NY at Fairland PI Call

enigmaax
All State

Re: NY at Fairland PI Call

Post by enigmaax »

BoJack Horseman wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:07 pm
icanpickem wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:07 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:37 pm It seems obvious that the call was made on the kid in back of the receiver, not the guy who stepped in front. If you watch the 740 Zone video from a different angle, you can see a little bit better that there was contact on the receiver from the back defender.
Video referenced in post... 50 sec mark
Still not seeing the contact. Odd the WR was just disappointed at the INT and not looking for a flag or holding his arms up. He knew.
Yeah, I mean, it certainly isn’t the view that the official had standing right in front of the play. Lol. Maybe the receiver just isn’t a whiner like, well, some other people?

I don’t know if it was right or wrong - no one commenting, including me, had the best seat in the house to tell. But I’d wager a guess that the contact the official saw or thought he saw was not the guy who picked off the ball, but that’s how everyone is presenting it. You might not see the contact from the back guy clearly, but there has yet to be a view shared like the one the official had. Which means it could’ve very well happened (I doubt ANYONE watching live had their eyes on that kid).

Regarding the other call, again, not sure what happened but the official definitely had a unique view of the play. I’ve slowed it down and watched several times, I can’t clearly say the ball touched the ground, but the video quality is such that I wouldn’t say “no way.” What could have possibly thrown off the guy who was almost literally on top of the play to think it hit the ground of it didn’t?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:37 pm It seems obvious that the call was made on the kid in back of the receiver, not the guy who stepped in front. If you watch the 740 Zone video from a different angle, you can see a little bit better that there was contact on the receiver from the back defender.
Coach showed a lot of class in the interview, everyone complaining about that PI call take a page from the coach. There was plays throughout the game they should've made, you live you learn you get better. I get it everyone remembers it as "that play" why they lost the game. Unless you played a perfect game no game comes down to "that play", NY gave up 21 in the first half the most in an entire game going back to week 2. I get it you played a team that over the years you have had to battle against the refs also so this is just the build up from all of that. I also feel the PI was a junk call, at least from that angle there's 48 minutes in a game though if you're honest with yourself there are a lot of plays we can say were "that play".

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

If the shoe was on the other foot, Fairland would be acting the very same way.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Manwithplan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:53 am If the shoe was on the other foot, Fairland would be acting the very same way.
Yes, agreed. I believe about any team would be feeling/acting the same.

Props to the NY Coach for his interview. He handled it with class, which isn't always easy to do.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:05 am
Coach showed a lot of class in the interview, everyone complaining about that PI call take a page from the coach. There was plays throughout the game they should've made, you live you learn you get better. I get it everyone remembers it as "that play" why they lost the game. Unless you played a perfect game no game comes down to "that play", NY gave up 21 in the first half the most in an entire game going back to week 2. I get it you played a team that over the years you have had to battle against the refs also so this is just the build up from all of that. I also feel the PI was a junk call, at least from that angle there's 48 minutes in a game though if you're honest with yourself there are a lot of plays we can say were "that play".
Yes, he did show a lot of class. But NY got hosed and he let it be known how he feels on social media. Good for him because that official should not be permitted to continue officiating in any playoff game. He should also be brought before an inquisition to deposed and explain his actions/motives. It sure seemed like he had an axe to grind. Was he angry about the tongue lashing he received for the earlier debacle? Who knows, but that's my guess. Watch the video and you be the judge.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Poor quality....one angle...not conclusive! the play stands as called!!!.Game OVA

Dnation6969
Waterboy

Post by Dnation6969 »

The play before everyone is saying that’s it was an interception. Once the player hit the ground the ball popped out. There is pictures to prove it.
The interception wasn’t the only bad call in the game. I’m the third quarter a fairland receiver was coming across the field about to catch the ball which would’ve been a touchdown when a NY player took his legs out. No call...
In the beginning of the game, actually Fairlands first touchdown, before the ball was caught, a different receiver was taken out 15 yards down the field. This was before the ball was released.
Fairland had double the penalty yards that NY had.
Either way you look at it these refs shouldn’t be selected again... Terrible officiating for both teams.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Taylormade wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:15 am Such a beautiful field
worse field i have ever stepped into, terrible stands unless they have remodeled

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Still not seeing the contact. Odd the WR was just disappointed at the INT and not looking for a flag or holding his arms up. He knew.
Yeah, I mean, it certainly isn’t the view that the official had standing right in front of the play. Lol. Maybe the receiver just isn’t a whiner like, well, some other people?

I don’t know if it was right or wrong - no one commenting, including me, had the best seat in the house to tell. But I’d wager a guess that the contact the official saw or thought he saw was not the guy who picked off the ball, but that’s how everyone is presenting it. You might not see the contact from the back guy clearly, but there has yet to be a view shared like the one the official had. Which means it could’ve very well happened (I doubt ANYONE watching live had their eyes on that kid).

Regarding the other call, again, not sure what happened but the official definitely had a unique view of the play. I’ve slowed it down and watched several times, I can’t clearly say the ball touched the ground, but the video quality is such that I wouldn’t say “no way.” What could have possibly thrown off the guy who was almost literally on top of the play to think it hit the ground of it didn’t?
Well yea I was standing in that end zone and I'm telling you straight up that kid wasn't touched .
My cousin who is Diehard Athens fan was in the other corner of the end zone and seen the first int said it never touched the ground.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:27 pm

Can a call this bad be overturned by OHSAA?
Great game both teams. One angle you can’t see anything. Flag is in air before ball gets there. One kid throws hands to head and drops head. Could be guilt, could be exhaustion. SEGA shots has picture of pass on 2nd down as hitting ground with no control. Officials were horrible on both sides. Great game, great team, great season

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

NY BUCKS wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:42 pm
enigmaax wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:15 pm

Well yea I was standing in that end zone and I'm telling you straight up that kid wasn't touched .
My cousin who is Diehard Athens fan was in the other corner of the end zone and seen the first int said it never touched the ground.
SEGA shots in FB has a pic of it hitting ground

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’m just glad All of SEOPREPS came together to say it’s a horrible call and Fairland is the worst place to play in SEO. Great to see.

Huntster77
Waterboy

Post by Huntster77 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:51 am
osumufan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:44 am Yeah we heard all the fbombing on tbevyoutube live! The coaches in the box and on the field are a disgrace to
your high school. Bad calls happen but acting a fool and wanting to fight is not the answer! Do better NY Buckeyes!!
That wasn’t a NY coach. That was media
That definitely was coaches in the press box right beside Fairlands commentators... for sure

Huntster77
Waterboy

Post by Huntster77 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:57 am Guess we will just forget about the group of people in the end zone waiting on our boys and trying to fight them. People complaining about coaches cussing in the booth must have never set near a booth before.
I don’t know about a group of Fairland fans but I did hear of one making some very obscene remarks and that Sir is embarrassing for our fans to act like that.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Not sure if it’s been stated or not but Nelsonville would’ve still lost this game if the PI wasn’t called. The NY player spiked the ball after the int. without going to a knee first and if you look in the video the fairland player grabs it and runs to the endzone.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm Not sure if it’s been stated or not but Nelsonville would’ve still lost this game if the PI wasn’t called. The NY player spiked the ball after the int. without going to a knee first and if you look in the video the fairland player grabs it and runs to the endzone.
If that's the case then why did fairland except the penalty? No need to kick the fg, just decline penalty and game over. Since that did not happen i say bs

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:38 pm Not sure if it’s been stated or not but Nelsonville would’ve still lost this game if the PI wasn’t called. The NY player spiked the ball after the int. without going to a knee first and if you look in the video the fairland player grabs it and runs to the endzone.
Nobody had mentioned that yet but I noticed it. The pass interference call was absolutely horrendous though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:49 pm
Nobody had mentioned that yet but I noticed it. The pass interference call was absolutely horrendous though.
Couldn’t agree more. Our wasn’t a playoff game but you should see the holding they called on our game winning touchdown in regulation. Ended up losing in 4OT

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm
Couldn’t agree more. Our wasn’t a playoff game but you should see the holding they called on our game winning touchdown in regulation. Ended up losing in 4OT
Why did fairland have to kick a fg to win the game then? Just wondering if they returned the fumble for a td then game should've been over

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ff3233 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Why did fairland have to kick a fg to win the game then? Just wondering if they returned the fumble for a td then game should've been over
There was no sound but I’m guessing the officials blew the play dead at that point maybe? Or maybe the officials just didn’t notice the kid running it into the endzone

Return to “Football”