's how Wahama and South Gallia got into the league to start with was by vote of the AD's. Those votes caused problems and continue to pertaining to South Gallia.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Exactly.

Fort Frye, welcome to the club.

Fort Frye
Warren
Marietta
Logan
Jackson
Gallia academy
Oak Hill (early 90’s)

I’m sure I’m missing a few.
I for one am glad we didn't get in.

I really wanted in. It’s been hell trying to schedule teams to play Fort Frye in football.
what league should fort look to get in now?

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm They needed 10 they only got 9

No votes were

South Gallia
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston
Just an observation.
Drive time:
South Gallia to FF - 1hr and 50mins
River Valley to FF - 1hr and 27mins
Vinton to FF - 1hr and 25mins
Wellston to FF - 1hr and 40mins

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm The principals voted (which I still think is kinda dumb - why not AD's?)

The vote was 10-4 so it was 71% and 75% is needed.

They are going to try and send it to superintendents for a revote - but doubt it will do much good as River Valley and South Gallia have the same Super.
I’m curious on this - if RV and SG have the same Superintendent, would he get 2 votes or just one for his district? With only one vote as a district, FF would have the needed 75%, right? Could that be the reason there is a move to push the vote up a level?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm I really wanted in. It’s been hell trying to schedule teams to play Fort Frye in football.
How about all the local schools soon to be without a conference:

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Fort frye being added to the tvc would be the best for that conference. Better competition year in and year out.

BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Fort Frye Does not get in

Post by BigBoneJerome »

Thanks to Wellston, South Gallia, River Valley and Vinton County

Everyone else said yes

icanpickem
All Conference

Re: Fort Frye Does not get in

Post by icanpickem »

meatswinger
JV Team

Re: Fort Frye Does not get in

Post by meatswinger »

BigBoneJerome wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks to Wellston, South Gallia, River Valley and Vinton County

Everyone else said yes
The superintendent says, we don't need another road trip to Washington County. Nuff said. :mrgreen:

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

The superintendent says, we don't need another road trip to Washington County. :mrgreen:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:13 am
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm I really wanted in. It’s been hell trying to schedule teams to play Fort Frye in football.

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?
Barnesville and Shenandoah both don't want to play Fort Frye. Warren and Caldwell are on the schedule. Marietta . . . They will play a smaller county school from time to time, but it doesn't seem to be a thing they like to do.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?

Shenandoah is one of the main reason PVC is no more.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Just as a follow-up on driving distances, Fort Frye is about 2 minutes farther than Waterford (3 if you hit both lights red) that is already in the TVC.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I would have liked to see Fort Frye in the TVC. Too bad.

River Valley and South Gallia should be grateful the TVC took them in to begin with, then to vote against the majority? At least Fort Frye offers competitive teams in most sports, unlike RV and SG. Has either school won a conference championship in any sport since they joined?

If distance is the reason, remember Wellston and Vinton County's argument for traveling to Fort Frye would be the same argument Nelsonville-York and Athens could make for traveling to Oak Hill. Nelsonville to Oak Hill is over 60 miles. You could drive from Nelsonville to Columbus in less time than you can drive from Nelsonville to Oak Hill. I'm not saying I'm against Oak Hill joining if they wanted in, but I'm just trying to compare apples to apples here.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?

Oh, I know that would never happen. It does highlight the tough spot they are all in because geographically it works and there isn’t much else for any of them to do at this point. Warren has played or scheduled all those schools in the last two years except Caldwell, who they’ve played in basketball several times recently.

Warren was in the PVL with a combination of Fort Frye, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Byesville/Meadowbrook, and the Monroe County schools for a few years in the early 60s.

I knew Shenandoah put the final nail in the PVC, but for some reason I was thinking they mainly ran off Frontier?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fanatic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm Just as a follow-up on driving distances, Fort Frye is about 2 minutes farther than Waterford (3 if you hit both lights red) that is already in the TVC.
Exactly like 1 mile from one football field to the other.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Fort Frye
Caldwell
Shenandoah
Warren
Marietta

Maybe Barnesville?

Oh, I know that would never happen. It does highlight the tough spot they are all in because geographically it works and there isn’t much else for any of them to do at this point. Warren has played or scheduled all those schools in the last two years except Caldwell, who they’ve played in basketball several times recently.

Warren was in the PVL with a combination of Fort Frye, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Byesville/Meadowbrook, and the Monroe County schools for a few years in the early 60s.

I knew Shenandoah put the final nail in the PVC, but for some reason I was thinking they mainly ran off Frontier?
Yup Shenandoah tried to bully Frontier around and they said screw it will make our own league. Anyone that says different is a liar. I mean Frontier football coach and girls basketball coach also did not think they could be competitive vs Fort Frye.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Scenic Highway wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:30 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:29 pm They needed 10 they only got 9

No votes were

South Gallia
River Valley
Vinton County
Wellston
Those are some long drives to Beverly for those schools. Do not blame them at all for voting them down.
I don’t want to hear anything about a drive when we make the bus trip from Glouster to SG. That’s miserable. Lol. Kind of a shame they didn’t let FF in. I’m sure we’d welcome them to the Hocking 🤷🏻‍♂️

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Yup Shenandoah tried to bully Frontier around and they said screw it will make our own league. Anyone that says different is a liar. I mean Frontier football coach and girls basketball coach also did not think they could be competitive vs Fort Frye.
Everyone is afraid of FF just the sound of it makes teams run for the hills

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

dilligaf wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Everyone is afraid of FF just the sound of it makes teams run for the hills

It’s facts big dog. Next year Fort currently has 4 openings because Shenandoah , Barnesville , Magnolia , and Nelsonville all dropped them. 3 teams remain that will play Fort every year Caldwell , Belpre and Waterford. Fort will be forced to play teams 2-3 times bigger now. Fort Frye has tried to schedule every local team recently with team after team telling them no. That’s why Fort Frye needed the TVC more then TVC needed them.

Return to “Football”