Reg. Season Week 10: Logan (2-7) Vs Teays Valley (3-5)

cbolt
SEOP

Re: Reg. Season Week 10: Logan (2-7) Vs Teays Valley (3-5)

Post by cbolt »

Yep surprisingly easy! TV was not very big,strong and physical after all. :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

If Logan had only played this well earlier in the season.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yea I don't know what got into them. Some were ready to fire the coach after the Big Nut game but all that noise will be squelched in the off season after a 3 game winning streak.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I get that folks become frustrated with the lack of impressive performances and results out of a school Logan’s size, but if you want to see a better case study of a school that actually does “less with more” then look no further than Teays Valley.

Good streak of wins for Logan to close out their season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Logan on your win over Teays Valley.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:15 pm If Logan had only played this well earlier in the season.
Agree. A late groove. I kept hearing the last few weeks the Chief line was much improving. Good win. Good carry over for next season. Nice ending victory Chiefs!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:09 pm Yep surprisingly easy! TV was not very big,strong and physical after all. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I missed the whole game, Bolt. :( I was banking on a closer game, because I was hearing about Logan's line and different things was really improving, and had a feeling they had a chance. Couldn't find my radio cord, and this turtle wasn't having Youtube this evening. Had some visitors (riff raff walkers) back here in the cubby hole and I wasn't about to go to the garage and listen. Would have been bugging me as soon as they heard the radio. They was out there for about 2 hours smoking cigarettes. 3 block drifters. :roll: Anyway one could watch this game again? I want to see it.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You can watch it anytime on you tube if you can get that turtle pepped up. Was our old buddy DT back there in the cubby hole with them riff raff smokers? He probably looking for a ride. :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Didn't see him out there. He was probably up at the Skyline smoking his rettes. :lol: Him and TR hang low when it's chilly out. Be too cold for them to camp out on people porches tonight. :lol: :roll: They need that Skyline tonight. :lol: Sneak over in the weeds late at night up around there close to the Skyline and have a nip. Ole TR probably has beer hidden just off the Skyline property I would bet. :lol: I heard they didn't want them drinking and coming in there after. So that's what makes them find available porches after too many nips. :lol: :roll:

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Lol. I really feel sorry for them having to scally wag around without a place to go in the 9th most dangerous city in the state. :o

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:40 pm Yea I don't know what got into them. Some were ready to fire the coach after the Big Nut game but all that noise will be squelched in the off season after a 3 game winning streak.
Look - this team was a mess through 7 weeks. That's not a secret.

Credit to the seniors who could have quit. To the coaches who kept working and prepping and who found a way to win.

A couple things really improved this team IMO - when they moved 80 into more of a fullback role (from tight end) - he was an amazingly good lead blocker. Maybe a blessing in disguise from 31 missing the B-C game that they found 80 in that role. He really opened up the run game.

Also - from week 2 on - I really felt this team lacked belief. They needed something to go right. As bad as Columbus East was - this team just needed to believe in themselves. The coaches needed to believe in each other. And once they got a LITTLE confidence they were SO much better.

Hopefully they can build on this. A lot of linemen got some work on both sides of the ball at some point this season. Both tackles are back on offense, both tackles on defense.

Lots of skill in the sophomore class. Onward and upward.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Kind of wished the season could keep going to see if the improvement continues, but it was good to end with a three game winning streak and the seniors could go out on a winning note. I agree as bad as East was it seemed to give them a boost they didn't have early in the year. Too bad East wasn't the first game of the year! :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:25 pm scally wag around in the 9th most dangerous city in the state.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not much has changed for me. The last 3 games the Chiefs played losing programs and some were really bad. The early season they played no one overwhelming. Some good teams, yes, but not powerhouses. Many were smaller division teams and most were .500 teams. The bottom line - the program isn’t going anywhere. It’s a shadow of itself. The only question I see is how long they let the bleeding continue. There is some talent in Logan. The schedule isn’t that tough. But the on field results show little.

Someone needs to be honest.

Have gun, will travel

Return to “Football”