RD 4: Newark Catholic (5-3) @ Trimble (8-0)

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Re: RD 4: Newark Catholic (5-3) @ Trimble (8-0)

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 pm Calpreps has this a 21-20 game with Trimble winning.
At a neutral site that is.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:17 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 pm Calpreps has this a 21-20 game with Trimble winning.
Nice

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm
Nice
In all honesty, I think if #20 can stay healthy and play the best game he’s played all year with the help from the other key players, I think the Cats have a shot.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:36 pm
dilligaf wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Nice
In all honesty, I think if #20 can stay healthy and play the best game he’s played all year with the help from the other key players, I think the Cats have a shot.
I would love to see it but I just don't know if the line play can hold up. No bad on them they are just so so young but will be cheering for them for sure

Thatdad
Riding the Bench

Post by Thatdad »

Watched NC on film, this is not 1980. This team is very beatable. Danville wasn’t good and handed the ball to them multiple times. Raining all day today. The field will be a soup bowl that will benefit the Cats. It’s on! Cats move on, one step closer to their Regional Championship!

Koondogger 2.1
Freshman Team

Post by Koondogger 2.1 »

Thatdad wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 am Watched NC on film, this is not 1980. This team is very beatable. Danville wasn’t good and handed the ball to them multiple times. Raining all day today. The field will be a soup bowl that will benefit the Cats. It’s on! Cats move on, one step closer to their Regional Championship!
I hope you are right but I talked to DJ Graham last night and he says to watch out. Word on the street is NC is picking up a few new players this week. Apparently they can recruit and enroll pretty much continuously.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Please list tthe recruited players so I can insert them onto my roster.
Be cool if someone who knows about recruited players list the ones they have on the current roster.
I will wait on all of the experts.

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:31 am Please list tthe recruited players so I can insert them onto my roster.
Be cool if someone who knows about recruited players list the ones they have on the current roster.
#54/43 the DE did not play for NC last year. I'm sure he's just one of many that slid over to the Green Wave this season. Regardless of outcomes, I'll always root for home grown boys that have played together since youth league vs. private schools that don't rebuild/reload- they just recruit. Go Cats.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Did they tramsfer or were they recruited?
Please provide a link to either.
Then you should contact the OHSAA and show them this proof of recruiting.
Recruiting is against the rules and anyone with proof that this is going on should turn in the proof to stiop this injustice.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

The rain playing into the favor of the Tomcats. Good ol fashion mud bowl , grinding it out , and smash mouth football may be what it takes to win this one now worh 2”of rain being dumped Of this is the case I like Trimbles chances even more.
Wishbone Run heavy smash mouth Trimble football...I like it

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Rumor is the the lorckerrooms under the stadium are getting flooded. If so will they put the visitors up in a tent like last year? I can understand why many of you are saying the rain will make this a closer than expected game cause I doubt it NC has ever played on a wet field before LOL. But if they bring the helicopter in and get the field dry NC may do as others have said and "bare asss em."

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 pm Rumor is the the lorckerrooms under the stadium are getting flooded. If so will they put the visitors up in a tent like last year? I can understand why many of you are saying the rain will make this a closer than expected game cause I doubt it NC has ever played on a wet field before LOL. But if they bring the helicopter in and get the field dry NC may do as others have said and "bare asss em."

Rain helps Trimbles cause for sure. Plays right into their favor

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:41 pm
bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:27 pm Rumor is the the lorckerrooms under the stadium are getting flooded. If so will they put the visitors up in a tent like last year? I can understand why many of you are saying the rain will make this a closer than expected game cause I doubt it NC has ever played on a wet field before LOL. But if they bring the helicopter in and get the field dry NC may do as others have said and "bare asss em."

So, will Phil bring in the chopper, or will he opt to keep the advantage of a wet and sloppy field?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:45 pm
countywide35 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:41 pm

So, will Phil bring in the chopper, or will he opt to keep the advantage of a wet and sloppy field?

I say knee deep In mud with a heavy dose of Wishbone is in store.
Can’t imagine them drying the field up for the other teams benefit. Give em tents to dress and suit up In to play some old school SEO football in the elements SEO kids dream about. I’m pretty confident in kids over in glouster don’t mind one bit gettin mud under their finder nails.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:56 am
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:31 am Please list tthe recruited players so I can insert them onto my roster.
#54/43 the DE did not play for NC last year. I'm sure he's just one of many that slid over to the Green Wave this season. Regardless of outcomes, I'll always root for home grown boys that have played together since youth league vs. private schools that don't rebuild/reload- they just recruit. Go Cats.
Oh, so it would be fine if he went to Newark HS and not Newark Catholic? Give me a break.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:07 pm
Oh, so it would be fine if he went to Newark HS and not Newark Catholic? Give me a break.
No, not at all. Although, it would be some BS if they recruited the kids mid season and the kid didn’t transfer. Schools that can do this should have their own region. Let a school like Trimble or Nelsonville try that nonsense and see what repercussions they have.
Not saying any of the information is factual, just saying if it is true, that’s BS.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

These are the games that the gambler and the tomcats love. Good luck to the cats, pulling for you from over the hill.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm

No, not at all. Although, it would be some BS if they recruited the kids mid season and the kid didn’t transfer. Schools that can do this should have their own region. Let a school like Trimble or Nelsonville try that nonsense and see what repercussions they have.
Not saying any of the information is factual, just saying if it is true, that’s BS.
Koondogger probably isn’t the most reliable source on this one!

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:34 pm
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Koondogger probably isn’t the most reliable source on this one!
Lol. Like I said, IF it’s true. I haven’t seen any solid information on it.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

NY BUCK wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:29 pm These are the games that the gambler and the tomcats love. Good luck to the cats, pulling for you from over the hill.
We appreciate it!! You guys should be playing this week too. I’m still a little heated over that one.

Return to “Football”