Playoffs

fortdawg
All Conference

Playoffs

Post by fortdawg »

I haven't seen anything official but have been told that the tourney draw is Thursday and it will be handled like basketball with the first 8 seeds getting byes and then everyone else matching up.
This means there will be horse trading.
Does anybody have a surprise on who will make the top 8 and if a deserving team will get left out of the byes?
Federal and Southern opting out just cost the TVC Hocking 2 votes.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Playoffs

Post by EasternDspy »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:43 am I haven't seen anything official but have been told that the tourney draw is Thursday and it will be handled like basketball with the first 8 seeds getting byes and then everyone else matching up.
Does anybody have a surprise on who will make the top 8 and if a deserving team will get left out of the byes?
Draw is 29th it is on the computer. Number of byes depends on how many teams are in each region. Will have the brackets on Thursday.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

To my knowledge eastern is correct, the number of byes depends on amount of teams in the region... Maybe eastern can help me out on a few issues. It's my understanding the highest seed gets to host all the way to regional final? Ticket sales use to be the team would get a 1$ on all pre sale ticket sales, now I heard the schools get 0$ on ticket sales.. Will the hosting schools get a set amount of $$ to cover there costs? Some schools can make a little $ by charging for parking, while some schools can't.. Just wondering because it might be kind of pricey to host a game or more..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

fortdawg wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:43 am I haven't seen anything official but have been told that the tourney draw is Thursday and it will be handled like basketball with the first 8 seeds getting byes and then everyone else matching up.
I don't think anyone is going to be able to comment on the top however many who end up with a bye. Just don't know how coaches are going to vote on things.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:05 pm
I don't think anyone is going to be able to comment on the top however many who end up with a bye. Just don't know how coaches are going to vote on things.
Im ready for those seedings to drop lol

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Going to be more politics than the basketball seeding...... I’d say several teams will get hosed.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

superblue wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:59 am To my knowledge eastern is correct, the number of byes depends on amount of teams in the region... Maybe eastern can help me out on a few issues. It's my understanding the highest seed gets to host all the way to regional final? Ticket sales use to be the team would get a 1$ on all pre sale ticket sales, now I heard the schools get 0$ on ticket sales.. Will the hosting schools get a set amount of $$ to cover there costs? Some schools can make a little $ by charging for parking, while some schools can't.. Just wondering because it might be kind of pricey to host a game or more..
I could wrong but I believe the higher seeds have home games up to the regional semi finals with the regional finals on a neutral site. But we all know there is no such thing at a “true” neutral site. Someone always gets favored on them

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

smurray wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 pm
Going to be more politics than the basketball seeding...... I’d say several teams will get hosed.
I’ll guarantee there will be teams that get the shaft

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Just as a point of reference, apparently D1 has only 64 schools participating in the playoffs, so there will be no byes.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Good point omega, it worked out perfect.... 16 teams per region. Wonder what the odds of that happening were? Lol... I figure they will start on week one of playoffs but finish up a week ahead of the other divisions... Is that what you are thinking?

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I think the facility will play a part in who is higher seeded also..... If you are a coach and two teams are close, one has a nice turf field with nice a facility and another team has a grass field with average facility with same type of resume who are you giving higher seed esp if you may have to visit one of the two later down the line...... same thing with travel. If 10 schools are with in an hour of each other then one is over two hours away you could get some pull on those schools also..... It seems about right for 2020

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

superblue wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:07 am Good point omega, it worked out perfect.... 16 teams per region. Wonder what the odds of that happening were? Lol... I figure they will start on week one of playoffs but finish up a week ahead of the other divisions... Is that what you are thinking?
Yeah, D1 will wrap up a week earlier than the other divisions.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

It is going to be interesting to see how some of these regions end up after the coaches seed the teams.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I am sure there will be some questionable seeds. With 25 teams in some regions it makes it hard to seed teams you know nothing about... Only good thing about doing it this way is the coaches won't be sitting in the same room....lol...

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

I'm trying to guess seeding. I have no idea how coaches are gonna seed these things. Some teams have only played like two games. Gonna be interesting. But who cares! Wild year means wild playoffs.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

LeftHanded wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:25 am I'm trying to guess seeding. I have no idea how coaches are gonna seed these things. Some teams have only played like two games. Gonna be interesting. But who cares! Wild year means wild playoffs.
Yep! Still have to beat who is in front of you no matter what if you want to advance. The first week could be really wild before you reach the time where the typical playoffs would begin.

Return to “Football”