Region 23 Final : Fairland (8-1) @ Fort Frye (9-0)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 23 Final : Fairland (8-1) @ Fort Frye (9-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:23 am
RollCoal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:30 pm Fairland has a few playmakers on offense. Most notably is #4 Brumfield who had 100 rushing and 100 receiving yards last night. I’m not sure of all the stats as the paper didn’t list all of them.
How did they get him the ball? Barnesville ran a lot of rollout run/pass option plays that were tough to defend. They also made yardage with some play action passes for 8-10 yards at a time. They just had a really hard time running the ball, so when the field got short the passing game was easier to shut down.
Fort Frye DBs and LBs having been getting Ints all year in the redzone. Still hard to keep it up.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Way I see it the biggest mismatch will be Fort Frye offensive line vs Fairland. Fort line is really big and fast.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

This game will be over by the end of the 1st.

Good season by Fairland, can't remember a Fairland team who has went this deep in the playoffs recently (anyone got history on that?)

I'd love to see Fairland keep it close but Fort Frye is just a whole different animal. Coldwater + New Middletown Springfield both are loaded and stout, hopefully they can avoid both in the state semi's.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:50 am This game will be over by the end of the 1st.

Good season by Fairland, can't remember a Fairland team who has went this deep in the playoffs recently (anyone got history on that?)

I'd love to see Fairland keep it close but Fort Frye is just a whole different animal. Coldwater + New Middletown Springfield both are loaded and stout, hopefully they can avoid both in the state semi's.
Considering it goes by distance and Fairview and Columbus Grove are both 4 hours away it’s looking like Fort will play Springfield if They win.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:53 am
efarns wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:51 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:50 pm

Their conference is bad.
They've won 3 playoff games.
They shouldn’t have beaten Nelsonville.
Funny how a game is 48 minutes long and NY had the lead for 27 seconds... Get up off the ground and stop crying, your gonna get your skirt dirty.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FF wing-T prevails. Fairland May slow it down at times. But they don’t stop it enough in 48mins of football to win. FF onto the state-semis.

Good luck Cadets.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

FF big. 28+?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:50 am This game will be over by the end of the 1st.

Fort Frye could give Springfield fits. Trimble was able to run it between the tackles all night long. Their QB is probably the best in the smaller divisions. Have to control the clock

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Fort Frye could give Springfield fits. Trimble was able to run it between the tackles all night long. Their QB is probably the best in the smaller divisions. Have to control the clock
Agreed. FF is a tough matchup for Springfield without a doubt. SEO owes Springfield one, hope Fort gets that matchup.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am
efarns wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:51 pm

They've won 3 playoff games.
Funny how a game is 48 minutes long and NY had the lead for 27 seconds... Get up off the ground and stop crying, your gonna get your skirt dirty.
They were up when when they needed to be. Had your backs to the ropes just to bailed out by an overweight zebra.....twice in one drive. I thought our field was bad till I seen the field in Proctorville. Trust me, where I’m from, we’re definitely not scared to “get our skirts dirty”
Anyways, good luck with the Cadets. You’ll need it since you ain’t playing at the Trailer Park.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye DBs have stepped up this year big time. They are so much better than they were week 2.

Cadets ran for 331 vs Barnesville and passed for 100. I thought Barnesville had some success in the Air but they only had 133 yards on 13/30 passing. Cadets held Shamrocks under 200 yards.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Cadets in your upcoming game against Fairland. Lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:22 pm
JFLRADIO Big Mor wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:09 am

They were up when when they needed to be. Had your backs to the ropes just to bailed out by an overweight zebra.....twice in one drive. I thought our field was bad till I seen the field in Proctorville. Trust me, where I’m from, we’re definitely not scared to “get our skirts dirty”
Anyways, good luck with the Cadets. You’ll need it since you ain’t playing at the Trailer Park.
2nd down ball was not intercepted, bounced off ground.. have pics. PI call, video out there of kid pulling in jersey on slant. Should’ve been holding. Don’t blame the officials, Fairland had 2-1 penalty yards. You can’t cry when you lead for 27 seconds, received more penalty yardage, 1 Td called back and 1 missed PI penalty that cost Fairland a td. Used to think y’all played good ball, now I think your just good at talking..

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

......and on to the game THIS week: Fort by 21

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think this year was the first playoff win

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Dnation6969
Waterboy

Post by Dnation6969 »

A lot of people are sleeping on this Fairland team! Kids have heart and have game! The run defense is very good. Holding a great coal grove offense to 2 touchdowns. Since the blowout in the soon to be state champs Ironton, they’ve scored 66, 42, 57, 41, and 35... The dragons held them to 13.
Only trouble Fairland is really having recently is their pass game. Other than that the running game has been impeccable as-well as the screen game.
Towards the end of the Grove game they switched it up and ran an option/wildcat look. It was untouchable.
People are saying this is a 3-4 touchdown win for the Cadets but I’m seeing this a close game. FF hasn’t seen an opponent like Fairland with its speed, ability to run and pass the ball, and their hard nosed defense.
Cadet fans could be in for a surprise with this Dragon team, it will be a close one. Could possibly be the upset of the entire playoffs, if that’s the case all eyes will be on this team.
Go Dragons 🐉

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Fairland had 2 playoff wins over conference teams they had already beaten in the regular season that are only a few miles away and they slid by a decent TVC team that wasn't great this year. Fort is a different animal right now for teams in the SEO region. I'll stick with a FF 3 td win.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:21 am Fairland had 2 playoff wins over conference teams they had already beaten in the regular season that are only a few miles away and they slid by a decent TVC team that wasn't great this year. Fort is a different animal right now for teams in the SEO region. I'll stick with a FF 3 td win.

Good post.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

I dont see fort losing this one. Im taking fort by 3 scores or more

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dnation6969 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:55 pm A lot of people are sleeping on this Fairland team! Kids have heart and have game! The run defense is very good. Holding a great coal grove offense to 2 touchdowns. Since the blowout in the soon to be state champs Ironton, they’ve scored 66, 42, 57, 41, and 35... The dragons held them to 13.
Only trouble Fairland is really having recently is their pass game. Other than that the running game has been impeccable as-well as the screen game.
Towards the end of the Grove game they switched it up and ran an option/wildcat look. It was untouchable.
People are saying this is a 3-4 touchdown win for the Cadets but I’m seeing this a close game. FF hasn’t seen an opponent like Fairland with its speed, ability to run and pass the ball, and their hard nosed defense.
Cadet fans could be in for a surprise with this Dragon team, it will be a close one. Could possibly be the upset of the entire playoffs, if that’s the case all eyes will be on this team.
Go Dragons 🐉

Please come out and try to run on Fort Frye.

Return to “Football”