2020 Symmes Valley 8 - 10 Northwest

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Northwest 4-1 (4-0) vs. Symmes Valley 4-1 (3-1) SOCI Championship

Post by greygoose »

3sUp wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:10 pm
25p7692 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 pm Inadvertent whistle, possibly one of the worst calls I have ever seen. In a game like that the last thing you want is for the officials to decide the game! Looks like that is what happened. Symmes Valley should least get a kiss!
That’s not even fair man. Inadvertent whistle after the ball had already been blocked shouldn’t change the fact that it was already blocked.
Nope, Inadvertent whistle kills the play and the play is redone. I've watched kids make a play fake and the officials are so faked out they blow the whistle meanwhile the guy with the ball is standing in the end zone. Still doesn't count and it sucks

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 pm
25p7692 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 pm Inadvertent whistle, possibly one of the worst calls I have ever seen. In a game like that the last thing you want is for the officials to decide the game! Looks like that is what happened. Symmes Valley should least get a kiss!
That’s not even fair man. Inadvertent whistle after the ball had already been blocked shouldn’t change the fact that it was already blocked.
Nope, Inadvertent whistle kills the play and the play is redone. I've watched kids make a play fake and the officials are so faked out they blow the whistle meanwhile the guy with the ball is standing in the end zone. Still doesn't count and it sucks
I know it’s the rule. Just think it’s kinda unfair.

Chris05
Waterboy

Post by Chris05 »

Man I feel for those Symmes Valley boys. To lose a game and a piece of the SOC because of an officials error. I couldn't imagine.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

3sUp wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:22 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:12 pm

I know it’s the rule. Just think it’s kinda unfair.
Always is when you're on that end of it. Opposite can be said what if he makes it, inadvertent whistle then the kick is blocked. Just didn't work out that way tonight and I do hate it for players because it's a tough pill to swallow knowing that whistle probably didn't change the fact the kick was blocked. Then again I don't know how early the whistle was.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

I may be wrong. But i was told that in the playoffs. Northwest will be playing non- D7 teams!!! I don't think that's fair. If a D5 team goes 5-0 V D7. Then by God they should continue to play those teams in the playoffs.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:30 pm I may be wrong. But i was told that in the playoffs. Northwest will be playing non- D7 teams!!! I don't think that's fair. If a D5 team goes 5-0 V D7. Then by God they should continue to play those teams in the playoffs.
You’re kidding, right?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:34 pm
PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:30 pm I may be wrong. But i was told that in the playoffs. Northwest will be playing non- D7 teams!!! I don't think that's fair. If a D5 team goes 5-0 V D7. Then by God they should continue to play those teams in the playoffs.
You’re kidding, right?
Yeah he's been crying about Northwest's schedule like they can control what league they're in.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:36 pm
You’re kidding, right?
Yeah he's been crying about Northwest's schedule like they can control what league they're in.
I think what he said about if you play D-VII schools as a D-V you should keep playing D-VII schools in playoffs lol.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

You’re kidding, right?
Dude stop. They absolutely have the ability to control that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PistolPete7 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:48 pm

You’re kidding, right?
Dude stop. They absolutely have the ability to control that.
Yeah eventually they have the ability to control that, but no they can't just up and say we're playing here this year. That's not how it works, unless they want to go independent. They barely beat Symmes and ND they've played 1 really good game this year against Eastern, they got handled by Valley who is at the bottom of SOCII play, so think whatever you want it's pretty obvious while this team should be taking huge strides forward they're not.

football professor
Waterboy

Re: 2020 Symmes Valley 8 - 10 Northwest

Post by football professor »

People need to watch the live stream it has audio there was no inadvertent whistle i have watched many times before commenting on it . point is Symmes valley blocked the kick held them on downs official signaled first down Symmes valley they are lining up in victory formation. There was alot of intervention after the play from NW sideline don't know who the fella was but he had influence on the official . The bad thing is the officials punished the kids from Symmes Valley and Eastern for taking banners off their walls for not having the courage to stick with the right call . Don't take my word for watch the stream its pretty clear. Also see if you can find the block in the back on the SV kick off return for a TD.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Symmes Valley is not Division VII, they are Division VI.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

I had a front row seat on this one a man who I think is their athletic director came running up to the side judge and said there was a inadvertent whistle and that the play is dead a they had to replay the down. The side judge then ran out to the other officials and then they said there was a inadvertent whistle.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Hate to hear something like this. Congrats NW & good luck to both going in to post season play.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 pm I had a front row seat on this one a man who I think is their athletic director came running up to the side judge and said there was a inadvertent whistle and that the play is dead a they had to replay the down. The side judge then ran out to the other officials and then they said there was a inadvertent whistle.
Sorry but your wrong. As soon as the field goal was blocked they blew the whistle. On a field goal if it is blocked it is a live ball. On a blocked extra point it is a dead ball.
I also have a very good video of the play. You can clearly hear the whistles, not just a whistle blow as soon as the kick was blocked. You can also hear people hollering its a live ball.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:20 pm
s.v.vikinglinex2 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:51 pm I had a front row seat on this one a man who I think is their athletic director came running up to the side judge and said there was a inadvertent whistle and that the play is dead a they had to replay the down. The side judge then ran out to the other officials and then they said there was a inadvertent whistle.
Sorry but your wrong. As soon as the field goal was blocked they blew the whistle. On a field goal if it is blocked it is a live ball. On a blocked extra point it is a dead ball.
I also have a very good video of the play. You can clearly hear the whistles, not just a whistle blow as soon as the kick was blocked. You can also hear people hollering its a live ball.
Sorry! Replied to the wrong comment. My reply was supposed to be to the football professor's comment.

football professor
Waterboy

Post by football professor »

i hope its reviewed or under protest to ohssa officials decided the outcome of the game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

football professor wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:45 pm i hope its reviewed or under protest to ohssa officials decided the outcome of the game
It won't be reviewed and it won't be protested, if there's obvious video that the ball was still live and whistles were blown then it's the correct call. It sucks but it happens and that's just how it is.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

football professor wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:21 am People need to watch the live stream it has audio there was no inadvertent whistle i have watched many times before commenting on it . point is Symmes valley blocked the kick held them on downs official signaled first down Symmes valley they are lining up in victory formation. There was alot of intervention after the play from NW sideline don't know who the fella was but he had influence on the official . The bad thing is the officials punished the kids from Symmes Valley and Eastern for taking banners off their walls for not having the courage to stick with the right call . Don't take my word for watch the stream its pretty clear. Also see if you can find the block in the back on the SV kick off return for a TD.
Nah you're incorrect the officials didn't punish anyone from other schools, Eastern had their chance to win it all against NW and blew it. The officials will get together though and discuss things that happens they even keep rule books on them so they can look up things.

Cheerdad2020
Waterboy

Post by Cheerdad2020 »

FYI Northwest did nothing wrong, they played a great game and won the chip. Just sucks this had to happen and they won like that.

Return to “Football”