Region 27 Final- Shadyside (6-3) vs Newark Catholic (6-3)

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Region 27 Final- Shadyside (6-3) vs Newark Catholic (6-3)

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Can’t believe Marion local lost

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:08 pm Can’t believe Marion local lost
New Bremen only lost by 8 to them in the regular season in league play. MAC teams routinely have to beat each other in the playoffs. What a conference although LCC has a good chance to upset the apple cart this year, They are loaded.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:08 pm Can’t believe Marion local lost

New Bremen =had to play at a tougher level of intensity the post seasons b to advance. (Better quality opponents).

MLOCAL= Had blowouts a/easier playoff opponents and got a wake up call a little too late.

IMHO

At this point in the season, every little puzzle piece has to fight right to keep advancing, & NB had that in their favor.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Shadyside started out really well. 25 play 92 yard drive.
The rest of the game they unoffically of course totatled 56 yards.

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Shady was of course the best team NC has seen in the playoffs so far.

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Orestes' wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm Shady was of course the best team NC has seen in the playoffs so far.
Defensively, maybe. NC contributed like 4 TOs to help keep the game close. Trimble had about 200 yards more of offense than Shadyside did, but they lost the TO battle 5-1, while Shadyside won the TO battle to keep the game close. Why they threw the ball on 3rd and 2 with 4 minutes left then punted will never make sense to me..

Good luck NC moving forward, they got the good draw for final 4. The state title will be played between Lima CC and New Bremen this week.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:50 am
Orestes' wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:30 pm Shady was of course the best team NC has seen in the playoffs so far.
Defensively, maybe. NC contributed like 4 TOs to help keep the game close. Trimble had about 200 yards more of offense than Shadyside did, but they lost the TO battle 5-1, while Shadyside won the TO battle to keep the game close. Why they threw the ball on 3rd and 2 with 4 minutes left then punted will never make sense to me..

Good luck NC moving forward, they got the good draw for final 4. The state title will be played between Lima CC and New Bremen this week.
Agree

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Also seems everyone failed to mention NC played without arguably their best player, the kid with multiple D1 offers who got hurt at the end of the Trimble game. #45

Hope he can return this week

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:25 pm
Also seems everyone failed to mention NC played without arguably their best player, the kid with multiple D1 offers who got hurt at the end of the Trimble game. #45

Hope he can return this week
Yea, I guess Shady "got lucky" didn't they. :lol:

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

So, I know the logic in your league is, someone "got lucky." I'm guessing you're saying Shady got lucky this time. :lol:

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Orestes' wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:33 pm

So, I know the logic in your league is, someone "got lucky." I'm guessing you're saying Shady got lucky this time. :lol:
Simply point out obvious impacts on the games. Turnover margin differences, personnel differences. Both things that clearly impact outcomes of high school football games. If that goes over your head... well then I guess I can’t say I’m surprised.

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:53 pm
Orestes' wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Simply point out obvious impacts on the games. Turnover margin differences, personnel differences. Both things that clearly impact outcomes of high school football games. If that goes over your head... well then I guess I can’t say I’m surprised.
You discuss turnovers like they are all one sided. If it benefits the team you want to win you make it out as though it was a he11 of a play by that team. If it benefits the opponent of the team you want to win you insuate that it was a mistake by your team and that it's the sole, or at least the main, reason the other team won or did well. So, yea you make it out to be "lucky" when it suits you. I realize I'm discussing words and concepts that are probably far beyond your intellectual capacity but hopefully you can grasp the main point; that being you and others in your league claim teams "got lucky" when they beat you and yet you get red asssed when anyone says your team "got lucky."

Return to “Football”