Post by mattash »

Tigers are loaded

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mrwonderful
Varsity

Re: Ironton over Cabell Midland 42-28

Post by mrwonderful »

Starters played 1st half for both teams....Played pretty much like a real game with 1st downs...Ironton never punted..Midland Punted one time..Not an actual punt.....half ended 21-21. Neither defense could stop the other offense.... Fun game to watch with both defenses getting smoked. I was surprised because usually the defense is ahead of the offense early on... Back and forth game...Midland took the ball at 25 yard line to start the game and pounded the ball right up the gut in 5 plays to score...hen Ironton did the same.......pretty evenly matched I thought.....Midland scored right before half on a pass play to tie the game....

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Midland is usually pretty good aren’t they? So a tough test for ironton. I could be wrong about them. I don’t know much about West Virginia football.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Midland is the pre-season #1 team in the state of WV in AAA. Midland has about 10 times the student population as Ironton.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Cabell would be D1 in Ohio.Usually top ten big school in W.Va.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Think of Cabell as being on par with Lancaster, or possibly a couple touchdowns better than Sycamore (who Ironton played last year.)

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Did Ironton’s starting qb play?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Nope

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Is he hurt?

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:38 pm Did Ironton’s starting qb play?

Who has taken most of the snaps in the two scrimmages?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Could be wrong,but probably Jon Wylie Soph.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I have had to work so haven’t made it to either scrimmage but I thought the masters kid was going to play some QB

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:31 am Could be wrong,but probably Jon Wylie Soph.
On MaxPreps.com Wylie has uploaded video of him playing QB. Throwing bombs. Evading & scampering.
You can access said videos by going to his name on IRONTON HIGH SCHOOL FB MAIN page in MaxPreps.com & select roster.

Go to his name & then select videos. There are several uploaded from cabell midland scrimmage.

Not sure of any of his relatives, but IHS had another Wylie at QB & he was a great athlete that Led IHS @ Qb To final four where we lost to Versailles after dominating first 3Q’s & just barely losing in final minutes. I was there and clearly remember. I also knew his father well, but not sure if this is now his son or a blood /marital relative following in his footsteps..

This was in 1995 & the tigers were a 3 loss squad, loosing to Bellaire in a regular season Saturday day game, which was very talented & in return Versailles defeated Bellaire in state championship game to keep a perfect record.

I’m not sure if cabell midland scrimmage videos of this QB with last name of Wylie was the starting QB OR if they’re JV videos of him playing QB & end of game.

If anyone was there and can verify, that’d be great.

#GotGo

Regardless. He’s talented & IHS is in good hands with him at QB or ANYwhere on the field.

Optimism must rule the day for IHS right now & they’ve got some players ready to go!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:47 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:31 am Could be wrong,but probably Jon Wylie Soph.
On MaxPreps.com Wylie has uploaded video of him playing QB. Throwing bombs. Evading & scampering.
You can access said videos by going to his name on IRONTON HIGH SCHOOL FB MAIN page in MaxPreps.com & select roster.

Go to his name & then select videos. There are several uploaded from cabell midland scrimmage.

Not sure of any of his relatives, but IHS had another Wylie at QB & he was a great athlete that Led IHS @ Qb To final four where we lost to Versailles after dominating first 3Q’s & just barely losing in final minutes. I was there and clearly remember. I also knew his father well, but not sure if this is now his son or a blood /marital relative following in his footsteps..

This was in 1995 & the tigers were a 3 loss squad, loosing to Bellaire in a regular season Saturday day game, which was very talented & in return defeated Bellaire in state championship game to keep a perfect record.

I’m not sure if cabell midland scrimmage videos of this QB with last name of Wylie was the starting QB OR if they’re JV videos of him playing QB & end of game.

If anyone was there and can verify, that’d be great.

#GotGo

Regardless. He’s talented & IHS is in good hands with him at QB or ANYwhere on the field.

Optimism must rule the day for IHS right now & they’ve got some players ready to go!!!
He was a good athlete last year. He will be fine.

Return to “Football”