Ironton Tiger Nate Cochran

TigerMania
JV Team

Ironton Tiger Nate Cochran

Post by TigerMania »

How come this kid is not getting recruited? He has started since he was a freshmen and is best defensive linemen on this area. Really curious with his size and athleticism as well as his tapes, something is definitely wrong?

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton Tiger Nate Cochran

Post by wobycat »

Perhaps he doesn’t want to go to college to play football. Having a kid play college and having friends who played in college, I can tell you it’s not for everyone. It seems that ironton coaching staff is relishing in the fact that they have a couple of kids being recruited. Why all the announcing from their social media? Kids get recruited at every school if they are talented enough? It has the feeling of a dog and pony show. The Cochran kid is really good but he may not want to go to college and play. That’s probably a good question to ask him.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:59 am Perhaps he doesn’t want to go to college to play football. Having a kid play college and having friends who played in college, I can tell you it’s not for everyone. It seems that ironton coaching staff is relishing in the fact that they have a couple of kids being recruited. Why all the announcing from their social media? Kids get recruited at every school if they are talented enough? It has the feeling of a dog and pony show. The Cochran kid is really good but he may not want to go to college and play. That’s probably a good question to ask him.
Woby,

Where are all these scholarship athletes you speak of. The jealousy of the Ironton program is real. Every program in Ohio that has kids get scholarships post the same thing. But you tend to bash Ironton for doing it cause in reality your worried. Wheelersburg’s short run of being the premiere program in southern part of state is over and the fan base is having a very difficult time coming to grips with that. Btw, Can you tell me the last D1 scholarship football player to come from Wheelersburg. Maybe to get that part of the program going they should hire the Softball coach. She’s sent some kids to major college programs.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

XandOs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:59 am Perhaps he doesn’t want to go to college to play football. Having a kid play college and having friends who played in college, I can tell you it’s not for everyone. It seems that ironton coaching staff is relishing in the fact that they have a couple of kids being recruited. Why all the announcing from their social media? Kids get recruited at every school if they are talented enough? It has the feeling of a dog and pony show. The Cochran kid is really good but he may not want to go to college and play. That’s probably a good question to ask him.
Woby,

Where are all these scholarship athletes you speak of. The jealousy of the Ironton program is real. Every program in Ohio that has kids get scholarships post the same thing. But you tend to bash Ironton for doing it cause in reality your worried. Wheelersburg’s short run of being the premiere program in southern part of state is over and the fan base is having a very difficult time coming to grips with that. Btw, Can you tell me the last D1 scholarship football player to come from Wheelersburg. Maybe to get that part of the program going they should hire the Softball coach. She’s sent some kids to major college programs.
Many of Wheelersburg's athletes who run the football field, are also star athletes in other sports which so happen to be their specialty... I can think of one reallllllllyyyy big example of this too...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 pm
Woby,

Where are all these scholarship athletes you speak of. The jealousy of the Ironton program is real. Every program in Ohio that has kids get scholarships post the same thing. But you tend to bash Ironton for doing it cause in reality your worried. Wheelersburg’s short run of being the premiere program in Our part of state is over and the fan base is having a very difficult time coming to grips with that. Btw, just curious... Can you make me the last D1 scholarship football player to come from Wheelersburg. Maybe to get that part of the program going they should hire the Softball coach. She’s sent some kids to major college programs.
Absolutely no jealousy at all. In fact, I could care less. I promise you I’m not the only one with that opinion including non burg fans. Burg hasn’t had many true D1 players come through. Tanner Holden would have been if he chose that sport, but that’s the only one that I know of because it doesn’t get reported by the wheelersburg coaching staff on their social media. I did hear from a friend that the Richardson kid was approached by several small D1 schools but I don’t think he’s interested.
What’s impressive is what burg has been able to do with not having that many high level players.

As far as others in the area, lol tons in the last ten to 15 years

Cain madden minford - Marshall still playing
Antonio Malone- Portsmouth - played for packers
Blaine Scott - east - WVU still playing
Tyler Gerald- east - Ohio state - was going to be great

I’m sure there are more I can’t think of right now

The truth is neither ironton and burg are premier teams. Ironton at one time could have laid claim to that in the 80s and 90s But two state championships for both burg and ironton is admirable but not in the ball park of cold water, kirtland, Marion local, or Amanda clear creek for that matter. So until I see that resume, I would keep my tiger roar to a minimum.

I think it’s great that some kids are being looked at but the topic was about a specific kid who I think is really good. He’s the only one that stood out in the championship game. But again he may not want to go to college.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I agree about the state game, but anyone that watches Ironton Football the last several years knows that Nate Cochran is a special talent. Maybe he doesn’t want to play college football, but if he does I don’t see why he is not getting the exposure that other kids are getting, because he is a D1 prospect for sure.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 pm [quote=XandOs post_id=<a href="tel:1919273">1919273</a> time=<a href="tel:1612890239">1612890239</a> user_id=17160]
[quote=wobycat post_id=<a href="tel:1919250">1919250</a> time=<a href="tel:1612882747">1612882747</a> user_id=123]
Perhaps he doesn’t want to go to college to play football. Having a kid play college and having friends who played in college, I can tell you it’s not for everyone. It seems that ironton coaching staff is relishing in the fact that they have a couple of kids being recruited. Why all the announcing from their social media? Kids get recruited at every school if they are talented enough? It has the feeling of a dog and pony show. The Cochran kid is really good but he may not want to go to college and play. That’s probably a good question to ask him.
Woby,

Where are all these scholarship athletes you speak of. The jealousy of the Ironton program is real. Every program in Ohio that has kids get scholarships post the same thing. But you tend to bash Ironton for doing it cause in reality your worried. Wheelersburg’s short run of being the premiere program in Our part of state is over and the fan base is having a very difficult time coming to grips with that. Btw, just curious... Can you make me the last D1 scholarship football player to come from Wheelersburg. Maybe to get that part of the program going they should hire the Softball coach. She’s sent some kids to major college programs.
[/quote]

Absolutely no jealousy at all. In fact, I could care less. I promise you I’m not the only one with that opinion including non burg fans. Burg hasn’t had many true D1 players come through. Tanner Holden would have been if he chose that sport, but that’s the only one that I know of because it doesn’t get reported by the wheelersburg coaching staff on their social media. I did hear from a friend that the Richardson kid was approached by several small D1 schools but I don’t think he’s interested.
What’s impressive is what burg has been able to do with not having that many high level players.

As far as others in the area, lol tons in the last ten to 15 years

Cain madden minford - Marshall still playing
Antonio Malone- Portsmouth - played for packers
Blaine Scott - east - WVU still playing
Tyler Gerald- east - Ohio state - was going to be great

I’m sure there are more I can’t think of right now

The truth is neither ironton and burg are premier teams. Ironton at one time could have laid claim to that in the 80s and 90s But two state championships for both burg and ironton is admirable but not in the ball park of cold water, kirtland, Marion local, or Amanda clear creek for that matter. So until I see that resume, I would keep my tiger roar to a minimum.

I think it’s great that some kids are being looked at but the topic was about a specific kid who I think is really good. He’s the only one that stood out in the championship game. But again he may not want to go to college.
[/quote]

Maybe the kids at Wheelersburg are just as good as the kids getting scholarship offers they just aren’t being pushed by the coaching staff.

The kids you talked about that went D1 are all LINEMAN other than Malone and that was 2001. 20 years ago. One of the kids you also mentioned had to walk on and earn it his own way. Ironton had as good a run in the 70s,80s and 90s as any of the teams you mentioned. They are tied for 2nd all time in playoff app. With 36/37. They have also played in 10 state championships in 49 years. That’s 1 out of every 5. The tournament started in 1972. Once again you show your jealousy for Ironton. I think the new staff at Ironton is going to go on a tear and form the next dynasty. They have done a lot in 3 years. Compare Pendleton’s first 3 years against anyone in the state and I bet your surprised including the teams and coaches you mentioned.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I think it’s funny how all of these non Tiger fans troll Irontons Social media to keep up with the Fighting Tigers and get on here and complain about the Coaching Staff putting out info on it, simple, don’t follow it lol.

I think Nate will get some offers, he’s an excellent Linemen and a beast.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

All these posts lead back to Carrico and Ohio State. Did he not get offered by OSU after his sophomore year? Which means he had been in this staffs system for what, less than a year? What was Ironton that season 7-5?
That and the list Woby put on here should tell you all you need to know (East with 2 D1's. One signed by OSU and one by WVU). If you are talented enough (have the measurables) they will find you. Especially if you camp.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Explain the kids that got offers since him? I know they’ve got 2 on roster right now with D1 offers. Must just be coincidence. Some of you posters amaze me. Jealousy is eating at you. It’s crazy how a young Coach can take a job and in 3 years take them to 2 state championships. All the great coaches that have coached this game. The list is very small for their first 3 years to do what’s been done in Ironton.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:18 pm Explain the kids that got offers since him? I know they’ve got 2 on roster right now with D1 offers. Must just be coincidence. Some of you posters amaze me. Jealousy is eating at you. It’s crazy how a young Coach can take a job and in 3 years take them to 2 state championships. All the great coaches that have coached this game. The list is very small for their first 3 years to do what’s been done in Ironton.
:lol: No one is jealous of loud noises. And by the way the three D1’s on the team got blanked by a team that had zero d1s. Let’s not get too excited. Just because the other coaches aren’t blowing up social media everytime one of their talented players gets some sort of offer or look doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

By the way, Austin Pleasant from coal grove says hi. As does will futhey from waverly

I can explain why he went to state. He had a great class of athletes and added 6 transfers that played!

Your reply indicates that the coaching staff in our area are subpar compared to ironton when that could be nothing but far far from the truth.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Honestly I derailed the main topic with my dog and pony show comment. It’s my opinion but it doesn’t belong on this thread.

Good luck to the kid whether he chooses college football or not.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

XandOs wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:18 pm Explain the kids that got offers since him? I know they’ve got 2 on roster right now with D1 offers. Must just be coincidence. Some of you posters amaze me. Jealousy is eating at you. It’s crazy how a young Coach can take a job and in 3 years take them to 2 state championships. All the great coaches that have coached this game. The list is very small for their first 3 years to do what’s been done in Ironton.
You do know that Jerrod and Trevon Pendleton went to West, right? If its not bad enough they are from Wheelersburg's rival, now they are coaching big brother.

Back on topic, which some on here probably dont remember, I believe Nate is a special football player. When he turns it on, he sometimes cant be blocked. I tend to agree with some posters on here, maybe he doesnt have college aspirations. Or maybe he is a bit under what many D1's want on the height chart. All i know is that he is a great football player and Im glad he plays for Ironton.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Any news on Nate? Not taking away from the other kids, but this kid deserves some recognition and it is not hard to see it!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

What are Cochran’s measurables (height/weight/40 time etc.)? He is a great high school player for sure (best Ironton player on field in state champ game from what I saw), but for a defensive tackle, he better be at least 6’3, 275 and able to move, if he looking to go D1.

Like others have said, maybe he just not interested in playing at next level. But whether it D1 or not, he definitely has the talent to keep playing beyond high school.*

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I hear some schools have been talking to him, not sure who all yet.

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

Have any of you heard of Ed Thompson . Do your homework 🇺🇸🏉

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:13 pm
You do know that Jerrod and Trevon Pendleton went to West, right? If its not bad enough they are from Wheelersburg's rival, now they are coaching big brother.

Back on topic, which some on here probably dont remember, I believe Nate is a special football player. When he turns it on, he sometimes cant be blocked. I tend to agree with some posters on here, maybe he doesnt have college aspirations. Or maybe he is a bit under what many D1's want on the height chart. All i know is that he is a great football player and Im glad he plays for Ironton.
Weren't they playing at west via Northwest?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If you are talented enough, and exposed via different camps, you'll get the offers. Best wishes to all wishing to playing at the next level.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironton has sent some good ball players to major universities.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us

Return to “Football”