RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

WC didn’t play anyone. I’ll take Valley.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:17 pm WC didn’t play anyone. I’ll take Valley.
Valley didn't beat anyone any in most cases they were totally out of the ball game. WC did lose to a good Berne Union team but they were up a couple scores and that game came down to the end. I think WC has to many athletes for Valley to contend with, looking at some highlights they have a nice RB and a strong arm Qb who is pretty accurate. WC takes this one by 2 scores.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:32 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:17 pm WC didn’t play anyone. I’ll take Valley.
Valley didn't beat anyone any in most cases they were totally out of the ball game. WC did lose to a good Berne Union team but they were up a couple scores and that game came down to the end. I think WC has to many athletes for Valley to contend with, looking at some highlights they have a nice RB and a strong arm Qb who is pretty accurate. WC takes this one by 2 scores.
Easy to look like a beast vs that terrible league.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I would semi-disagree. Valley beat NW who is now 6-1 soundly, they beat Minford in a game they were supposed to have a chance in, and they were in the game against Oak Hill as it was tied Or a 6 pt game late in the 3rd or early in the 4th. The West game was the same way...

Only games they were “totally out of” was of course Burg and Waverly.

I think Valley will go up and play hard and be there at the end with a chance to win the ballgame.

Good Luck Indians!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Valley is going to win folks.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Valley and Loudonville were the scariest teams seeds 3-15 didn’t want to play.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:19 pm
Easy to look like a beast vs that terrible league.
Never said anything about looking like a beast they have enough that could give Valley some problems. Hoping for a valley win but still taking WC by 2 scores

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Eastern, what did WC do to hurt you so badly?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:00 pm Valley and Loudonville were the scariest teams seeds 3-15 didn’t want to play.
OOOOK

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:11 pm Eastern, what did WC do to hurt you so badly?
Their coach seeded Fort Frye #5.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:14 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:11 pm Eastern, what did WC do to hurt you so badly?
Their coach seeded Fort Frye #5.
Actually he seeded us 7 and Rock Hill 6. Also he put Shenandoah 1 overall and gifted them a bye. WC isn’t very good.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:13 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:00 pm Valley and Loudonville were the scariest teams seeds 3-15 didn’t want to play.
OOOOK
Have you seen Loudonville? Go look up William Dixon.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm
OOOOK
Looks like a nice player, but Loudonville has beaten an 0-7 team and now a 2-5 team in the playoffs. Time to play some competition come Centerburg

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:09 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm

OOOOK
Looks like a nice player, but Loudonville has beaten an 0-7 team and now a 2-5 team in the playoffs. Time to play some competition come Centerburg

Northmor plays in Centerburg they are no slouch. The KMAC is the real deal. Loudonville played one of the toughest schedules in the region all bigger schools.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

neutral field
[2020] Valley (Lucasville, OH) 27, [2020] Worthington Christian (Worthington, OH) 24

This is at Worthing... Home field is usually worth 3 points... Should be close

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

As someone whose seen the duration and progress of Worthington Christian’s football program, I don’t really see them winning this game although on paper it would possibly be a tossup.

Valley is undoubtedly going to be the most physical team WC has faced, whereas by comparison WC might be the fifth-or-sixth most physical team Valley has faced. This is a direct byproduct of Valley playing larger schools who have better programs and really good teams, and WC willfully playing considerably smaller schools with no depth. Skill-wise, WC does have some pretty good pieces as I’m sure Valley also has. WC starts a freshman QB who will be really good by the time he’s a junior.

Whether WC wins this game or not, Jeff Hartings and the powers-that-be are really going to need to look really hard at their conference situation moving forward. It is the opinion of many in Central Ohio that Worthington Christian, in D6, has an avenue that can propel them into being a power reaching the same heights that their vaunted soccer program has established in these next 3-6 years. It’s the foremost non-Catholic parochial in Columbus, nestled in a sweet spot geographically that could attract kids out of districts such as Westerville and Olentangy. Their coach is very good. But choosing to play in the MSL-Cardinal and not the Ohio makes them a “big fish in a small pond” - if they played in the Ohio they would have much tougher competition while also having some marketability for their football program (there’s a difference between playing Bexley, Cols. Academy, and Whitehall versus FCA, GCC and Miller.) Right now in the Cardinal there’s only two good programs (BU and FC) and with their low numbers WC hits them more often in those two’s waning periods than they do the good squads either puts out. And really those two programs are beneath what WC really needs to be challenging themselves with if the school is serious about their football program being a contender in playoffs.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I wish it would be possible to get tickets to the game

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:52 am As someone whose seen the duration and progress of Worthington Christian’s football program, I don’t really see them winning this game although on paper it would possibly be a tossup.

Valley is undoubtedly going to be the most physical team WC has faced, whereas by comparison WC might be the fifth-or-sixth most physical team Valley has faced. This is a direct byproduct of Valley playing larger schools who have better programs and really good teams, and WC willfully playing considerably smaller schools with no depth. Skill-wise, WC does have some pretty good pieces as I’m sure Valley also has. WC starts a freshman QB who will be really good by the time he’s a junior.

Whether WC wins this game or not, Jeff Hartings and the powers-that-be are really going to need to look really hard at their conference situation moving forward. It is the opinion of many in Central Ohio that Worthington Christian, in D6, has an avenue that can propel them into being a power reaching the same heights that their vaunted soccer program has established in these next 3-6 years. It’s the foremost non-Catholic parochial in Columbus, nestled in a sweet spot geographically that could attract kids out of districts such as Westerville and Olentangy. Their coach is very good. But choosing to play in the MSL-Cardinal and not the Ohio makes them a “big fish in a small pond” - if they played in the Ohio they would have much tougher competition while also having some marketability for their football program (there’s a difference between playing Bexley, Cols. Academy, and Whitehall versus FCA, GCC and Miller.) Right now in the Cardinal there’s only two good programs (BU and FC) and with their low numbers WC hits them more often in those two’s waning periods than they do the good squads either puts out. And really those two programs are beneath what WC really needs to be challenging themselves with if the school is serious about their football program being a contender in playoffs.
Very good and informative post. Thank you.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley beat 6-1 and still playing Northwest very handily despite fumbling 5 times.

They have beaten Minford and now won a playoff game.

Nothing to really thump your chest about, but still not terrible. They had chances against Oak Hill and West but turnovers and missed tackles did them in. Both of those teams won playoff games convincingly.

Valley has been "totally out of the ball game" twice. Once to Waverly (6-0 SOC Champs and the #8 team in D4 in the state) and once to Wheelersburg (5-1 and the #8 team in D5 in the state). Valley is 3-4 but they are 1-0 against DVI competition now. Valley is D7 based on enrollment but a 10 CB number has them in D6. Valley is the 13th smallest school in D6 including CB. I think they are competing just fine other than against the biggest boys in Waverly and Wheelersburg.

On Saturday against Northridge, Valley started a freshman, 8 sophomores, 5 juniors, and 8 seniors in the starting 22. They had 296 yards of offense. Each and every yard was gained by a freshman or sophomore.

Valley is gaining confidence. If they come out and play loose, the season can continue to week 9.

Message Board Hero
Waterboy

Post by Message Board Hero »

The last two weeks have been great to watch as a Valley fan. Kids are starting to mature and play with confidence and they are not compounding their mistakes. As Crab's Brother said, all the yards were compiled by freshmen and sophomores while being complimented by juniors and seniors up front. I feel like this is going to be a very good game and it's a shame so many people will not be able to attend in person. I agree that Valley's schedule has prepared them for this and I believe they have the opportunity to be the more physical team. The way the Valley kids finished runs on Saturday night was very impressive. I'm going Valley 21-WC 17 in this one.

Return to “Football”