WK 1: Reigning Academy 6 @ Fort Frye 49 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 1: Reigning Academy @ Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:49 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:36 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 pm Was Clinton-Massie considered a ‘reach’ competitively, hence the no-schedule? They’ve been open week 1 this entire time.
Fort Frye already has one of toughest schedules playing at a Powerhouse D4 school like Clinton Massie early In the year just wasn’t a good idea. Fort Frye has 32 players and already is playing 2 D2 teams , Lima Central and Trimble.
While I respect the idea that CM would be overkill on top of that schedule, reading FF posters over time lambast Shenandoah and other nearby small schools for not wanting to play seems rich by comparison.

Anyways, I’m inclined to agree with the other poster. Playing Reigning Thunder is really pointless. Not uncommon for RT to have players that should’ve graduated high school on their squad. A few years ago they had a 20 year old on the team.

Shenandoah and Fort Frye have been playing for 50 years.
I don’t see the comparison in Fort/Doah both D6 about 30 mins away and Clinton Massie D4 (3 hours away).

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:49 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:36 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:01 pm Was Clinton-Massie considered a ‘reach’ competitively, hence the no-schedule? They’ve been open week 1 this entire time.
Fort Frye already has one of toughest schedules playing at a Powerhouse D4 school like Clinton Massie early In the year just wasn’t a good idea. Fort Frye has 32 players and already is playing 2 D2 teams , Lima Central and Trimble.
While I respect the idea that CM would be overkill on top of that schedule, reading FF posters over time lambast Shenandoah and other nearby small schools for not wanting to play seems rich by comparison.

Anyways, I’m inclined to agree with the other poster. Playing Reigning Thunder is really pointless. Not uncommon for RT to have players that should’ve graduated high school on their squad. A few years ago they had a 20 year old on the team.
Shenandoah is in our division. How exactly are they a small school and we are not. We are a d6 team playing many schools larger than us. How exactly is calling out a longtime conference foe dropping us lambasting? Particularly when we are in the same division?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I give Belpre a pass for dropping us because they really wanted to play Warren.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye never left or dismantled a conference to get out of playing anybody.

Posters never want to come on Fort Frye threads to say good things about them. It's always to bash whoever they're playing. It's just tired.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

This group of Srs has never lost a game in the reg season. Cadets are on a 33 game Reg season winning streak. Have not lost since week 2 2017.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

FF should play one series with their starters then let the JV finish them. Maybe one quarter, maybe. Avoid a fluke injury to a key player that ruins that kids year. I get they need real time game reps, but is this a real game and is it worth it? Just my opinion.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Shame Fort has to play games like this because others won’t play them. Will be an easy win tho. Just hope no injuries.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Reigning Academy plays some big schools. I’m sure they are used to games like this.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 pm FF should play one series with their starters then let the JV finish them. Maybe one quarter, maybe. Avoid a fluke injury to a key player that ruins that kids year. I get they need real time game reps, but is this a real game and is it worth it? Just my opinion.
Yes, and Trimble should do the same against Miller when they play them. Think they will? :o

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

MarauderMadness wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:32 am
BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:20 pm FF should play one series with their starters then let the JV finish them. Maybe one quarter, maybe. Avoid a fluke injury to a key player that ruins that kids year. I get they need real time game reps, but is this a real game and is it worth it? Just my opinion.
Yes, and Trimble should do the same against Miller when they play them. Think they will? :o
Never know. Uncle Phil may rest his troops for Vinton County. They ain’t no slump of a team. I would say Miller is a taller task than RA. Lol.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:37 am
Never know. Uncle Phil may rest his troops for Vinton County. They ain’t no slump of a team. I would say Miller is a taller task than RA. Lol.
That’s debatable

Btw Fort Frye plays a way tougher schedule than Trimble.

St Henry
@Zanesville
Warren
Lima Central on neutral
Logan

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Look at the sizes of the schools RA plays.
Attachments
AAA23A1F-8966-4E30-BFE9-61A88A129072.jpeg

MarauderMadness
JV Team

It's just interesting to me that people on here are full of advise for what other schools should do, but when their school is in a similar situation they don't feel the same. :lol:

MarauderMadness
JV Team

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 pm

That’s debatable

Btw Fort Frye plays a way tougher schedule than Trimble.

St Henry
@Zanesville
Warren
Lima Central on neutral
Logan
D'spy isn't it funny that people are quick to be critical of and to give advice to FF, but when their school is in a similar situation they don't seem to feel the same way about it? :lol:

hannancoach
JV Team

Post by hannancoach »

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:43 pm

It's just interesting to me that people on here are full of advise for what other schools should do, but when their school is in a similar situation they don't feel the same. :lol:
Yea kind of like everyone on here telling Logan and Hannan to join a league but then get quiet when we ask to join their league. Guess they skeert of a little competition. Typical SEO football. :mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye has a great line and 2 of the best Rbs in the area in “Downtown” Owen Brown and Maeson “Crazy Legs “ Long.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I just want to say I admire what RA has did. Giving kids a 2nd chance that would normally not get to play football.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:04 pm Look at the sizes of the schools RA plays.
Respectable, but they are kind of strapped to play them kind of schools being in the same area ain’t they? Being a club team, I don’t imagine they have the transportation that other public schools have. I could be wrong?

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

MarauderMadness wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Never said I didn’t feel the same way? I said FF should play a series, maybe a quarter then save their stars from injury. Said the same thing about Trimble vs Miller. How’s that not feeling the same way??

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:04 pm Look at the sizes of the schools RA plays.
Respectable, but they are kind of strapped to play them kind of schools being in the same area ain’t they? Being a club team, I don’t imagine they have the transportation that other public schools have. I could be wrong?

Yea they had to figure of transportation just to get this game on this week. It’s taken care of now.

Return to “Football”