2020 Valley 15 - 14 Minford

joeshmo
Waterboy

Re: 2020 Valley 15 - 14 Minford

Post by joeshmo »

vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 pm Coldwater and the rest of Mercer Co., also do not have pee-wee or Pop Warner Football. Jr. High is when they start playing football.
Agree with that as well, They also don’t have soccer so football benefits greatly. Minford has some really good soccer kids that would help the football team but kids choose not to play.

Minford has a really talented jr high team that I believe is undefeated this year.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

joeshmo wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:57 pm
vladimir wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:59 pm Coldwater and the rest of Mercer Co., also do not have pee-wee or Pop Warner Football. Jr. High is when they start playing football.
Agree with that as well, They also don’t have soccer so football benefits greatly. Minford has some really good soccer kids that would help the football team but kids choose not to play.

Minford has a really talented jr high team that I believe is undefeated this year.
Yes they do. But they are only fielding one team so they could load up one team and win. Waverly and Valley are fielding one team as well. Not good for the future

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Most area junior high teams are combined except for Burg, West, and Ironton from what I’ve seen. Some of the combined teams have barely enough to split, so they doing 2 quarter games for each grade, or a 4 quarter combined game. Might just be a sign of the times with football becoming too dangerous in a lot of parents’ eyes.*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:18 am Most area junior high teams are combined except for Burg, West, and Ironton from what I’ve seen. Some of the combined teams have barely enough to split, so they doing 2 quarter games for each grade, or a 4 quarter combined game. Might just be a sign of the times with football becoming too dangerous in a lot of parents’ eyes.*
Ironton has some 7th grade playing up. Numbers aren’t that great at ironton either. West and burg seem to have the most to have two true 7th and 8th. I think it’s more to do with Covid. I was told burgs pee wee numbers are down a little.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

So was this Sr. Class, I know b/c I helped coach them.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

vladimir wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:50 pm

So was this Sr. Class, I know b/c I helped coach them.
Exactly what I was thinking, this senior class I thought was undefeated in JR High as well. That's why when ppl put so much stock into a JR high or JV team it's sort of laughable.

Return to “Football”