OG Cain Madden -Minford, Marshall, NFL....

vladimir
S

OG Cain Madden -Minford, Marshall, NFL....

Post by vladimir »

After being named first-team RG to Pro-Football's Focus All-American OL along with LG Notre Dame's Aaron Banks, Marshall's Cain Madden was selected to the AP 2nd team All American list. Cain was also on the watchlist for the Outland trophy which is the Heisman equivalent for NCAA interior Offensive lineman. Great Job Cain, I personally cannot wait to watch you play on Sundays.

https://herdzone.com/news/2020/12/28/fo ... rican.aspx
Last edited by vladimir on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: OG Cain Madden -Minford, Marshall, NFL....

Post by Omega »

Congratulations to the young man. His success lifts awareness of SEO high school football and improves opportunity for others.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is he the one that played basketball also? I don’t think that wa his name. That kid had a Sunday frame as well. What was that kid’s name. Seems like 5-6 years ago he was playing for Minford.

This Madden kid is tearing it up! Great work

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

South Webster also claiming Mr. Madden! From what I was told, he started playing football in pee wees at Webster (still lives there) and then transferred to Minford when Webster discontinued its pee wee football program. Gotta think he has a real shot at making an NFL roster. Great to see local kids doing big things*

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kid is an absolute stud

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:33 am Is he the one that played basketball also? I don’t think that wa his name. That kid had a Sunday frame as well. What was that kid’s name. Seems like 5-6 years ago he was playing for Minford.

I don't think so
that kid went to Ohio U

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm South Webster also claiming Mr. Madden! From what I was told, he started playing football in pee wees at Webster (still lives there) and then transferred to Minford when Webster discontinued its pee wee football program. Gotta think he has a real shot at making an NFL roster. Great to see local kids doing big things*
Played pee wee at East then went to Minford. Good kid and has worked his tail off. Scioto County should be proud of him.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

JTEK wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:49 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:33 am Is he the one that played basketball also? I don’t think that wa his name. That kid had a Sunday frame as well. What was that kid’s name. Seems like 5-6 years ago he was playing for Minford.

I don't think so
that kid went to Ohio U
Thanks...for my sanity do you know his name?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Tartanblue wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:15 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 pm South Webster also claiming Mr. Madden! From what I was told, he started playing football in pee wees at Webster (still lives there) and then transferred to Minford when Webster discontinued its pee wee football program. Gotta think he has a real shot at making an NFL roster. Great to see local kids doing big things*
Played pee wee at East then went to Minford. Good kid and has worked his tail off. Scioto County should be proud of him.
Thanks for clarifying...awesome story all the way around. Started out as a walk-on and leaves as an All-American!*

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:33 pm

I don't think so
that kid went to Ohio U
https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/s ... tart-at-ou

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I don't think so
that kid went to Ohio U
Jared McCray

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

falcon1 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:18 pm

I don't think so
that kid went to Ohio U
Jared McCray
There it is lol

Good Luck and congrats to Cain Madden

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:D Not that any of this matters, he played pee-wee at East and transferred to Minford at the beginning of his 7th-grade year, and graduated from Minford. Regardless of where he grew up and graduated, ALL of Scioto county and SE-Ohio should be proud of him.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Also didn’t have any scholarship offers til after the north/south all star game from what I am told. Heck of a story. Good kid too. Hope he does well.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I’m wanting to say he was a preferred walk on at marshal
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

fbnut wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm I’m wanting to say he was a preferred walk on at marshal
He was set to go WV-Wesleyan and was granted a walk-on tryout with the Thundering Herd. This was due to an introduction by one of Minford coaches (Frazie) that played DB for Marshall in the early 2000s. Yes, the film of the Ohio All-Star game where he dominated an OSU OL 3 or 4-star recruit certainly helped matters. He subsequently was granted a redshirt, but to my knowledge, he was never a 'preferred walk-on.' Maybe he was granted that later. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and this is a great story about a kid that never gave up on himself worked hard, and now is an NCAA All-American.
Last edited by vladimir on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:29 pm
fbnut wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:19 pm I’m wanting to say he was a preferred walk on at marshal
He was set to go WV-Wesleyan and was granted a walk-on tryout with the Thundering Herd due to one of Minford coaches (Frazie) that played DB for Marshall in the early 2000s. Yes, the film of the Ohio All Star game where he dominated an OSU recruit certainly helped. He subsequently was granted a redshirt, but to my knowledge, he was never a 'preferred walk-on.' Maybe he was granted that later. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and this is a great story about a kid that never gave up on himself worked hard, and now is an NCAA All-American.
I remember him well when minford played burg. Burg had a pretty good lineman back then, I can’t think of his name, but he could hardly handle him.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

wobycat wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:43 pm
He was set to go WV-Wesleyan and was granted a walk-on tryout with the Thundering Herd due to one of Minford coaches (Frazie) that played DB for Marshall in the early 2000s. Yes, the film of the Ohio All Star game where he dominated an OSU recruit certainly helped. He subsequently was granted a redshirt, but to my knowledge, he was never a 'preferred walk-on.' Maybe he was granted that later. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and this is a great story about a kid that never gave up on himself worked hard, and now is an NCAA All-American.
I remember him well when minford played burg. Burg had a pretty good lineman back then, I can’t think of his name, but he could hardly handle him.
Having coached him in Jr. high, he was a man amongst boys back then. I never witnessed a kid that could cave a whole side of an OL line in the way he did. At the college level, I always imagined him being a 1-technique NG in a 40-set, but I guess Marshall had other plans and it's worked out for the best for him.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

He was set to go WV-Wesleyan and was granted a walk-on tryout with the Thundering Herd. This was due to an introduction by one of Minford coaches (Frazie) that played DB for Marshall in the early 2000s. Yes, the film of the Ohio All-Star game where he dominated an OSU OL 3 or 4-star recruit certainly helped matters. He subsequently was granted a redshirt, but to my knowledge, he was never a 'preferred walk-on.' Maybe he was granted that later. Nevertheless, it is what it is, and this is a great story about a kid that never gave up on himself worked hard, and now is an NCAA All-American.
So when did he earn his scholarship?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

https://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/s ... t-marshall
Found this, looks like he earned his scholarship the end of his 3rd yr (redshirt sophomore year)
Congrats to the young man

Return to “Football”