Notre Dame 2020

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Notre Dame 2020

Post by Crab's Brother »

RelaxGoat wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:27 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am So if you guys have all the answers.....

Put your names to it and say who you are. Everyone is tough behind a keyboard.

I watched the game Saturday. I watched them scrimmage Valley. I watched the West game on Hudl. Who is playing that shouldn't be and who is not playing that should be? Let's hear it. I am dying to know.
So where does the problem lie, if you watched the game? You answered none of those questions. Avoiding them? Why?
What questions have you asked me?

I haven't avoided anything.

You claim to know everything but you haven't given any information at all.

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

Notre Dame is 1-2 so far in 2020. I think most reasonable people think that is exactly where they would be at this time. They were out-talented by West as the control of the line of scrimmage by West indicated. Yes, they could have defeated NW but turnovers doomed them (sometimes the other team has a hand in causing them). I am trying to understand if your complaint is with personnel decisions or preparation.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:13 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 am So if you guys have all the answers.....

Put your names to it and say who you are. Everyone is tough behind a keyboard.

I watched the game Saturday. I watched them scrimmage Valley. I watched the West game on Hudl. Who is playing that shouldn't be and who is not playing that should be? Let's hear it. I am dying to know.
So where does the problem lie, if you watched the game? You answered none of those questions. Avoiding them? Why?

Exactly!

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Seems like there’s legitimate questions being asked, with no answers. People saying they are outsiders, yet seem to know “everything”. One of you outted yourself by say “we are ND” in another post. The bottom line is this. ND could be a much better team, they have talent. Stats have been brought up about only losing so many games by so many points, that just shows me somebody can’t win a close game. You can blame the players or the coaches. I think it’s a coaching issue.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

I have never been a fan of "the blame game". (Although I do blame John Cooper for making the 90's the most miserable decade of my life). I believe that every high school coach - either head coach or assistant - tries to give their team every chance to achieve success. I know a number of coaches in various sports at various schools and what they have to put up with is beyond what I would do. I don't think that any coach wants to finish on the short end of a game. Every coach has a different philosophy of what it takes to win. Again, if you compare the talent of ND to West and Northwest, they fall short.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

7 pages on ND football, every dad of a player must have an opinion --- ha ha JK . There hasnt been this much talk about ND since the dipweed from East was making Catholic jokes .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:42 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:13 am

Exactly!
You are still here buddy. I haven’t seen you add anything to the conversation other than running your mouth.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm I have never been a fan of "the blame game". (Although I do blame John Cooper for making the 90's the most miserable decade of my life). I believe that every high school coach - either head coach or assistant - tries to give their team every chance to achieve success. I know a number of coaches in various sports at various schools and what they have to put up with is beyond what I would do. I don't think that any coach wants to finish on the short end of a game. Every coach has a different philosophy of what it takes to win. Again, if you compare the talent of ND to West and Northwest, they fall short.
Typically people fall into one of two categories:

1. The coach is the next Bill Belichick. He can win with no talent and if he ever gets some talented players he'll win the state. If the team loses a game it's either bad luck or the players screwed up or the parents and/or administration/school board are interfering.

2. Anyone could win with these players. If they don't win it's bad coaching 100% of the time. When they win it's because of talented players and in spite of poor coaching. When they don't have good players it's cause the coach can't get any good athletes to play for him.

For those people you'll never convince them of anything different. There's a much smaller group too:

3. The coach wins when he has talent and loses when he doesn't.

This is all from what I've seen and heard anyway.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:07 pm I have never been a fan of "the blame game". (Although I do blame John Cooper for making the 90's the most miserable decade of my life). I believe that every high school coach - either head coach or assistant - tries to give their team every chance to achieve success. I know a number of coaches in various sports at various schools and what they have to put up with is beyond what I would do. I don't think that any coach wants to finish on the short end of a game. Every coach has a different philosophy of what it takes to win. Again, if you compare the talent of ND to West and Northwest, they fall short.
I agree to a point. I think ND match up well against both team. ND quit in the West game way to early. A team with no fight in them has to be looked at. NW did stop the run. Penalties definitely signal that ND is undisciplined. That indicates coaching. It was a close game. Coaching decisions like going for Two and then running the clock with a lead are what decided who won. Talent was even.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:00 pm
I agree to a point. I think ND match up well against both team. ND quit in the West game way to early. A team with no fight in them has to be looked at. NW did stop the run. Penalties definitely signal that ND is undisciplined. That indicates coaching. It was a close game. Coaching decisions like going for Two and then running the clock with a lead are what decided who won. Talent was even.
If anyone doubted my earlier post, case in point. :o

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 am Seems like there’s legitimate questions being asked, with no answers. People saying they are outsiders, yet seem to know “everything”. One of you outted yourself by say “we are ND” in another post. The bottom line is this. ND could be a much better team, they have talent. Stats have been brought up about only losing so many games by so many points, that just shows me somebody can’t win a close game. You can blame the players or the coaches. I think it’s a coaching issue.
ND has matched up well with West and NW. ND’s talent ran over Green. I think it is all in the details as you have mentioned. Cramping players for the last 10 years has been a constant. Smaller kids on the line bigger kids in skilled positions. At one point three offensive plays were all that were used.

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Is it time for a change yet??? So sick of the copouts and excuses. This would NEVER fly at any other school.in this county or anywhere for that matter. Lost to Symmes in overtime. When.is ND gonna say ENOUGH!!! For some reason losing is ok when it is ND but God forbid this was Burg or Minford you all would be headhunters. Kids play hard for coaches they respect. " Attitude reflects leadership!!"

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

sterling wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:29 pm Is it time for a change yet??? So sick of the copouts and excuses. This would NEVER fly at any other school.in this county or anywhere for that matter. Lost to Symmes in overtime. When.is ND onna say ENOUGH!!! For some reason losing is ok when it is ND but God forbid this was Burg or Minford you all would be headhunters. Kids play hard for coaches they respect. " Attitude reflects leadership!!"
And here we go again....*

sterling
Waterboy

Post by sterling »

Yep!!!!!!! Why does ND not deserve to win???? This thread would have a totally different stance if we were talking about a powerhouse school.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

sterling wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 pm Yep!!!!!!! Why does ND not deserve to win???? This thread would have a totally different stance if we were talking about a powerhouse school.
Yeah, well, Notre Dame’s not a powerhouse school in any sense or interpretation of the term. Except in girls basketball. And they have good academics.

BTW, still care to challenge my comment on what ND’s tuition is? :roll:

Benaglsfan08
Waterboy

Post by Benaglsfan08 »

I heard from a little birdie that coach Ashley’s seat is sizzling right now and next Friday night might be his last game roaming the side lines for Notre dame.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Benaglsfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 pm I heard from a little birdie that coach Ashley’s seat is sizzling right now and next Friday night might be his last game roaming the side lines for Notre dame.
If that staff stayed on after an 0-10 year last year, how can ND justify getting rid of them now after winning 2 games under these circumstances? Sounds like wishful thinking as Ashley good there until he decides he no longer wants to coach*

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:53 am Notre Dame is 1-2 so far in 2020. I think most reasonable people think that is exactly where they would be at this time. They were out-talented by West as the control of the line of scrimmage by West indicated. Yes, they could have defeated NW but turnovers doomed them (sometimes the other team has a hand in causing them). I am trying to understand if your complaint is with personnel decisions or preparation.
Both.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 pm
sterling wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:42 pm Yep!!!!!!! Why does ND not deserve to win???? This thread would have a totally different stance if we were talking about a powerhouse school.
Yeah, well, Notre Dame’s not a powerhouse school in any sense or interpretation of the term. Except in girls basketball. And they have good academics.

BTW, still care to challenge my comment on what ND’s tuition is? :roll:
What is it?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:42 am
Benaglsfan08 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 pm I heard from a little birdie that coach Ashley’s seat is sizzling right now and next Friday night might be his last game roaming the side lines for Notre dame.
If that staff stayed on after an 0-10 year last year, how can ND justify getting rid of them now after winning 2 games under these circumstances? Sounds like wishful thinking as Ashley good there until he decides he no longer wants to coach*
I wonder what expectations are for football at ND? None? Just field a team?

Return to “Football”