Thoughts?

Adena big

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
RothGGProducer
Riding the Bench

Re: October 2, 2020 Adena - Zane Trace

Post by RothGGProducer »

mattash wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 am Thoughts?

Adena big
Yea should be Adena big, 740 Zone getting our first look at Adena all season. Excited to see how they look heading into the playoffs. Should be either the 2 or the 3 seed in the region behind Coldwater.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

I think ZT is better than their record indicates, maybe they need to play some of their better athletes both ways instead of Offense only. The defense seems to be somewhat of an afterthought, I don't believe that we (PV) are really 35 pts better than ZT. That aside I have to go with Adena 48-20.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ZT is better than their record looks, but I still don’t envision this being much of a challenge for Adena

Adena 47-14

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Adena win big. Running clock after halftime big.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Bumpy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:59 pm I think ZT is better than their record indicates, maybe they need to play some of their better athletes both ways instead of Offense only. The defense seems to be somewhat of an afterthought, I don't believe that we (PV) are really 35 pts better than ZT. That aside I have to go with Adena 48-20.
I’ve heard a lot of Negative rumblings coming out of Zt recently. Not fielding the best 11 players being one. No live tackling In practice being another.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I think they just practice social distancing during the week. :D
Problem is they have on Friday night also.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

RothGGProducer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Adena big
Yea should be Adena big, 740 Zone getting our first look at Adena all season. Excited to see how they look heading into the playoffs. Should be either the 2 or the 3 seed in the region behind Coldwater.
Depends on how voting goes. This could be real bad for teams like adena. If they play a second round home game vs some of those teams could be ugly. Teams like minster or fort recovery would easily be favored imo.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:07 am

Adena big
Depends on how voting goes. This could be real bad for teams like adena. If they play a second round home game vs some of those teams could be ugly. Teams like minster or fort recovery would easily be favored imo.
Yep, it’s an awful region for our local teams to be in. Adena/Paint Valley would both have had greater success in 23.

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Post by Bumpy »

Adena big
Have to disagree with you on a few things, Adena will be no worse than a 3 seed for sure. That means not only will they have an easy 1st game but the next one for them will be lower seeded and a very winnable game for them. As for the MAC teams in our region Anna is way down as is Minster and I don't believe either of them could beat Adena or PV. Ft. Recovery on the other hand is a very good team and would be a tough out for anyone in R24, Coldwater is clearly the #1 team in D6 and it would take a monumental game for any of the other top seeds to take them out.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I guess the hope is that Adena and PV being the only area schools in that region dont lose votes because of that if that makes since? Or I suppose voted lower because from Southern Ohio.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Yep, it’s an awful region for our local teams to be in. Adena/Paint Valley would both have had greater success in 23.
No doubt in my mind

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

shoelace wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:24 pm I guess the hope is that Adena and PV being the only area schools in that region dont lose votes because of that if that makes since? Or I suppose voted lower because from Southern Ohio.
I get what you’re saying. I don’t think they would necessarily lose votes out of a bias against Southern Ohio teams, but I think Paint Valley might get seeded into the 7-10 range simply due to the possibility of bloc voting. One conference in the region, the Ohio Heritage Conference, has six entrants and four of them are 4-1 or 5-0 (Mechanicsburg, Fairbanks, West Jefferson, Greeneview.) The Cross County Conference has four entrants and one of them is 4-1 Covington. There’s obviously the MAC who has three teams with two of them being odds-on favorites to win the whole thing (Coldwater and Ft. Recovery.) So while I think Adena will be 3rd or 4th, my guess is Paint Valley isn’t going to have much help from other coaches for their seeding like four other 4-1 teams will thanks to the presence of their conference opponents. And Ft Recovery may get seeded above PV, too.

My guess...

1) Coldwater
2) Mechanicsburg
3) Adena
4) Covington
5) West Jefferson
6) Fairbanks
7) Ft. Recovery
8) Greeneview
9) Paint Valley
10) Allen East

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I would have a hard time putting paint valley over Allen East. NWc way stronger than svc and they had a huge win over Spencerville.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 pm I would have a hard time putting paint valley over Allen East. NWc way stronger than svc and they had a huge win over Spencerville.
I’ll grant you the Spencerville win being a good win, but not the NWC > SVC if you’re comparing the quality of AE’s other three wins to Paint Valley’s wins. Not this year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:24 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 pm I would have a hard time putting paint valley over Allen East. NWc way stronger than svc and they had a huge win over Spencerville.
I’ll grant you the Spencerville win being a good win, but not the NWC > SVC if you’re comparing the quality of AE’s other three wins to Paint Valley’s wins. Not this year.
To give you a comparison Delphos Jefferson is winless and I would say that it would be a toss up game with unioto. Tanks would be favored but could easily lose that game. It isn’t even close as far as svc vs nwc.

jakebiz22
Waterboy

Post by jakebiz22 »

Rolltanks is right. Delphos Jefferson is a Div VI school with probably 30 kids on their team. Unioto would probably be favored, but it would likely be an even matchup with either team winning a close game. The NWC is a much stronger conference and they would be behind the MAC and WBL in this area for football. Crestview had an offensive lineman that started in the NFL not that long ago.
I grew up in this area and youth and high school sports are on a different level there than they are here. It was a culture shock when I saw how programs are run here compared to up there. To put in perspective Unioto’s basketball team would be middle of the pack to above average most years if they played in Northwest Ohio. They are the top program in the SVC.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

jakebiz22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:26 pm Rolltanks is right. Delphos Jefferson is a Div VI school with probably 30 kids on their team. Unioto would probably be favored, but it would likely be an even matchup with either team winning a close game. The NWC is a much stronger conference and they would be behind the MAC and WBL in this area for football. Crestview had an offensive lineman that started in the NFL not that long ago.
I grew up in this area and youth and high school sports are on a different level there than they are here. It was a culture shock when I saw how programs are run here compared to up there. To put in perspective Unioto’s basketball team would be middle of the pack to above average most years if they played in Northwest Ohio. They are the top program in the SVC.
In my day teams like Delphos Spencerville Columbus grove had 70-80 kids freshman didn’t even dress they had freshman games. Times have gotten harder even back home specially for the jeffcats but I still think svc football is a far cry from the nwc.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolltanks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm
jakebiz22 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:26 pm Rolltanks is right. Delphos Jefferson is a Div VI school with probably 30 kids on their team. Unioto would probably be favored, but it would likely be an even matchup with either team winning a close game. The NWC is a much stronger conference and they would be behind the MAC and WBL in this area for football. Crestview had an offensive lineman that started in the NFL not that long ago.
In my day teams like Delphos Spencerville Columbus grove had 70-80 kids freshman didn’t even dress they had freshman games. Times have gotten harder even back home specially for the jeffcats but I still think svc football is a far cry from the nwc.
Columbus Grove, Spencerville and Crestview are far away from where Ada, Bluffton and Paulding are this year. Ada didn’t even finish the six game season.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Bluffton and even Paulding would be more than fine in svc. As for ada I don’t know what’s happened there canceled because of low numbers. They have had some monster teams when fell was coaching there. Few had nfl guys. Idk if soccer has taken off or what but they need to get the kids back out

Return to “Football”