Unioto @ Vinton County week 1

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Unioto @ Vinton County week 1

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Saw Unioto’s scrimmage and the team has some potential. Defense looks much improved up from and has some players who will make big names. Offense was weapons but the line struggled at time and some inexperience at QB. Not sure how good VC is but this one could be interesting

Bumpy
Freshman Team

Re: Unioto @ Vinton County week 1

Post by Bumpy »

Talent is similar for both teams, this will be a one score game either way. Fewest turnovers probably wins it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BMG Media Vinton County will be streaming this game live on Facebook and YouTube for those who can’t attend.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck Vikings from Raider Country!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:42 am Good luck Vikings from Raider Country!
Yes, and from the other TVC Ohio teams too.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Is VC's field at the high school

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:49 pm Is VC's field at the high school
Yes

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the VC team this year. New coach, new system, new style. Buy in from the kids is always a good place to start and as from my understanding that is what's occurring.

With that said I am glad things are slowly returning to normal and it'll be nice to see stadiums filled again. In my opinion, this game will tell us about VC's potential for the year on if this is that 7-3, 8-2 team people are mentioning or if we see more of the same. Whomever wins the turnover battle will be victorious Friday night. Pulling for VC and will gladly eat crow for being wrong in my next sentence.

Heart says VC, brain says Unioto.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BMG Media Vinton County partnering with the Viking RedZone will be streaming all 6 VC home games this fall beginning with Unioto. Here’s our test and tune session from tonight.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I pick VC to win the TO game at home…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Good luck to the Vikings!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Vikings

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Vc should handle this game comfortably if they play like they should. Unioto is young with only 4-5 seniors and Vc’s senior class is LOADED with athletes. Unioto struggled defensively last year. Unless they shoot themselves in the foot, VC should take this by 2 scores.
Last edited by VC94 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Union Local Kid wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:59 pm I'm not entirely sure what to think of the VC team this year. New coach, new system, new style. Buy in from the kids is always a good place to start and as from my understanding that is what's occurring.

With that said I am glad things are slowly returning to normal and it'll be nice to see stadiums filled again. In my opinion, this game will tell us about VC's potential for the year on if this is that 7-3, 8-2 team people are mentioning or if we see more of the same. Whomever wins the turnover battle will be victorious Friday night. Pulling for VC and will gladly eat crow for being wrong in my next sentence.

Heart says VC, brain says Unioto.
I like my crow fried and heavily salted please.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Congrats to the vikes!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win Vikes

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Good win VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

We got the win but it was UGLY. Our offense looked bad. I believe we had 98 yards total offense and still pulled out the win. We couldn’t move the ball the first half at all. Thanks to the Unioto mistakes we were able to pull it out.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 pm We got the win but it was UGLY. Our offense looked bad. I believe we had 98 yards total offense and still pulled out the win. We couldn’t move the ball the first half at all. Thanks to the Unioto mistakes we were able to pull it out.
We had 157 yards of offense and Unioto’s only score came on a broken play with 25 seconds to go in the first half. Defensively I thought VC played great. Bend but didn’t break. We also drove right down the field on the first possession and scored a touchdown. You also should keep in mind that we beat a team that will win at least 6 games and make the playoffs. So I consider that a solid win.

VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 pm We got the win but it was UGLY. Our offense looked bad. I believe we had 98 yards total offense and still pulled out the win. We couldn’t move the ball the first half at all. Thanks to the Unioto mistakes we were able to pull it out.
We had 157 yards of offense and Unioto’s only score came on a broken play with 25 seconds to go in the first half. Defensively I thought VC played great. Bend but didn’t break. We also drove right down the field on the first possession and scored a touchdown. You also should keep in mind that we beat a team that will win at least 6 games and make the playoffs. So I consider that a solid win.
Hey, a win is a win and were 1-0 which is great. Im not going to argue whether we had 157 of offense or 100, neither is great but it got the job done i guess. And with 12 teams going to the playoffs now Unioto might squeeze in, but that is the weakest Unioto team I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t see them winning 6 games, even in the svc. You can say it was a defensive battle but i think it was a sloppy game against two teams that aren’t very good yet. I just expected more with the upperclassman we have, especially the senior class. On a high note, we have crooksville coming to town which is good for about 1-2 wins a year. We’ll be 2-0 heading in to week 3!

Return to “Football”