Playoff tickets

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Playoff tickets

Post by 4thgoal »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:30 pm
longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:21 am

I would assume that tickets will be available to parents first and would be split evenly between schools. At most facilities that would mean no tickets for the public.
15% at Nelsonville-York is around 400 people. I doubt that in 2 weeks when the Buckeyes play their will be any tickets left for the public.
so there are 400 parents? i doubt that so where do the other tickets go?
Be pretty close when you throw in band and cheer and split families
2 teams of 50 kids, 2 sets of cheerleaders at 20 ea, a home band of 50....that is 190 kids, so with 400 available tickets, that is barely over 2 each.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:30 pm

Be pretty close when you throw in band and cheer and split families
2 teams of 50 kids, 2 sets of cheerleaders at 20 ea, a home band of 50....that is 190 kids, so with 400 available tickets, that is barely over 2 each.
Exactly

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am so the public can purchase tickets if available? Would like to see some seniors to be able to go..
I would assume that tickets will be available to parents first and would be split evenly between schools. At most facilities that would mean no tickets for the public.
15% at Nelsonville-York is around 400 people. I doubt that in 2 weeks when the Buckeyes play their will be any tickets left for the public.
Really?? You obviously have no idea how it's working right now. As they stated above when you factor in band, cheerleaders and players you're around 2 tickets per kid. Some places are larger and giving kids 4 tickets of their grandparent or siblings don't go or they simply don't have them they might be giving tickets to their friends, what about the smaller stadiums where the away team gets 60 tickets?? Do I think more students should get in, sure but not at the expense of parents, grandparents or siblings not bring able to get into the game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I personally think schools should try and bring in as much added seating as possible, bleachers in each of the corner areas of the end zone if there's room, track area. Something like that is on the schools though

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I haven't seen a high school game in person this year...it sucks, but no solution (re ticket distribution) gonna satisfy everyone. Again, I'm just glad for the kids and their parents that they are playing.

As for the ticket prices, OHSAA is on verge of going broke. While $12.00/ticket seems excessive, demand v. supply probably justifies it. When things get back to normal, a lot of people (myself included) may think twice about paying that for early-round playoff games. If attendance suffers, then OHSAA will have to revisit ticket prices at that time*

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:40 pm

Really?? You obviously have no idea how it's working right now. As they stated above when you factor in band, cheerleaders and players you're around 2 tickets per kid. Some places are larger and giving kids 4 tickets of their grandparent or siblings don't go or they simply don't have them they might be giving tickets to their friends, what about the smaller stadiums where the away team gets 60 tickets?? Do I think more students should get in, sure but not at the expense of parents, grandparents or siblings not bring able to get into the game.

I know exactly how it’s working. I also know there’s a large number of students going to games and aren’t “allowed” to say how they got tickets. I’m just saying instead of being shady about it, schools should try to be fair...

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I feel like tickets will be a mess. The athletic director and coaches has a code to give to players for parents. So that same code will be used by parents. But we all know realistically the parents will buy 2 then log back in and buy more for family. I’ve been lucky to get a Portsmouth ticket each game but I feel like that won’t happen Saturday. Best solution would be athletic director or coach ask the kids if they want 2 pay the money and athletic director keeps the code and buys them. Well that might not work since it’s a electronic ticket.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

smurray wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:54 pm How about increasing the seating from the ridiculous 15% capacity to at least 25% and keep the ticket prices where they were last year. They jack the prices up to make up for the low number of fans attending.
MANDATE masks be worn (If they don’t wear them make them leave) and 6’ social distancing and you can easily do 25%-35% seating capacity, possibly up to 50%.
That is the govenors call not the ohsaa

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

Band and cheerleaders are not counted in the 15 percent.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Greenwave38 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm Band and cheerleaders are not counted in the 15 percent.
Correct, but they also get tickets to allow their parents to watch them cheer or perform.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

ARE $12.00 a piece!! That's Insane for a first round playoff game!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:51 pm ARE $12.00 a piece!! That's Insane for a first round playoff game!!
I wouldn't even constitute most of them as 1st rd games. They should just call them play-in games with the winner advancing to the playoffs. There will be more blowouts this week than ever before with the opt-in scenario even with the top teams having byes and not playing....... and you are correct, they want $12 a pop for this "crap" load of games around the state this week......and some have already been cancelled (Sciotoville, Notre Dame, Newcomerstown) with probably more to follow this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:12 am
Greenwave38 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:49 pm Band and cheerleaders are not counted in the 15 percent.
Correct, but they also get tickets to allow their parents to watch them cheer or perform.
Of course why would you think i said anything else.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Article in Huntington paper this morning about football playoffs. 12$ a ticket plus handling charge, has anyone bought a ticket yet and able to confirm price. Said the regional final and beyond will be played at neutral sites, is this true? D-1 final will be Nov 13 and the rest will be announced later.. Article stated championship games cannot be played back to back at the same site, does this mean that every game will be played at a different site?..

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

superblue wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 am Article in Huntington paper this morning about football playoffs. 12$ a ticket plus handling charge, has anyone bought a ticket yet and able to confirm price. Said the regional final and beyond will be played at neutral sites, is this true? D-1 final will be Nov 13 and the rest will be announced later.. Article stated championship games cannot be played back to back at the same site, does this mean that every game will be played at a different site?..
All home games for highest seed until final 4

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Been doing a little reading about ohio playoffs, the articles I have read and the state brackets say the regional final will be played at a neutral site....

ArntonFartinTiger
Riding the Bench

Post by ArntonFartinTiger »

12 bucks for ticket! to hell with that I gots beer to buy!

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

Wonder if anyone considered playing all playoff games at college stadiums? OS, OU, Akron, Cincinnati, BG, Miami, Toledo......
That would Allow everyone to go

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:44 pm I personally think schools should try and bring in as much added seating as possible, bleachers in each of the corner areas of the end zone if there's room, track area. Something like that is on the schools though
The schools are already on the hook for more $$$ than ever, if you bring them in you have to pay staff to move them, or to rent them, or both...

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone that has a game this weekend like to share now their school is doing the tickets? I know I’ve seen people say the schools get a code and they can give it to the parents so they can go online and buy tickets, or something to that nature. Just curious how the process has been?

Return to “Football”