Burg vs Ironton 2021

SpeedKillz

Re: Burg vs Ironton 2021

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:10 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 am It'd be nice to have enough insight to really talk about this game on the field but it sure sounds like just a bunch of questions for both. And some unproven personnel as far as meaningful in game snaps at some pretty crucial positions.

I guess it's easy to just say both teams will probably play it pretty conservatively and try to run the ball and control the clock. Limit turnovers.

Ironton likely has the advantage at the LOS. But Ironton rushing production is unknown. Who steps up and fills in those yards with No Carrico AND No Carter? That is proven?

And for Burg. They have a good returning back. But if they cant win consistently up front, then what?

At QB1 for both: questions right? Both QB1's Injured? For Ironton, that means losing a returning starter w a lot of reps and big game experience. You can't replace that. Who checks those boxes for Ironton on fri night? Ik there is talent. But the experience and comfort isn't the same. For Burg, they have more of an unproven changed to an unproven/unknown at QB1. Ironton suffers the greater decrease in positives at the QB1.

Defensively, I think Ironton is gonna be more talented overall even without Carter. Washington is gonna be a star at LB but can really probably play a lot of diff positions on D and thrive.

Sp teams, Burg has the advantage at kicker but I think Ironton is gonna have more playmakers.

Feel like Ironton should seperate themselves here HOWEVER, not all seems normal for Burg week in Ironton. What is the team chemistry like? How is the focus? The lights have gradually gotten brighter at Ironton, but it seems to have exposed Ironton to some residual impact they may be still trying to adjust to.

The expectations are high for both. Deservedly so. And fri night is essentially everything for both teams and staff. Let's keep it a buck. I think the pressure is greater for Ironton. I think the friendly confines of Tanks Memorial could turn into a pressure cooker. I think it's reasonable Burg comes into Fri the underdog w potentially a more relaxed and focused mentality. Ironton has turned the pressure dial up to TEN and broke the nob. Factor in whatever impact the turmoil has left in its wake, and I also believe it is reasonable to suggest it could effect Irontons cohesiveness and execution. We'll see.

This actually shapes up to be pretty darn exciting. And I feel anything could happen. Emotions are gonna be super high. Composure is gonna play a role for players as well as staff.

Too many unknowns to predict a winner still rn. Might just end up being a classic.

First sentence I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been MARVELED to read some of the things on here tonight. There’s been some serious tape watched and game reps up till now. I think about how many kids this opening weekend will be under the lights of Friday night for the very first time !!! 😳😳😳
Yup. Its interesting when were really permitted to discuss things. Ton of inexperience at the skills especially fri night but really just all over for both. Fri night menu is pot luck. I think it increases the anticipation. The backstory is too relevant to what were gonna see and NOT see on the field friday night. A very relevant aspect of the discussion. Right now if ya don't think it's anybody game imo ya being dishonest. Gonna be a good one.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:30 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:26 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:14 am

A hopeful playoff prediction!! Teams AND location!!

Lot riding on this one. Pride. Bragging rights. 1-0 0-1!

But what we don’t Getta see a lot of is what would be ridin in Burg/Itown II

If there’s anyone that could do a follow up like Rocky RockyII

It’s these two…..so to me …. I want a 2nd matchup on the hill
Def worthy of a part 2 on any given season and I think this Fri night might be one of the most intriguing meetings. No hyperbole in ya words. This one means a ton.

They always do……!!!!….any stream for this one ?
I do believe the mytowntv streams on fb and youtube. 💯 and Ironton/Burg is their feature contest fri night.

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:55 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:43 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:32 pm

The cringe worthy irony and the complete inability to be self aware at all w regards is almost top notch passive aggressive douchebaggery. Lol

The intitial rumor that the kid QUIT ( just flat out quit) was STARTED by Irontons own fanbase on social media. Only for it to be walked back several hours later in yet another post where the "audience" was gaslit and told, "we never said he quit" whilst just below it, sat the old post of the ironton fan base stating he quit still. 😂😂

( in the time span between the 1st post and the back peddle, I wonder who leaned on the author and made em backpeddle?) Thats a whole other convo.

Its the funniest, most off brand, passive aggressive dysfunction you could ever imagine. And it was 1000% self inflicted. Lol

Since then its been:

1 quit.
2. Injury/quit
3. Argument/quit

Somehow Irontons fan base started the convo. Gaslit the convo. Told more lies to cover up initial lies. Back peddled and retold lies

And a whole lotta team pics. 😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡

But here YOU are to suggest us "boyz" are stirring things up? 😂

I can't figure what would be a more lucrative practice in Ironton. A relationship counselor for all the passive aggressive behavior, gaslighting, projection, and dishonesty, or a divorce attorney for all the women who finally get tired of it. 😂😂 lmao
The irony is you complain about being "censored" and then complain when you are not. The "douchebaggery" is your incessant defamatory comments toward a player and a school. I picture you a weasel looking frail fella sitting in your mother's basement burning up your keyboard. If that's not you, you missed a great chance of pulling that off. But you just want to be one of the boyz don't you. :lol:
None of this makes any sense but I suspect the goal is to engage some sore of argument to deflect from the topic. But its not as interesting.

Wonder who leaned on the "fanbase" and had em torpedo their own credibility.?
And as expected, the"douchebaggery" continues. But at least you stopped complaining about not being "censored." :lol:

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Burg by 7, I think itown has some undisclosed issues and qb1 is out. It will be a slobber knocker

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 am Burg by 7, I think itown has some undisclosed issues and qb1 is out. It will be a slobber knocker

Rumors going around that QB1 is ready to go and playing tomorrow night. Maybe this incident with the player in question quitting has brought the team closer to together. Be careful what you wish for.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:14 am

A hopeful playoff prediction!! Teams AND location!!

Lot riding on this one. Pride. Bragging rights. 1-0 0-1!

But what we don’t Getta see a lot of is what would be ridin in Burg/Itown II

If there’s anyone that could do a follow up like Rocky RockyII

It’s these two…..so to me …. I want a 2nd matchup on the hill
Def worthy of a part 2 on any given season and I think this Fri night might be one of the most intriguing meetings. No hyperbole in ya words. This one means a ton.

If you have Spectrum, it will be on Spectrum News Channel 1 as one of their games of the week.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:47 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 am Burg by 7, I think itown has some undisclosed issues and qb1 is out. It will be a slobber knocker

Rumors going around that QB1 is ready to go and playing tomorrow night. Maybe this incident with the player in question quitting has brought the team closer to together. Be careful what you wish for.
That’s good to hear. I don’t think production would have went down with the other QB for ironton anyway. He did a good job last year and is a pretty good athlete.

bullfrog93
Freshman Team

Post by bullfrog93 »

Did someone "quit"?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bullfrog93 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:36 am

Did someone "quit"?

Someone is hurt and decided to sit the season out to rehab ,pretty sad he is being labeled a quiter ,it was all good when coach was plastering his name with all his recruit offers .

Actions reflect who you really are.

Best of luck to both teams

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:12 am

If you have Spectrum, it will be on Spectrum News Channel 1 as one of their games of the week.
are you sure? OHSAA doesnt list it as one of there games week 1

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Has Dick Tracy finished his inquiry’s. Waiting for a detailed review of the so called douchebaggery down on the Ohio River. Will WSAZ have the scoop or does the Frog Town bikers know more than what’s out here. Will the Armory feed the Pirates Friday nite. Will there be a jammed packed , wall to wall people. How much is ticket to Ohio University’s pre game bash! Will the OU Bobcat Mascot be there. Will parking be a issue! Also how much to park! Is Giovannis having any specials and delivered to OU parking lot. This should be a 31-7 win for the Burg. By 4 th quarter which team will be gased and can’t keep up! Who’s better conditioned, I’ll take the Burg here. Will the Crusaders be taking the new bypass to the Tank!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:34 am
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:12 am

are you sure? OHSAA doesnt list it as one of there games week 1
My mistake, it is Week 4 when Moeller travels to Ironton. Sorry about that.

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Will Ironton make trip to Norwood Shea Stadium next year for a big matchup! Gerry Faust Complex is hallowed ground.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Not much longer till this slugfest begins

hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

This game being streamed anywhere on youtube or fb?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

My town should stream this game I believe

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Is it spectrum game of the week ?

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pm Is it spectrum game of the week ?
No, I was mistaken. That’s not until week 4 when Moeller travels to Ironton.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:20 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:17 pm Is it spectrum game of the week ?
No, I was mistaken. That’s not until week 4 when Moeller travels to Ironton.

Ok. Thanks

BurgBoss44
Waterboy

Post by BurgBoss44 »

Portsmouth put up 21 on Waverly in their previous jamboree game. Ironton put up 7 against Waverly’s JV. Against a good defense, they shut down. And, without carter, their secondary is pitiful. Yeah, their d-line isn’t half bad, but as soon as either Lattimore’s break past the line, touchdown. I got Burg by however many they want to put on the board!

Return to “Football”