TBA Piketon - Westfall

mlittle
SEOP

Re: WK5 Piketon - Westfall

Post by mlittle »

pktnred wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:28 pm PIKETON offered to go to their field with NO fans Saturday and they would not even give Piketon a reply. Sounds pretty fishy to us
Just confirmed this and WOW!! Sounds to me like this had more to do with tourney seedings than covid

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 pm Should be a forfeit. Chalk it up as a win Streaks!
OHSAA says there are no forfeits this year for cancellations.
hbk1999 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm League should sanction Westfall for this.

Cancel day of, give me a break.

Westfall admin should be ashamed.

Piketon zero positives on Football team.

If you don’t want to play cancel on Monday not game day.

SVC should have some balls and do something about it.
lol, geez.

It's been a common practice this fall for schools to have their own policies, or a deference to their local department of health, when it comes to choosing to play or not to play a team from a red county.

Good on Westfall administration for playing it safe.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:00 pm
metwct44 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:44 pm Should be a forfeit. Chalk it up as a win Streaks!
hbk1999 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:01 pm League should sanction Westfall for this.

lol, geez.

It's been a common practice this fall for schools to have their own policies, or a deference to their local department of health, when it comes to choosing to play or not to play a team from a red county.

I have NO problems with the decision, just that it should have been made yesterday after Pike county went red. Waiting until 2 pm on gameday is not good.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:09 pm

lol, geez.

I have NO problems with the decision, just that it should have been made yesterday after Pike county went red. Waiting until 2 pm on gameday is not good.
That's fair, and I agree.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

It’s a weak decision by an obviously weaker administration

Get bullied by a bunch for wannabe scientists at Health Dept

If I remember pickaway co health dept wanted to cancel school and sports right out of the gate and backed down when people told them they were stupid

Kids are at minimal risk.

All political nonsense.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

Westfall hosted a ms cc meet on wed with at least 5 schools

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:32 pm It’s a weak decision by an obviously weaker administration

Get bullied by a bunch for wannabe scientists at Health Dept

If I remember pickaway co health dept wanted to cancel school and sports right out of the gate and backed down when people told them they were stupid

Kids are at minimal risk.

All political nonsense.
Wrong.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Sadly I am right

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

hbk1999 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:33 pm Sadly I am right
Interesting. I didn’t seem to receive the memo.

Oh wait, I did. Says nothing about sports:
Attachments
7B44ADA4-61DF-4078-A9DA-5750C1D3AEAF.jpeg

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Keep drinking the kool aid

sykesb2
Freshman Team

Post by sykesb2 »

Just play the game Westfall. Waverly schools and teachers are the only reason they are on level 3 and they played tonight.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Except in playoffs

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 pm It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:
Hog wash, had this been a playoff game you bet your butt westfall would've played. Seems like the other county schools had no problem playing teams outside of the county. Westfall simply didn't want to make the drive is all. This is why some areas have been told it's best not to follow health department color system, because even though a county might turn up red, none of it could be related to the school itself. They should makeup the game then, westfall would have no problem with that right??

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Exactly, Greygoose!!!!!
Can’t wait to see their response.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 am
Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 pm It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:
Hog wash, had this been a playoff game you bet your butt westfall would've played. Seems like the other county schools had no problem playing teams outside of the county. Westfall simply didn't want to make the drive is all. This is why some areas have been told it's best not to follow health department color system, because even though a county might turn up red, none of it could be related to the school itself. They should makeup the game then, westfall would have no problem with that right??
This has to be about tournament seedings and not about safety. If it was about safety then there was absolutely no common sense applied when making the decision. Especially since piketon offered to come to Westfall to play and bring no fans

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

One word sums it up
NONSENSE

If league doesn’t punish them in some way it is a sad and spineless day for the SVC

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Well, spineless is the last six months in this state. Scared for a very little reason.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

petesweaty wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:42 am Well, spineless is the last six months in this state. Scared for a very little reason.
Agreed. It seems common sense isn’t so common anymore when making decisions. I think Piketon has had just 1 positive case since school started.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

All you people who are ignorant enough to believe that all this Covid BS isn't 100% political need your heads examined. The same people wearing masks in your cars. Sad

Westfallmustang
Riding the Bench

Post by Westfallmustang »

greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 am
At this point I could care less. I’m just telling you that it has been going on from day one over here. Decisions that are made I just shake my head. I don’t disagree with you but don’t act like your team is the only ones that lost out on a game the kids don’t make decisions.

Return to “Football”