Ironton JV defeats Wheelersburg JV 20-8

XandOs
Varsity

Ironton JV defeats Wheelersburg JV 20-8

Post by XandOs »

Ironton JV stays undefeated after going to Ed Miller Stadium tonight and beating Wheelersburg. I remember a few posters on here a couple weeks ago that was trying to insinuate that Ironton was dodging Wheelersburg In JV. Ironton manhandled them tonight physically. Ironton also has about 7 Jv players out this year with season ending injuries. Go Tigers!

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton JV defeats Wheelersburg JV 20-8

Post by The Regulator »

This a great example of the weight program Pendleton has implemented. It's only going to get better

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

ROCK on!

#GoTgo

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 pm Ironton JV stays undefeated after going to Ed Miller Stadium tonight and beating Wheelersburg. I remember a few posters on here a couple weeks ago that was trying to insinuate that Ironton was dodging Wheelersburg In JV. Ironton manhandled them tonight physically. Ironton also has about 7 Jv players out this year with season ending injuries. Go Tigers!
This is not an accurate account of the game at all. Because of the rain and wind, neither team did anything. Ironton scored 8 points off of two bad snaps from burg center to QB. One was scooped up for a touchdown from two yards out and the other went in the back of the end zone for a safety. Burg lost another snap in the first half deep in their own territory but ironton couldn’t capitalize and one late that ironton did capitalize on to make their score 20. Ironton fumbled a punt that led to burgs score. There was one long run for any team from ironton back. Ran it down to the 5. That was the only big play of the night. Other than that, neither team did anything. It was awful to watch in and I’m sure play in. Burgs skilled kids were all freshman along with a couple of their linemen.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 am
XandOs wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 pm Ironton JV stays undefeated after going to Ed Miller Stadium tonight and beating Wheelersburg. I remember a few posters on here a couple weeks ago that was trying to insinuate that Ironton was dodging Wheelersburg In JV. Ironton manhandled them tonight physically. Ironton also has about 7 Jv players out this year with season ending injuries. Go Tigers!
This is not an accurate account of the game at all. Because of the rain and wind, neither team did anything. Ironton scored 8 points off of two bad snaps from burg center to QB. One was scooped up for a touchdown from two yards out and the other went in the back of the end zone for a safety. Burg lost another snap in the first half deep in their own territory but ironton couldn’t capitalize and one late that ironton did capitalize on to make their score 20. Ironton fumbled a punt that led to burgs score. There was one long run for any team from ironton back. Ran it down to the 5. That was the only big play of the night. Other than that, neither team did anything. It was awful to watch in and I’m sure play in. Burgs skilled kids were all freshman along with a couple of their linemen.

Woby,

You forgot to mention that Wheelersburg’s score came from a botched snap that got them to Irontons 1 yard line. You also forgot to mention Wheelersburg had less than 100 total yards for the game. Ironton had the best athletes on the field. Ironton QB #19 freshman is going to be a stud. Ironton threw the ball probably more than Wheelersburg did this game and had guys wide open but the conditions were bad. Like I said, Ironton has had a bunch of season ending surgeries to their young guys that would play JV. Some of those guys would be the better players on the team. The Fighting Tigers March on!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 am

Woby,

You forgot to mention that Wheelersburg’s score came from a botched snap that got them to Irontons 1 yard line. You also forgot to mention Wheelersburg had less than 100 total yards for the game. Ironton had the best athletes on the field. Ironton QB #19 freshman is going to be a stud. Ironton threw the ball probably more than Wheelersburg did this game and had guys wide open but the conditions were bad. Like I said, Ironton has had a bunch of season ending surgeries to their young guys that would play JV. Some of those guys would be the better players on the team. The Fighting Tigers March on!!!

You told him!!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:11 am

Woby,

No I mentioned it. You just need to re read. Ironton QB played a good game but outside of the one big run for ironton, no one did anything. There’s no other narrative that can be pushed here. There was one score from one drive. The long run set ironton up at the 6 or 7 yard line. The final score would probably have been 6-0 ironton if there were no fumbles or bad snaps. This was not a dominated game at all.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Wasn’t you the guy that was insinuating a couple weeks ago that Ironton was canceling on Burg JV to avoid playing them?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I mean no matter what happened during the game to make the score what it was the f a.c t is ironton won thats honestly all that matters. If burg won that would be all that matters also

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Heck no. Burgs jv is pretty good but they aren’t that good. I do know that burgs jv have a lot of freshman skilled playing for them and a few linemen. Maybe the center? I’m not 100% sure. From what I could tell burg was playing all sophomores and freshman. There may have been one Or two juniors playing. Burg has 6 or 7 sophomores that play varsity. I know ironton has a couple of sophomores that play up too.

I’m not by all means negating the win, ironton won the contest but it was by no means dominated.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 am I mean no matter what happened during the game to make the score what it was the f a.c t is ironton won thats honestly all that matters. If burg won that would be all that matters also
It was terrible weather. Neither team could do much.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You can't take anything from JV scores anymore because around here, with these small schools, if you're a good player as a Sophomore, you are more than likely playing varsity.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:04 am You can't take anything from JV scores anymore because around here, with these small schools, if you're a good player as a Sophomore, you are more than likely playing varsity.
True true i know ironton has a lot of 10th graders playing meaningful minutes on varsity

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 am I mean no matter what happened during the game to make the score what it was the f a.c t is ironton won thats honestly all that matters. If burg won that would be all that matters also
I think the way burg had their run when coach vass was here makes some ironton fans want to beat burg in everything no natter what lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:18 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:02 am
I think the way burg had their run when coach vass was here makes some ironton fans want to beat burg in everything no natter what lol
This would have been bad for any varsity team game. The rain was cold and windy. It was rough.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

The Regulator wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:36 am This a great example of the weight program Pendleton has implemented. It's only going to get better
Add that to great recruiting program...and darn!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm
The Regulator wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:36 am This a great example of the weight program Pendleton has implemented. It's only going to get better
Best recruiting program i can remember lol

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:19 pm
BigChuck wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:15 pm
Best recruiting program i can remember lol
It's a dog eat dog world :lol:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Well said, I was not impressed with either team last night! both teams defense looked okay and other than the one busted run for Ironton there was no offense for either team because of the nasty weather. Only thing I do know that is coach Pendleton complains every other play to the Ref's....

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Should be some dandy games the next few years, looks like both Teams have a few Sophomores Playing up and starting on the Varsity Team.

Return to “Football”