D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton 22 Roger Bacon 19

SpeedKillz

Re: D5 State Semi Finals - Ironton vs Roger Bacon

Post by SpeedKillz »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:59 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:49 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:05 pm

They may surprise me but I can’t see it. Again it’s from watching their game online.
RB has size & speed. They have a couple 6ft/6ft4 280/290 pound athletes on the los. They have a QB1 who is very accurate and tall. ( 6ft3) He's a pocket passer, but he makes mostly good decisions distributing the ball. Its likely he will see more pressure than he has in a few weeks saturday night. How he responds will sorta in my view, set the stage for Kiner. RB has good run blocking, and Kiner is fast and powerful w a big time stiff arm. If he slips the LB's, none of Irontons db's or safeties will make a one on one play on him. If Bacon and Kiner can beat Ironton to the edges, if QB1 can distribute efficiently enough to keep Irontons LB's honest and Kiner is able to get past that 2nd level & in space where Ironton secondary has to make plays, Ironton could get in trouble. RB also has a couple tall, 200 lbs + targets for QB1 & at least one of the kids ( forget the last name) is a playmaker on both sides. An all over the field kinda kid.

Ironton is correctly favored. But this game is not going to be easy. Not in my opinion.
PAGE 6 & TWO most competitive CRB Games Viewed:

Cincinnati Roger Bacon players to watch for outside of Kiner are THESE 3 very dangerous players that have all played QB & WR.
They interchange them as needed in the two games I’ve watched:

#8 Danny Hudepohl 6 foot 185 SR.

#15 Logan Huber 6’3” 172 Jr.

• #11 Ryan Hallau 6’4” 220 SR.

• this dude is ALL OVER THE FIELD. Probably the reason they beat Versailles. Made plays on both sides of the ball when needed. Nice size to receive & intercept football and did so in Versailles win. He has got to be managed & matched with size being a concern.
Hallau should be a big concern. Kid is big. He can motor. Has good hands & isnt shy about contact. All 3 kids are playmakers.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:59 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:47 am
In other words, Burg is the Catholic(est) non Catholic in that area?
In the whole state.
:lol: I get from these threads, that Ironton and Wheelersburg seem to not get along very well
Burg has jan brady syndrome. 😂

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:35 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:28 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:43 am

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. Doesn't matter who the coach was, Burg still owned them over that time frame. Right now, you have a one game winning streak against them. Let's see what happens next year.
Yabba, realize not every poster here is not trying to act like the tigers are better than anybody. like they're Gods or something. you look at our playoff information, it's actually quite staggering. why can't everybody just be happy we still have a team to root for down here. and as far as the one game winning streak comment. burg only beat ironton 3 times during bob Lutz's career from 72 to 07. yes, you all had our number with our previous staff. but I think things will be different as long as coach Pendleton is there. he has brought this team back to the level of the previous tiger teams. wheelersburg and ironton both had amazing years. I'm proud of both. but it would be nice to think others locally actually and genuinely are rooting for the tigers to win. because it shows if people are rootin and hatin at the same time. I'm not saying that is you. but just be proud to be part of the history of this series. past, present and future.
I like how you thinking Trigger Bait.
Not for nothin, and w respect to the older fans and the southern ohio comradere or whatever, it's gonna be a NO from me, dog.

When Burg loses I 😂😂😂😂😂😂!!!!!

It's like that & that's how it'll always be. Isiah & Magic ain't kissin at half court, Mike Burcham aint walking through that door, and the bitter pirate faithful are listening to Ironton football on the radio this week, a week after Ironton beat the team that blew out their candle. Just like last season. 2017 isnt anymore significant than 1989 in 2020. Its all about the present, and presently, Ironton is the class of the region. As well as its two time defending champ. A seperation is clear. Being honest isnt being impolite.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:31 am
cb_09 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:22 am
BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 am

In the whole state.
2020 competitive balance is literally equal between the two at 21.

Also by my count, 5 public school teams in DV have higher CB than those two.
That was what I found also. Both CB’s 21
I was going off last year's numbers which w'burg was the highest CB # from D4 to D7. Also, case and point, as the same with last year's playoff w'burg can't handle their own business and it takes Ironton to beat Ridgewood.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:48 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:28 am

Yabba, realize not every poster here is not trying to act like the tigers are better than anybody. like they're Gods or something. you look at our playoff information, it's actually quite staggering. why can't everybody just be happy we still have a team to root for down here. and as far as the one game winning streak comment. burg only beat ironton 3 times during bob Lutz's career from 72 to 07. yes, you all had our number with our previous staff. but I think things will be different as long as coach Pendleton is there. he has brought this team back to the level of the previous tiger teams. wheelersburg and ironton both had amazing years. I'm proud of both. but it would be nice to think others locally actually and genuinely are rooting for the tigers to win. because it shows if people are rootin and hatin at the same time. I'm not saying that is you. but just be proud to be part of the history of this series. past, present and future.
Not for nothin, and w respect to the older fans and the southern ohio comradere or whatever, it's gonna be a NO from me, dog.

It's like that & that's how it'll always be. Isiah & Magic ain't kissin at half court, Mike Burcham aint walking through that door, and the bitter pirate faithful are listening to Ironton football on the radio this week, a week after Ironton beat the team that blew out their candle. Just like last season. 2017 isnt anymore significant than 1989 in 2020. Its all about the present, and presently, Ironton is the class of the region. As well as its two time defending champ. A seperation is clear. Being honest isnt being impolite.

A seperation from what? Like I said, Burg OWNED Ironton 8 games in a row before last years game and I mean OWNED!!!!. Only one game out of those 8 were even close. The games were almost embarrassing but oh, that’s right, they were all during the Vass years. What a COS that statement was. Hell, there was even talk by a few Ironton posters on here wondering if Ironton should drop Burg or at least move them down in the schedule so they wouldn’t start out with a loss.

Keep thumping that chest buddy and believing Ironton is the cream of the crop again after two good years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's gameday baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I think the crux or the matter is, any team who has aspirations of being Region 19 Champions, for the foreseeable future, might as well make up their minds that they're going to have to face and defeat either Ironton or Wheelersburg and often times, both.

They are the Kings of The South

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

on a completely different subject. did anyone watch the d1 state game last night. cincy st. x, the bombers just obliterated the defending state champ Pickerington central tigers. it was a tee total explosion. I was shocked. and neither team had huge linemen over all. but they were very quick and tackled well. pic central is mostly a running team. and st. x's laterall pursuit was off the chains, and their run game just wasn't there. if I heard right the pic tiger defensive front 4 all had d1 schollies in college. and the st. x off. line controlled them very handily and was all juniors, and will be back next year. it seemed so strange watching a state d1 game in obetz. which I think is a Columbus suburb.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:10 am I think the crux or the matter is, any team who has aspirations of being Region 19 Champions, for the foreseeable future, might as well make up their minds that they're going to have to face and defeat either Ironton or Wheelersburg and often times, both.

They are the Kings of The South
good to see ya back tuck. go tigers

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Best of luck Tiger fans. Today is the day. I will be watching. Will have 3 games on. I watched 3 last night. The NB/LCC game was a treat. Go get ‘em and let’s try to get together in Columbus

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Counting down. Good luck to all teams
Attachments
E43FE342-67D1-4CFB-BF88-E526566D2EB4.jpeg

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:39 pm Counting down. Good luck to all teams
Good luck to Kirtland tonight, here’s hoping for a rematch. May both teams take care of business tonight without any injuries.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:00 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:48 pm

A seperation from what? Like I said, Burg OWNED Ironton 8 games in a row before last years game and I mean OWNED!!!!. Only one game out of those 8 were even close. The games were almost embarrassing but oh, that’s right, they were all during the Vass years. What a COS that statement was. Hell, there was even talk by a few Ironton posters on here wondering if Ironton should drop Burg or at least move them down in the schedule so they wouldn’t start out with a loss.

Keep thumping that chest buddy and believing Ironton is the cream of the crop again after two good years.
You gotta admit the Pirates dodged one this year due to the Coronavirus or it would have been 2 in a row, and if they would have beaten Ridgewood it would have been 3 in a row. 😁

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good luck Ironton

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Good luck Tigers from FF Cadet Country.

buckeye678
Waterboy

Post by buckeye678 »

Are they streaming this game?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Come'on Tigers. You and Bloom-Carroll gotta represent tonight and keep these other 2 Catholic schools out of the title games. They already have the D1 title and are playing in the finals in D2, D3 and D7. SEO has a chance to keep'em out of D4 and D5. Go Tigers, Go Bulldogs !!!!! :twisted: :evil:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

buckeye678 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:37 pm Are they streaming this game?
OHSAA.tv. Free if you have Spectrum. $9.99 per game if you don’t

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:39 pm Counting down. Good luck to all teams
Good luck to Kirtland tonight, here’s hoping for a rematch. May both teams take care of business tonight without any injuries.
Thanks to all. I will be watching you guys. Go get this thing done and we will try to as well

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

Good Luck Tigers!

Return to “Football”