D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Ironton may go on a run, but right now they have a loaded team that about any decent coach would win with.

Do it consistently and then thump your chest. Over the years there have been lots of teams have great success over a couple years then fall off. That's mostly because football is about the Jimmy's and the Joe's, not the X's and O's.

Some of the Facebook posts coming out of Ironton in the last few days has to rub some Ironton Bluehairs the wrong way. Ironton was built by history and specifically Bob Lutz not by the current administration. They have done a good job breathing new life into the program, but the constant self gratitude is comical.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Blitz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:50 am he will lock us down next Thursday. but here is the rub.... it wont go in effect until Monday like always just in time to let all 7 championships get played that weekend....i called this a month ago..... basketball however is toast this year... im just glad he is waiting.... BTW Ironton wins this week and next!!!
I'm afraid you are correct. Allowing the week is sounding just like March. Next Monday sports and schools will stop

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am Hudepohl, what a great name for a kid from Cincinnati !!!!!

I feel a little sorry for posters who have been reduced to adding nothing but if so and so had been healthy Ironton would have lost.
Bottom line Ironton won so move on.
Did you think they would've given that kid a jersey number 14! As a kid growing up back in the 60s my neighbor next-door would sit out on his patio and drink beer and listen to every Reds game on the radio and I've heard 14 K so many times😂

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I've said for years now that Burg has the best program around, hands down. I believe Ironton, who (albeit) arguably held that distinction for decades is poised to take that title back. A lot will depend on if Pendleton decides to bolt for greener pastures. If its intention to stay awhile (in my opinion) he needs to say so when the 'he's leaving' rumors begin to fly. That will build stability in the program.

For so many years Ironton fans dealt with one rumor after another over Coach Lutz. From being every college's special team coach, to heading to Ashland to coaching a new Catholic school in South Point that would merger Ashland, Ironton and Huntington Catholic boys to well all sorts of bizarre stuff.

I for one have all the respect in the world for Burg's program. It amazes me how the boys never quit coming at you no matter what the score board would say. However, how I love to see the Tigers roll those Pirates!!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:56 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 am No they probably just complain less. I love how you guys act like Ridgewoods Qb has never played before. How many blowouts did they have this year? I’m pretty sure that QB has had plenty of snaps the last two season with all the running clocks the generals put on people Maybe he’s no tingle but it’s not like they put a freshman with no reps in there
Had we lost last year I wouldn’t have complained because of injuries. It’s part of the game and as you said, others get their reps too. We may have guys out this year if we win this week. It is what it is...2019 we returned 3 starters from the 2018 squad. I don’t think 1 guy hurt Wood all that bad
As a Wood fan im not getiing into hypotheticals nor in the middle of this argument. Ironton did what they had to do, they won the game, congratulations from the Wood. Injuries are definitely part of the game, you deal with them and you play the game to the best of your abilities. But to say "I doubt 1 guy hurt Wood all that bad" is simply blasphemy. Tingle isnt just any player. He is a once in a lifetime type kid at the Wood, maybe not at Kirtland or Ironton, but he is in this 1 stop light town. Ive followed Ridgewood football for 25 plus years, hes special. Dont do an injustice to the type of player he is by making those type of comments. With that said Ridgewood's defense is also as good as Ive seen them boast, that allowed them to be competitive without him. Not attempting to diminish Ironton's victory, they earned it and have my respect, but please stop with the "It didnt effect the team" argument. Good luck to Ironton rest of the way, Wood will be rooting for you to get it done.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:55 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 am No they probably just complain less. I love how you guys act like Ridgewoods Qb has never played before. How many blowouts did they have this year? I’m pretty sure that QB has had plenty of snaps the last two season with all the running clocks the generals put on people Maybe he’s no tingle but it’s not like they put a freshman with no reps in there
Had we lost last year I wouldn’t have complained because of injuries. It’s part of the game and as you said, others get their reps too. We may have guys out this year if we win this week. It is what it is...2019 we returned 3 starters from the 2018 squad. I don’t think 1 guy hurt Wood all that bad
As a Wood fan im not getiing into hypotheticals nor in the middle of this argument. Ironton did what they had to do, they won the game, congratulations from the Wood. Injuries are definitely part of the game, you deal with them and you play the game to the best of your abilities. But to say "I doubt 1 guy hurt Wood all that bad" is simply blasphemy. Tingle isnt just any player. He is a once in a lifetime type kid at the Wood, maybe not at Kirtland or Ironton, but he is in this 1 stop light town. Ive followed Ridgewood football for 25 plus years, hes special. Dont do an injustice to the type of player he is by making those type of comments. With that said Ridgewood's defense is also as good as Ive seen them boast, that allowed them to be competitive without him. Not attempting to diminish Ironton's victory, they earned it and have my respect, but please stop with the "It didnt effect the team" argument. Good luck to Ironton rest of the way, Wood will be rooting for you to get it done.
Well I guess it is possible. The same Colts team that went 10-6 with Manning also went 2-14 the next year without him so I guess it does hurt some teams more than others as the Patriots were able to win without Brady but the Colts weren’t. My apologies. I said that a few weeks ago, the defense was probably the best in D5. If South Range had your defense, they’d be impossible to stop. Their offense was loaded this year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I dont think anyone was taking anything away from Wood, I know I wasn't. I think the problem was a poster saying 100% Ironton loses if Tingle plays.
If Tingle plays IHS knows it going to change their game plan on both sides of the ball. Without TIngle IHS knew it would take less points to win.
IHS was content to run the ball and eat clock and not get fancy knowing 17 points should be enough. With Tingle IHS would have had to open it up more knowing 17 would not be enough. IHS did what they needed to do to win but they knew at the end of the night they had been severely tested.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:30 pm I dont think anyone was taking anything away from Wood, I know I wasn't. I think the problem was a poster saying 100% Ironton loses if Tingle plays.
If Tingle plays IHS knows it going to change their game plan on both sides of the ball. Without TIngle IHS knew it would take less points to win.
IHS was content to run the ball and eat clock and not get fancy knowing 17 points should be enough. With Tingle IHS would have had to open it up more knowing 17 would not be enough. IHS did what they needed to do to win but they knew at the end of the night they had been severely tested.
I saw some of them Arntn boys at a power liftin meet. Them boys is a sqauttin machines.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:30 pm I dont think anyone was taking anything away from Wood, I know I wasn't. I think the problem was a poster saying 100% Ironton loses if Tingle plays.
How does tingle not playing change your offense? Sorry but your explanation makes no sense. Ironton coaches would have opened it up if they could have, but they couldn’t. The only thing they could do is exactly what they did.

I’m the one who said I believe that if tingle plays, ridgewood beats ironton and burg. Burg probably by 14-21. Ironton by 7 to 14. The kid is a really good player. Wood soldier is right, he’s a kid that comes every now and then.

I realize it’s hypothetical but it’s my opinion. Disagree all you want, I’m fine with it. I mean none of this crap means anything anyway.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:28 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Well I guess it is possible. The same Colts team that went 10-6 with Manning also went 2-14 the next year without him so I guess it does hurt some teams more than others as the Patriots were able to win without Brady but the Colts weren’t. My apologies. I said that a few weeks ago, the defense was probably the best in D5. If South Range had your defense, they’d be impossible to stop. Their offense was loaded this year
You pretty much prove my point. Ridgewood offense is extremely good with tingle and they have a great defense.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They lost omg get over it

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Literally a whole page with nothing but Ridgewood wheelersburg talk

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:18 pm Literally a whole page with nothing but Ridgewood wheelersburg talk
Lol. That’s because everyone thinks ironton will beat bacon.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Bacon is not as much as a 1 man show as everyone is acting like the teams i see people give credit too and take it away from makes no sense to me. They have a good front 7 on defense and speed in the corner and safety positions and they're in the final 4 coming from the Cincinnati region and beat a mac school from start to finish never trailed for 1 second but yeah lets act like they have no chance.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:37 pm Bacon is not as much as a 1 man show as everyone is acting like the teams i see people give credit too and take it away from makes no sense to me. They have a good front 7 on defense and speed in the corner and safety positions and they're in the final 4 coming from the Cincinnati region and beat a mac school from start to finish never trailed for 1 second but yeah lets act like they have no chance.
They may surprise me but I can’t see it. Again it’s from watching their game online.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:18 pm Literally a whole page with nothing but Ridgewood wheelersburg talk

😂 🤣 😂

🤣 😂 🤣

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:21 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:52 pm
wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:09 pm

I have 100 percent zero tiger envy. In fact, I’ve been pretty on point with my assessment of them so far. I mean that argument can be made at any level. Does notre dame beat Clemson if Trevor Lawrence plays? Is Ohio state better or worse with fields?
Its a bit of a reach to just declare an absolute based on what if. Wood got bullied in 2nd half. Carter was gettin 6, 7, 8 on every rush in that stack I w Carrico as lead blocker. Also think Wood had trouble w Irontons depth in late quarters. Not buyin Tingle being enough even if he did win a half. We cant declare an absolute result but its more fair to say maybe the game is different & maybe different variables make the whole dynamic, srategy, scheme, approach, different. Ohio State won a natty w a 3rd string QB. 🤷‍♂️
Lol. Ohio State won the natty with a recruited back up QB, they didn’t pull their wide out, who will probably be taking pre reqs at the local junior college next year, in and hand him the the reigns.

You can’t remove the your most dynamic player in division 5 football and expect to just keep doing what you’ve done all year

Does anyone on this board honestly think roger bacon has a shot if Kiner can’t play?
As ya cant assume a win if he is active. Too much of a reach. Wood didnt just lose because QB1 was injured. Obvi its a major contributor BUT Woods defense also gave up more than they have through 9 opponents. Defense got pushed around in the 2nd half. In the late quarters Ironton asserted a domimance at the los. Probably wise Tingle didnt try to go. Good chance he woulda got lit up a few times.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:07 pm
How does tingle not playing change your offense? Sorry but your explanation makes no sense. Ironton coaches would have opened it up if they could have, but they couldn’t. The only thing they could do is exactly what they did.

I’m the one who said I believe that if tingle plays, ridgewood beats ironton and burg. Burg probably by 14-21. Ironton by 7 to 14. The kid is a really good player. Wood soldier is right, he’s a kid that comes every now and then.

I realize it’s hypothetical but it’s my opinion. Disagree all you want, I’m fine with it. I mean none of this crap means anything anyway.
Burg had that type of player in Tanner Holden. The season he had in 2017 will go down as one of the greatest in history at Burg. IMO he is the best athlete Burg has ever had. If he is not on that State championship team no way they win it.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:05 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:37 pm Bacon is not as much as a 1 man show as everyone is acting like the teams i see people give credit too and take it away from makes no sense to me. They have a good front 7 on defense and speed in the corner and safety positions and they're in the final 4 coming from the Cincinnati region and beat a mac school from start to finish never trailed for 1 second but yeah lets act like they have no chance.
They may surprise me but I can’t see it. Again it’s from watching their game online.
RB has size & speed. They have a couple 6ft/6ft4 280/290 pound athletes on the los. They have a QB1 who is very accurate and tall. ( 6ft3) He's a pocket passer, but he makes mostly good decisions distributing the ball. Its likely he will see more pressure than he has in a few weeks saturday night. How he responds will sorta in my view, set the stage for Kiner. RB has good run blocking, and Kiner is fast and powerful w a big time stiff arm. If he slips the LB's, none of Irontons db's or safeties will make a one on one play on him. If Bacon and Kiner can beat Ironton to the edges, if QB1 can distribute efficiently enough to keep Irontons LB's honest and Kiner is able to get past that 2nd level & in space where Ironton secondary has to make plays, Ironton could get in trouble. RB also has a couple tall, 200 lbs + targets for QB1 & at least one of the kids ( forget the last name) is a playmaker on both sides. An all over the field kinda kid.

Ironton is correctly favored. But this game is not going to be easy. Not in my opinion.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

To be honest, that MAC school got into a 14-0 deficit (credit to Bacon) and they aren’t the “cream of the crop” in that conference. There is 3 maybe 4 better teams in there. According to maxpreps they are the 5th best MAC team. I don’t think Ironton will fall back 14-0 and have to believe they are quite a bit better than a 3 loss, 5th place MAC team. From everything I have seen, it’s highly unlikely Bacon wins this

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”