RD 2: John Glenn (4-3) @ Warren (6-1)

beg003
All Conference

Re: RD 2: John Glenn (4-3) @ Warren (6-1)

Post by beg003 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:57 am
beg003 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:34 am
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:26 pm John Glenn is also starting a freshman Qb in Noah Winland who will be making his 3rd career start.
This isn’t good for JG. I’m sure he’s good, but he’d better pack his lunch bucket because he’s going to get hit.
He probably gets hit all the time in the rugged MVL.
Also a very fair statement. He didn’t have to play Sheridan, but did see TV.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

I think if the Warriors win this one they will make a deep run in the playoffs. I personally think JG is better than St. Clairsville.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

Warren wins this one with the momentum they have.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

My score prediction: Warren-35 JG-28

Warrior91
Waterboy

Post by Warrior91 »

Is there anyone who is not a relative of either team, maybe who has seen both teams, and who can give me their honest opinion about who has a better chance of winning this game. Also what are you basing your thoughts on.
I do believe John Glenn looks pretty fast on both sides of the ball. I pretty sure they also have a freshman Qb staring. Sometimes that only matters when a defense puts him in a position where he has to make a quick decision.
From what I’ve seen of him he’s pretty good.

I also agree that Warren’s toughest game has been Fort Frye. In all reality Warren had a good chance of beating them.
The plus side of it is Warren beat those other teams bad . So that should say something too!!!
Just wondering

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

I have no horse in the race, but do know both teams. Warren will keep the game close early but JG will pull it out in the second half. They seem to have a better team. I do agree that they do have a much stronger schedule of opponents than Warren. MVL is a very tough league. IMO John Glenn 28 Warren 17.

Jokerswild
Riding the Bench

Post by Jokerswild »

Saw them when they played philo. They run the ball well with the running back off tackle. Their coach usually has them playing their best ball at this time of the year. They did have a junior quarterback when they played us and he was able to hit some passes to keep the ground game open. Not sure what happened to him.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I'll have to go with John Glenn in a close one.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Good to see warren back

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
efarns
S

Post by efarns »

It's an interesting game, for sure. Has John Glenn played a spread team this year?

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

Everyone minus Maysville has spread the field at some point against JG.

Warrior91
Waterboy

Post by Warrior91 »

rockcoach wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:42 am I have no horse in the race, but do know both teams. Warren will keep the game close early but JG will pull it out in the second half. They seem to have a better team. I do agree that they do have a much stronger schedule of opponents than Warren. MVL is a very tough league. IMO John Glenn 28 Warren 17.
Just wondering, what makes John Glenn the better team? It can’t be the athletes. Warren has quite a few of them too. I know I asked for opinions, but with opinions it would be nice to have facts.
Don’t take this the wrong way, I was just wondering if there was something that I was missing.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Warrior91 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 pm
rockcoach wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:42 am I have no horse in the race, but do know both teams. Warren will keep the game close early but JG will pull it out in the second half. They seem to have a better team. I do agree that they do have a much stronger schedule of opponents than Warren. MVL is a very tough league. IMO John Glenn 28 Warren 17.
Just wondering, what makes John Glenn the better team? It can’t be the athletes. Warren has quite a few of them too. I know I asked for opinions, but with opinions it would be nice to have facts.
Don’t take this the wrong way, I was just wondering if there was something that I was missing.
JG plays in an excellent football league, is well coached and has a lot of recent success. This is their weakest team in probably 5 years but they’re still battle tested. Athletically Warren won’t compare to Sheridan, TV and likely not Meadowbrook or Philo. Warren seems to throw it well which is likely where their advantage lies, if it’s a physical, grind it out game I’d say JG wins. I’ve watched a lot of streamed football games and have seen most of these teams. I expect it to be a good one.

Warrior91
Waterboy

Post by Warrior91 »

redskinwitness wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:01 am
Warrior91 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:27 pm
JG plays in an excellent football league, is well coached and has a lot of recent success. This is their weakest team in probably 5 years but they’re still battle tested. Athletically Warren won’t compare to Sheridan, TV and likely not Meadowbrook or Philo. Warren seems to throw it well which is likely where their advantage lies, if it’s a physical, grind it out game I’d say JG wins. I’ve watched a lot of streamed football games and have seen most of these teams. I expect it to be a good one.
I expect it to be a good game too. Thanks for your thoughts.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

To anyone who has seen Warren play over the years, how would you rank this team against other good teams we’ve had? I would think this has to be one of the better teams we’ve ever had. Curious to hear other opinions, though.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:26 pm Who you like.
Who you like?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

sfForL wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:39 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:26 pm Who you like.
Who you like?
Warren by 14

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I'm still taking John Glenn by 14 :)

Warrior91
Waterboy

Post by Warrior91 »

beg003 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:45 pm To anyone who has seen Warren play over the years, how would you rank this team against other good teams we’ve had? I would think this has to be one of the better teams we’ve ever had. Curious to hear other opinions, though.
[/quote
Defense has really impressed me this year so far.
I’ve watched a lot of Warren football over the past 25 or so years and I’d say this is for sure one of the best.
I remember past teams had one or two players that really stood out. This team has ALOT of good players that stand out. Again if Warren can stop John Glenn’s run game and have one of their own Warren will win this one.

Warrior91
Waterboy

Post by Warrior91 »

My heart says a Warren my gut says John Glenn. Hopefully they can prove me wrong.
I’ve been following Warren for many years and it’s been a very good last couple of years. These kids deserve a huge Thank You from all the Warren faithful.
Win or lose Its been fun watching these kids play.

My prediction John Glenn 28. Warren 7

Sorry Warriors.

Hopefully , when Warren wins , you can come back later tonight or tomorrow and say I told you so!!!!
That would be Awesome.

Return to “Football”