RD 2: Waterford 6 @ River 7 Final

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Re: RD 2: Waterford 6 @ River 7 Final

Post by Green 50 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:57 pm I think it’s funny River was calling Fort Frye out lol.
I don’t think you will be getting that call anytime soon

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Green 50 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:57 pm I think it’s funny River was calling Fort Frye out lol.
They claim they’ve been trying to schedule Fort and Fort declined? When it’s actually the opposite. Fort Frye would love to play them.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 pm
They claim they’ve been trying to schedule Fort and Fort declined? When it’s actually the opposite. Fort Frye would love to play them.
As for this year, that wouldn’t even be a game. Lol. Running clock by half.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

No one claims that. What they did try to do was get Fort Frye in the new league they are starting and they have declined that which in turn would have them play a full conference schedule against the likes of River, Shadyside, Frontier etc

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

The game is on YouTube for any that would like to see this bs

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:27 am

No one claims that. What they did try to do was get Fort Frye in the new league they are starting and they have declined that which in turn would have them play a full conference schedule against the likes of River, Shadyside, Frontier etc
That's really interesting, considering River left The PVC, and Shadyside was invited to join.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Why would Fort Frye decline? I thought one of the reasons those teams left is because travel? Fort would love a league they would join in a heartbeat.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:11 am

Why would Fort Frye decline? I thought one of the reasons those teams left is because travel? Fort would love a league they would join in a heartbeat.
Right? Maybe there is some version of truth to that? But . . . Something is missing

northeast2019
Waterboy

Post by northeast2019 »

I found it interesting to say the least, Coach Flannery’s quote in the Marietta Times “we just weren’t gelling for some reason. I don’t know what it was.”

So thought I would help him out and define it for him. Waterford’s Defense! That was their (River) lowest scoring total all season. Pretty good defense considering most teams offensively should have developed a good chemistry by the end of the season.

My hats off to both teams. But most schools are probably happy not to see that (WATERFORD) defense for the rest of the playoffs.

Here’s some of the other teams that Waterford held some of their lowest scoring totals all season:

Fort Frye-22 points (lowest all season)
Eastern-10 points (second lowest)
Trimble-14 points (second lowest)
River-7 points (lowest all season)

And for those of you that are adults taking shots at players on here for the end of the game...shame on you. It’s easy to hide behind a computer screen and have your name concealed. Getting on coaches I understand, that is part of it, but leave the kids names and numbers off this forum especially when it’s negative.

Also a total lack of respect and professionalism on Rivers behalf or maybe Waterford’s AD, for announcing Waterford’s Head coach as Doug Baldwin.

I love my alma mater. 1993 grad. Go Wildcats! We are proud of you.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I said it all week Waterford had a heck of a defense.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Maybe the long travel for FF constantly I’m not entirely sure but I am one thousand percent positive they declined to join the league that was started last year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:57 pm

Maybe the long travel for FF constantly I’m not entirely sure but I am one thousand percent positive they declined to join the league that was started last year.

I’ve confirmed this is 1000 % false. Fort Frye would love to be in the MOVL.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

All I’m saying is I have first hand knowledge that they had an invitation. Having this play anyone anytime anywhere attitude is cool and all but in my humble opinion I don’t blame them for saying no or not wanting to be included. They don’t really have much to gain being forced to schedule 6 or more DVII teams. Even though the likes of River and Shadyside are in the upper tier of local D7s D7 points still count the same. So I don’t blame them.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm All I’m saying is I have first hand knowledge that they had an invitation. Having this play anyone anytime anywhere attitude is cool and all but in my humble opinion I don’t blame them for saying no or not wanting to be included. They don’t really have much to gain being forced to schedule 6 or more DVII teams. Even though the likes of River and Shadyside are in the upper tier of local D7s D7 points still count the same. So I don’t blame them.
Your story is not really consistent with any of the public facts. Why would Shadyside turn down a PVC invitation, then invite them to join the new conference?" Why would River leave The PVC, then want Fort Frye to join? Why would Frontier stop playing us in football, but want us to join their conference? I don't know where your info is coming from, but they have their wires crossed someplace.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 pm All I’m saying is I have first hand knowledge that they had an invitation. Having this play anyone anytime anywhere attitude is cool and all but in my humble opinion I don’t blame them for saying no or not wanting to be included. They don’t really have much to gain being forced to schedule 6 or more DVII teams. Even though the likes of River and Shadyside are in the upper tier of local D7s D7 points still count the same. So I don’t blame them.
I talked to the people at Fort Frye that would know and they said all of this was false. Frontier and Monroe do not want to play Fort Frye in football.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Probably because they finally found a football coach.
The school is very good in sports, but football was always 2nd fiddle to basketball, and baseball for that matter.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

carbon_dated wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:29 pm Probably because they finally found a football coach.
The school is very good in sports, but football was always 2nd fiddle to basketball, and baseball for that matter.
Finally? It's been 13 years. Definitely not as long as circosta or flannery, but 13 years is a pretty long time

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Yep, i agree Ff3233, I mean, those seniors were in kindergarten when he started coaching varsity.
He's done a heckuva job to build a state power in D6.

Return to “Football”