2020 TVC Champs ?

Tanksdad
Waterboy

2020 TVC Champs ?

Post by Tanksdad »

I hear Athens High School Football Team has turned in their equipment, so I guess the coaching staff does not feel that they should take advantage of this time to attempt to improve the team by scheduling any games with 3 weeks left to get in some good reps for next year. Also, they must not want to reschedule the Wellston game after waiting until Friday to inform Wellston of a positive COVID test on Wednesday of that week. Personally I feel Wellston deserves the outright 2020 TVC Championship because of this. What are your thoughts. Keep in mind the decision to not play Athens when scheduled was not made by anyone involved with the football program but Administration.

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Re: 2020 TVC Champs ?

Post by Thatdad »

Don’t matter what we think. By laws say you don’t play, them all, no championship. The end. I’m a neural party but, if you want the true Championship, play the Tomcats when they get beat out of the playoffs.

Tanksdad
Waterboy

Post by Tanksdad »

Tomcats are in TVC Hocking, not Wellston’s division. Wellston is willing to play it, how about Athens ?

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston defeated Nelsonville York and VC which both defeated Athens. Wellston deserves to be champion. The minimum is that Wellston shares championship with NY. Does that seem right?
I am afraid that this issue could cause long term tension in the league. It seems there is resentment that the champion is outside Athens County.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Wellston’s school board member threatens Athens after Nelsonville TV Cable was doing the game. Wellston waits until Athens takes the field to cancel the game. Wellston’s administration caused them to not win the TVC. Also didn’t help that Wellston called Gallia before Athens

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

School Board member was wrong, absolutely. It was tough call for the administration, that I would not want to make. COVID sucks. I understand your view point. The rules are the rules. If the league decide that it is co/championship, I hope is handled in a way that there are no long term hard feelings because I think we have a good league.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

As far as we are concerned Wellston would beet Athens easily anyways so they have earnedd it. they are tvc champs.
GRFan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm Wellston defeated Nelsonville York and VC which both defeated Athens. Wellston deserves to be champion. The minimum is that Wellston shares championship with NY. Does that seem right?
I am afraid that this issue could cause long term tension in the league. It seems there is resentment that the champion is outside Athens County.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Wellston, no doubt this year in my mind. (Give'em the Trophy)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:06 pm Wellston’s school board member threatens Athens after Nelsonville TV Cable was doing the game. Wellston waits until Athens takes the field to cancel the game. Wellston’s administration caused them to not win the TVC. Also didn’t help that Wellston called Gallia before Athens
Really? you going to talk smack when Wellston would probably hang 60 on your puppies. And I am just curious if you can actually document all these claims that Wellston called Gallia before Athens? And you act like people are afraid to play you guys. Call Warren if you need a game, we would be happy to grab a little bit of you. Why is Athens not playing?

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Situation sucks either way you look at it. Like someone said above, I’m a neutral party (obviously a Tomcat fan) Wellston definitely deserves it because we could all assume they would handle Athens and make the outcome whatever they want. With that being said, in my opinion, NY deserves a share just because Athens didn’t get to play Wellston and the Buckeyes man handled Athens. I say that because of COVID, it is what it is, but in all fairness we don’t know the for sure outcome of a Athens VS Wellston. Since the Dogs packed it up for the season, schedule the Buckeyes and Wellston again after the playoffs in a winner takes all match!! I would like to see a round two of that matchup.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 pm As far as we are concerned Wellston would beet Athens easily anyways so they have earnedd it. they are tvc champs.
GRFan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm Wellston defeated Nelsonville York and VC which both defeated Athens. Wellston deserves to be champion. The minimum is that Wellston shares championship with NY. Does that seem right?

Will the league actually acknowledge this O&B ?? To where wellston could hang a banner and put a patch on their letterman jackets ????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If the conference is finished playing and two teams have the same record as far as conference play you have co-champs. Lets same NY and Wellston finish 5 and 1 in Conference play. NY fell to Wellston 50/49 and Wellston fell to Alexander 50 to 0 but NY beat Alexander 6 to 3 it is a co-championship.

How did each one finish?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Wellston is 4/0 and NY is 4/1

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Different circumstances and conference, but back in 1993, the Monroe County schools had a strike-interrupted season. Woodsfield went 4-0 (didn’t play Shenandoah/Waterford) and FortFrye went 4-1 (didn’t play Beallsville) in the PVC. Woodsfield beat Fort Frye, but they were declared co-champs.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 pm As far as we are concerned Wellston would beet Athens easily anyways so they have earnedd it. they are tvc champs.
I don't know honestly. They just had a league meeting but I don't know what was decided about it.

Will the league actually acknowledge this O&B ?? To where wellston could hang a banner and put a patch on their letterman jackets ????

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I didn't think you had to play every game to win the league

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 pm I didn't think you had to play every game to win the league
C'mon Raider, Just beat the man who beat the man who beat the man is good enough this year.
:D " WELLSTON GOLDEN ROCKETS " :D
TVC CHAMPS

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 pm C'mon Raider, Just beat the man who beat the man who beat the man is good enough this year.
TVC CHAMPS
They will be. It’s sad Dandy Don didn’t get to see them win it

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:19 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:08 pm C'mon Raider, Just beat the man who beat the man who beat the man is good enough this year.
TVC CHAMPS
They will be. It’s sad Dandy Don didn’t get to see them win it
What happened???

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:27 pm What happened???
He’s been MIA since basketball. Either the Rona got him or he’s still in jail for not paying the $3 to park at Jackson

Return to “Football”