2020 Wheelersburg 63 - 14 Valley

coop
SEOPS

Re: WK5 Wheelersburg - Valley

Post by coop »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:56 pm I know no one means harm but please refrain from calling out kids by name. They are still kids.

Prayers for the valley community. Burg will keep this respectful the entire game.

Much appreciated. It’s a hard week for these boys regardless of the opponent.

Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:14 pm hat a non noteworthy game. This is a perfect example of why Valley needs to back in the SOC 1. Even the Valley Coach knows that they stand NO chance! Running clock early and young Burg kids get their first varsity TD’s!
I know there's a good amount of disrespect being put on this post, but just because Valley has struggled against Burg doesn't mean they should drop down. If struggling against Burg was what determined SOC II then there wouldn't be anyone left in the conference. Valley has beat Burg more than anyone in the past decade and while we are 8-10 years removed from that it speaks more to Burg's dominance than anything else. Valley has played with or beaten everyone else in the league over the last 3-5 years, but I am quite sure Valley is okay playing up instead of sleep walking through SOC I. I guess maybe the young Burg kids could just play the young Valley kids who are already in varsity spots for one reason or another.

I also want say what has already been said on here... This Friday will be emotional for Valley. One of the players lost his father. According to the paper he was the athletic boosters president and formerly played for Coach Crabtree. We need to keep this family and community in our prayers.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SloppyTadpole69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:09 am Valley should roll Burg. I just do not see Burg producing much against Valley on offense because they just do not throw the ball well or run it well. Valley, on the other hand, has some big time players. What to big time players do? As Drake once said, "KeKe, do you love me?" Just something to live by when thinking about a game like this.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Rubberducks420 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 am Aaron Masters was a game changer before he tore his acl, sad to see such a waste of talent. Poor guy was going to the league
When did he tear his acl?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:11 am
SloppyTadpole69 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:09 am Valley should roll Burg. I just do not see Burg producing much against Valley on offense because they just do not throw the ball well or run it well. Valley, on the other hand, has some big time players. What to big time players do? As Drake once said, "KeKe, do you love me?" Just something to live by when thinking about a game like this.
Either your taking too many meds or not enough???

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Message Board Hero wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:14 pm hat a non noteworthy game. This is a perfect example of why Valley needs to back in the SOC 1. Even the Valley Coach knows that they stand NO chance! Running clock early and young Burg kids get their first varsity TD’s!
I know there's a good amount of disrespect being put on this post, but just because Valley has struggled against Burg doesn't mean they should drop down. If struggling against Burg was what determined SOC II then there wouldn't be anyone left in the conference. Valley has beat Burg more than anyone in the past decade and while we are 8-10 years removed from that it speaks more to Burg's dominance than anything else. Valley has played with or beaten everyone else in the league over the last 3-5 years, but I am quite sure Valley is okay playing up instead of sleep walking through SOC I. I guess maybe the young Burg kids could just play the young Valley kids who are already in varsity spots for one reason or another.

I also want say what has already been said on here... This Friday will be emotional for Valley. One of the players lost his father. According to the paper he was the athletic boosters president and formerly played for Coach Crabtree. We need to keep this family and community in our prayers.
I give valley's staff and program the utmost respect. They play hard, are well coached and know what it takes to win. They'be been behind the 8 ball here lately with youth, injuries and declining enrollment. However, they continue to do the right things the right way and with class. They're an asset to SOC 2 and sending them to SOC 1 is a detriment.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

packers80 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:15 pm
Message Board Hero wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:11 am

I give valley's staff and program the utmost respect. They play hard, are well coached and know what it takes to win. They'be been behind the 8 ball here lately with youth, injuries and declining enrollment. However, they continue to do the right things the right way and with class. They're an asset to SOC 2 and sending them to SOC 1 is a detriment.
Not sure why the enrollment out at Valley is dropping as they have good schools and athletics have remained strong. It definitely hard to compete with only 30 kids in SOC II football. But with playoffs expanding to 12 teams next year and Valley potentially dropping to D7, I don't see a need for them to be moved to SOC I as they can still manage their schedule and be in playoffs most years regardless how they fare in conference play.*

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Rubberducks420 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:11 am
PirateFan[69] wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:21 am
Rubberducks420 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:37 am Aaron Masters was a game changer before he tore his acl, sad to see such a waste of talent. Poor guy was going to the league
When did he tear his acl?
Tore it in a pick up basketball game against some 7th graders about week 3 last year. They were talking crap so Masters said he had to take it too them. They actually beat him 21-17. Tore it about 8 points in a little left crossed him up. Played on it like a man tho. Keptit close i respect it.
🧢

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

None of the teams want valley to move down to soc 1. they just beat the best team in the division pretty bad just imagine what they would do to the other teams. they are fine where they are. Lucasville is just getting to be a older community most younger people who would have kids seem to move away. I know from my graduation class there is only a few still living in the district.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 pm None of the teams want valley to move down to soc 1. they just beat the best team in the division pretty bad just imagine what they would do to the other teams. they are fine where they are. Lucasville is just getting to be a older community most younger people who would have kids seem to move away. I know from my graduation class there is only a few still living in the district.
We also may be looking at the landscape of education changing. Consolidation could very well happen

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

I think what you're seeing right now is Northwest was able to keep some players home that 10 to 15 years ago were going to Valley.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 pm
Izladoom wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:49 pm None of the teams want valley to move down to soc 1. they just beat the best team in the division pretty bad just imagine what they would do to the other teams. they are fine where they are. Lucasville is just getting to be a older community most younger people who would have kids seem to move away. I know from my graduation class there is only a few still living in the district.
We also may be looking at the landscape of education changing. Consolidation could very well happen
I’ve said all a long that some of the smaller schools should consolidate. As for valley goin back down to one I don’t really think they should but IMO I don’t think one of if not the biggest school in the conference in northwest should be in soc 1. They need to be moved back up

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

I've heard speculation that Northwest is seeking refuge in the SVC

How do you thing Green and East would fill about that? Northwest is allowed to move down and beat these teams to death so they could get their numbers up and switch leagues? What a bunch of garbage

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am I've heard speculation that Northwest is seeking refuge in the SVC

How do you thing Green and East would fill about that? Northwest is allowed to move down and beat these teams to death so they could get their numbers up and switch leagues? What a bunch of garbage
They don’t want to get moved back up to soc 2. They should have never been moved down IMO

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:43 am I've heard speculation that Northwest is seeking refuge in the SVC

The travel times just see horrible for that to happen I think I

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

First I've heard of trying to go to the SVC. They already play Southeastern varsity and jv. The play Huntington Ross and some jv games last year with other SVC schools. They play Piketon week 10 this year. Our freshman are playing Piketon this weekend.

They already played ND East and Green in the regular season before they moved down.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

They're not ever gonna win the SVC either.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

With the rise in cases and scioto co now bein on red is this game still gonna happen

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

PistolPete7 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:38 am They're not ever gonna win the SVC either.

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Hopefully. But maybe with less fans?