News Story On Ironton's Trevor Carter

Omega
SEOPS H

News Story On Ironton's Trevor Carter

Post by Omega »

From the Huntington Herald Dispatch:

Ironton football standout Trevor Carter said he likely will miss the 2021 high school football season.

A shoulder injury has sidelined the 6-foot-2, 205-pound junior linebacker regarded as one of the premier recruits in the country in the Class of 2023.

"I'm probably taking the year off to rehab and get stronger," Carter said.

The recruiting website 247sports rated Carter the No. 4 player in Ohio, the 10th-best linebacker in the nation and the 114th player nationally, giving him four stars on a five-star scale.

Carter owns scholarship offers from Akron, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Toledo, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb6dd.html

Truth should always triumph over rumors.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
SpeedKillz

Re: News Story On Ironton's Trevor Carter

Post by SpeedKillz »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:03 pm From the Huntington Herald Dispatch:

Ironton football standout Trevor Carter said he likely will miss the 2021 high school football season.

A shoulder injury has sidelined the 6-foot-2, 205-pound junior linebacker regarded as one of the premier recruits in the country in the Class of 2023.

"I'm probably taking the year off to rehab and get stronger," Carter said.

The recruiting website 247sports rated Carter the No. 4 player in Ohio, the 10th-best linebacker in the nation and the 114th player nationally, giving him four stars on a five-star scale.

Carter owns scholarship offers from Akron, Arkansas, Boston College, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami (Ohio), Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Toledo, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb6dd.html

Truth should always triumph over rumors.
Finally

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good luck to him on his recovery!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I removed the last thread on this. Probably do it again. Let’s move on. He’s not playing. Let him be a kid and figure it out. He may decide to play soccer next year or join the band or not even play anything and concentrate on his studies. Whatever he does, I’m sure it will be what he wants to do.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:21 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:35 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:07 am I removed the last thread on this. Probably do it again. Let’s move on. He’s not playing. Let him be a kid and figure it out. He may decide to play soccer next year or join the band or not even play anything and concentrate on his studies. Whatever he does, I’m sure it will be what he wants to do.
See cmon thats nonsense. So anybody and everybody can talk all about what school a kid is visiting this weekend and what a kids family is like, but we can't question a story or a narrative from a sports perspective? That shows me this demographic isnt prepared to prepare these kids for the spotlight they are asking them to strive for cause guess what? Big national recruit. Big attention. Brighter the lights, the more scrutiny. Nobody says a word about a kids privacy when he is an inner city kid but somehow Kyle & Karens boy gets the kid gloves? Sh*t. You knew every last morsel of kids like Carlos Snow and that was before social media and self promotion on tap. He wasn't as protected. And thats just facts. At any rate. Its a story and the questions are valid and relative to the game. Imo censoring analysis doesn't help anyone. Is the kid gonna be a nationally ranked recruit or not? Cause if so, comes with the territory. The IMG kids would lmao at this rn. Seriously. OJ Mayos life was analyzed and disected from the time he was in 6th grade. Randy Moss was locally demonized unfairly when he was just a kid. On and On and On. Starting to sound like SEO wants their kids to get the deer in the headlights look the 1st time they have to venture out of the secure confines of seo. Dont say ya kids are as valid as any other when ya trying to shelter em from reality.

Fact is this is suspect. The article in HD is suspect. The handling is suspect. The silence is suspect. All of it is reasonably questionable. And its relevant to the game. Ya cant not discuss it because in or out it is a factor. If were gonna start censoring variables may as well just eliminate the entire discussion. The point will have been lost.
This is the only post you have ever made that I agree with. And just to clear things up I am a 100 percent an outsider. I am not a Burg fan at all, and think its hilarious reading Burg posters bash on Itown over things that they have been doing for years, and are too delusional to realize how hypocritical they are.

Having said that, what is going on over in Lawrence County right now is not good. This story is fishy. And it does seem more like more is going on than what they want the rest of the world to know. I am not gonna throw names out. But I know first hand accounts from at least 2 West kids that have talked to people from there while out and about. Im not exactly sure of what "recruiting" is defined as in Ohio High School Football. But, "needing some West Side blood up here", with the promises of playing for state championships and finding housing for them, is pretty close to me. I know we are in a different time. Things have changed tremendously in 10 years, but that doesn't make things right.
Can you explain how burg has been bringing in players in high school to play for their team? And who are the players?

Ironton is doing things “different” right now and everyone knows it.

But we need to keep in mind that these are kids regardless of what’s going on. It’s public high school football. Let’s not make it a grander than what it is.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

GalliaTribe wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:45 pm
gobucs20 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:54 am What has Coach Pendleton said to address this? Looks like he would want to put rumors to rest if nothing more than an injury was going on here.
He likes posting everything else on social media. Why not this situation? Why take another team photo? Come on people they think we are stupid. Something is wrong in Ironton and if they coach don’t address this situation makes it look even worse on him.
Why does anyone think they're entitled to know what the reason is. If either side of this story wanted people to know they would put it out there. This thread needs deleted again

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm Good luck to him on his recovery!
Ditto. And I hate to hear this news. I wanted Ironton at full strength this season so we could have another match up in the playoffs with no excuses. So, hopefully he'll recover and we'll see them in post season again.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Remember Biggdowgg when people could do some light hearted taunting for fun about each other's teams? it just got far too serious. Like for instance, in the past, I would have went ahead and declared that Burg is starting it's Decade Of Despair....and time where they slide down a slick downhill slide and it takes them a whole decade to start crawling back up again.

If I posted that, could you imagine?

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:19 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:14 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:54 pm Seops "go to" Delete the thread when people want answers .

People wonder why the site is declining, use to be a really busy site year round ,now only the start of football
You were given answers. You just didn't like the ones you got.

I was given pc answers but I do appreciate the effort
The kid decided not to play football. That is the entire story whether you believe it or not. A lot of adults around him were not happy about it. But he made a decision for himself and the Ironton coaches are respecting that decision. It is not their story to tell. It is his.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I agree we got the answer about the young man.
The people closest to this situation are not talking about it he is not talking about it.
He is not playing due to a shoulder injury and may or may not play next year.
Let's be adults here and respect their answer and decision.
It does not matter who likes it outside of this young man teammates coaches and hid family.
If this was another young man on another team I would feel the same allow them to move forward with their life to what is best for them.
Ironton will be fine like it or not.
The young man is doing what is best for him.

Return to “Football”