Region 16

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Region 16

Post by MrFirstTake »

The main thing with beating Massie is stopping their offense i swear i think waverly can score with them because i have watched every Massie game this year the pass defense is pretty average and thats waverlys strength so i di t think the trouble would be scoring it would defense

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Waverly is a darn good team and their draw is crucial. Their defense will really have to be great in this region. It would be great to see a Waverly/Unioto matchup early on just for kick and giggles. Mlittle would have a blast lol

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am The main thing with beating Massie is stopping their offense i swear i think waverly can score with them because i have watched every Massie game this year the pass defense is pretty average and thats waverlys strength so i di t think the trouble would be scoring it would defense
I would rewatch massie lol. Watch them play alter. Those guys are top d1 talent and massie runs down there throat. I don’t think it would be close. I would hope for a game vs Indian hill or Wyoming if I was you. Be better chance for you guys to Match up and go athlete on athlete. I would worry about your 3-3 stack against massie ground attack.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:51 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am The main thing with beating Massie is stopping their offense i swear i think waverly can score with them because i have watched every Massie game this year the pass defense is pretty average and thats waverlys strength so i di t think the trouble would be scoring it would defense
I would rewatch massie lol. Watch them play alter. Those guys are top d1 talent and massie runs down there throat. I don’t think it would be close. I would hope for a game vs Indian hill or Wyoming if I was you. Be better chance for you guys to Match up and go athlete on athlete. I would worry about your 3-3 stack against massie ground attack.
Im not a waverly fan lol im a ironton fan but that was opening week i agree i said there offense was good but i watched against western brown and new richmond also and they were passing the ball all over Massie watch for yourself and tell me im lying. I watched massie vs batavian also but Batavia was really bad
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The full games are all on campus nation youtube channel

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly changed schemes this year defensively. They don’t run the 3-3 stack anymore, it’s more like a 4-2-5. That’s one reason they have done much better vs the run so far this season.

veer
JV Team

Post by veer »

CM is going to handle anyone in this region.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Waverly changed schemes this year defensively. They don’t run the 3-3 stack anymore, it’s more like a 4-2-5. That’s one reason they have done much better vs the run so far this season.
Not sure a 7 diamond would make a difference. Waverly will have to hope for a perfect game on offense and massie turns it over few times.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:39 pm

Not sure a 7 diamond would make a difference. Waverly will have to hope for a perfect game on offense and massie turns it over few times.
Well I can tell you the run defense is much improved. Only point I was making. As far as playing Massie and what would need to be done to compete with them, I’m not interested in talking about. At least yet anyways. We’ll see where everyone falls come Thursday and then maybe can talk potential matchups. But by all means, have at it lol.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Well I can tell you the run defense is much improved. Only point I was making. As far as playing Massie and what would need to be done to compete with them, I’m not interested in talking about. At least yet anyways. We’ll see where everyone falls come Thursday and then maybe can talk potential matchups. But by all means, have at it lol.
Waverly folks talking Massie when they can’t even beat Unioto 😆😆😆

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

mlittle wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm
Seems like the only person quoted talking about a potential Massie matchup is someone with “Tanks” in their name.... :o :o

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:27 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pm

Seems like the only person quoted talking about a potential Massie matchup is someone with “Tanks” in their name.... :o :o
Wow. Got me

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Seeding will be very interesting. I Was reading on YAPPI and a lot of them rank waverly in the 7-9 range. Waverly doesn’t get any respect due to losing historically.

This was the justification for ranking them 9

In reference to Waverly, when playing in Region 16, they have no playoff wins in 2018, 2017, or 2016. That includes losses to Indian Hill (63-28), Valley View (42-0), and Valley View (34-0). Both of their losses to Valley View were also while playing at home.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm Seeding will be very interesting. I Was reading on YAPPI and a lot of them rank waverly in the 7-9 range. Waverly doesn’t get any respect due to losing historically.

In reference to Waverly, when playing in Region 16, they have no playoff wins in 2018, 2017, or 2016. That includes losses to Indian Hill (63-28), Valley View (42-0), and Valley View (34-0). Both of their losses to Valley View were also while playing at home.
9 would be egregiously low, but I agree with the general sentiment they shouldn’t expect to be seeded into the top four. Still think it’s #5.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

This is such a tough region with a high level of play. Waverly has proven they can beat good teams this year so hopefully they will get a good seed and will prove it playoff time.

Sports-nut
JV Team

Post by Sports-nut »

LetsBeReal wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm Seeding will be very interesting. I Was reading on YAPPI and a lot of them rank waverly in the 7-9 range. Waverly doesn’t get any respect due to losing historically.

One loss was at Germantown

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sports-nut wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:55 pm

One loss was at Germantown
Correct

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

I wasn’t quite expecting for it to be THAT harsh. No respect at all. Just curious to see how Thursday plays out. It’s like they think the 2016 team is playing instead. They give credence to D1 players on the field but don’t do their homework. No modesty or people without bias. I like that we have that here

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

“But if I were to actually rank teams on how good I thought they were, I could argue to seed them as:

1. Clinton Massie
2. Wyoming
3. Indian Hill
4. Valley View
5. McNicholas
6. Waynesville
7. Milton-Union
8. Graham

9. Waverly”

I ran Calpreps whose formula isn’t perfect and not to be trusted but has Waverly only losing to Indian Hill by 7.
35-34 over Clinton Massie.

Has burg predicted as a 35-34 win and Granville at a 31-27 win so it is close to actual final scores.

I just hope this doesn’t carry over into the seeding

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Waverly just needs to focus on Oak Hill. The seedings will take care of themselves. We should celebrate that the kids are getting a chance to play.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”