TBA Piketon - Westfall

mlittle
SEOP

Re: WK5 Piketon - Westfall

Post by mlittle »

Westfallmustang wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:16 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 am
Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 pm It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:
Hog wash, had this been a playoff game you bet your butt westfall would've played. Seems like the other county schools had no problem playing teams outside of the county. Westfall simply didn't want to make the drive is all. This is why some areas have been told it's best not to follow health department color system, because even though a county might turn up red, none of it could be related to the school itself. They should makeup the game then, westfall would have no problem with that right??
At this point I could care less. I’m just telling you that it has been going on from day one over here. Decisions that are made I just shake my head. I don’t disagree with you but don’t act like your team is the only ones that lost out on a game the kids don’t make decisions.
Yes this is unfortunate for all involved. I guarantee the Westfall kids wanted to play just as bad as the Piketon kids

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Both sets of players lost out on something they can never get back. Sad!!!

Wakefield.Warrior
Riding the Bench

Post by Wakefield.Warrior »

Only thing softer than Piketon’s defense is Westfall’s administration.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Wakefield.Warrior wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:58 pm Only thing softer than Piketon’s defense is Westfall’s administration.
Nice

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

You guys act like this game can’t be made up, after both teams lose in playoffs. :roll:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfallmustang wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:16 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:01 am
Westfallmustang wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:23 pm It is not just your team. They did it to their own team. Kids are all pissed off. And as for a the crap about playoffs I’d say it has no relevance on the situation. As I stated before they are real strict with the guidelines here and do everything to the letter, even if I hate it. Sucks for your team and ours, but that’s the time we’re in at the moment. If you want to be mad be mad at your health department that moved your county to red. Or the people in the community that don’t wear masks or wash their hands and spread the virus that makes your community red. As icing on the cake and as dumb as it sounds we’re looking for a team to play that is not in a covid hot zone. :oops:
Hog wash, had this been a playoff game you bet your butt westfall would've played. Seems like the other county schools had no problem playing teams outside of the county. Westfall simply didn't want to make the drive is all. This is why some areas have been told it's best not to follow health department color system, because even though a county might turn up red, none of it could be related to the school itself. They should makeup the game then, westfall would have no problem with that right??
At this point I could care less. I’m just telling you that it has been going on from day one over here. Decisions that are made I just shake my head. I don’t disagree with you but don’t act like your team is the only ones that lost out on a game the kids don’t make decisions.
It's not my team, your kids lost out on a decision made but their ppl in charge. Piketon offered to drive there with zero fans so they offered a solution and westfall still was to worried about taking a loss. I mean you started by wanting ppl to blame the health department and then ppl who don't wear mask. No no, it's Westfalls brass plain and simple who caused the problem. I don't think there would've been as much backlash had they done it when pike county had gone red.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:48 pm You guys act like this game can’t be made up, after both teams lose in playoffs. :roll:
It's already been stated.

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Re: TBA Piketon - Westfall

Post by Shoedaddy »

1. Westfall got their hands tied a bit when Circleville and Amanda shut their games down earlier in the week. Forced Westfall under the magnifying glass.
2. They should have already been prepared with a decision and as soon as Pike Co. went RED on Thursday morning, Piketon could have been notified. Honestly if I were Westfall's AD, I call Monday and say, "Listen if you guys go Red, we ain't playing. Start thinking of a backup plan."
3. Sucks for the kids, but that has been 2020.

Seopnation
Freshman Team

Post by Seopnation »

Just looked at the Region 19 rankings as of today and if the seeding would go in the same order then Piketon and Westfall would actually play each other in the 1st round. How many coaches in R19 would lobby to keep those seeds the same to see the matchup??

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Boy I hope that’s the case.
Streaks are ready for this!!!

Return to “Football”