Fisher Catholic 22 dressed

RelaxGoat

Re: Fisher Catholic 22 dressed

Post by RelaxGoat »

Player safety should come first... just saying.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:20 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:01 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:57 pm Low 30's.
That’s a pleasant surprise.

This is just my opinion, but I think that part of the city is basically destined to not produce any competitive football unless Briggs merges into West or unless either cuts football and the other assumes the students that would play.

The Hilltop really has too many “opportunities” for kids to play ball at. If you’re good and have the means (almost go hand-in-hand) you’ll go to Ready. If you don’t have the means, and want a private school environment, Ready and GCC take EdChoice. If you don’t want to attend Columbus City Schools, it’s easy to rent into Southwestern City and enroll in to Franklin Heights. Then you have West and Briggs splitting kids.
It's tough for the coaches in the city, with all of the hoops they have to jump through just to keep their team on the field.
Tough for the coaches? What about the kids? When was the last time a coach got their brains beat in?

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

RelaxGoat wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:06 pm Player safety should come first... just saying.
Aside from concussions, it’s been at least five years since we had a kid experience a broken bone/knee injury/any injury severe enough to miss a sports season. [knocks on the nearest piece of wood.] Pretty good testament to our strength and conditioning programs year-round, our sports medicine and the kids we have in our program (even in waning years, like this year.)

We’re fine.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

That is good to hear. There are always several on crutches from both sides at the games I have attended.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Last night Africentric had somewhere near 30 players dressed. I tried counting but never got a solid count.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

19 for Belpre last week Division 6 school and 12 of those were seniors.

Return to “Football”