Logan @ Jackson 8-19-21

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Logan @ Jackson 8-19-21

Post by Paladin »

Btw, I’m trying to get film on the shootout from last night between Columbus Hartley and Youngstown Ursuline. The Irish beat the Hawks 62-58. Guys are saying it was a game for the ages. Both are loaded with college athletes.

Jackson ? 😂😂😂😂😂

Cmon........

Have gun, will travel
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:57 pm Btw, I’m trying to get film on the shootout from last night between Columbus Hartley and Youngstown Ursuline. The Irish beat the Hawks 62-58. Guys are saying it was a game for the ages. Both are loaded with college athletes.

Jackson ? 😂😂😂😂😂

Cmon........
They’re both good programs, like to see any of the teams up north that you drool over play teams from the south. Talk about a talent gap. Look at the SEC talent pool. 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mattash wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:38 pm Anyone have the box stats?
FBD8B213-E868-437B-BFAA-4DA0DEDA6EAA.png

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:48 pm Anyone know why Jackson played in white uni's yesterday, and Logan in purple? Always thought home games for anyone they wore their darker jersey's. Jackson should have been in red and Logan in Away whites. Also I liked Jacksons new white helmets. They was always red as I remember. Is there something I'm missing, or am I going blind? :lol:
I was wondering the same thing purplefoot! I attended this game and thought I was in Logan at first...... I asked a Jackson fan and he thought it had something to do with a whiteout........ I liked the unis but should have been a redout!!!! Jackson wasn't as good as I thought they would be but it don't take much to easily beat Logan now days!!! It's like an off week for most teams now..... Jackson does have great chicken sandwiches!!

Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:38 am
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:48 pm Anyone know why Jackson played in white uni's yesterday, and Logan in purple? Always thought home games for anyone they wore their darker jersey's. Jackson should have been in red and Logan in Away whites. Also I liked Jacksons new white helmets. They was always red as I remember. Is there something I'm missing, or am I going blind? :lol:
I was wondering the same thing purplefoot! I attended this game and thought I was in Logan at first...... I asked a Jackson fan and he thought it had something to do with a whiteout........ I liked the unis but should have been a redout!!!! Jackson wasn't as good as I thought they would be but it don't take much to easily beat Logan now days!!! It's like an off week for most teams now..... Jackson does have great chicken sandwiches!!

That is so tough to hear. That game use to be a slobber knocker. When’s is it ever going to get turned around?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I look for loss #2 @ Teays Valley.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Thanos wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:27 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:38 am

That is so tough to hear. That game use to be a slobber knocker. When’s is it ever going to get turned around?
Lets hope better days are coming for Logan. :?

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:25 pm I look for loss #2 @ Teays Valley.
Until there is some consistence this game is going to be a loss.

AT THE RESERVATION
Ohiostrut
Waterboy

Post by Ohiostrut »

Big time game…..
[/quote]
1987chieftains wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:10 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:25 pm I look for loss #2 @ Teays Valley.
Until there is some consistence this game is going to be a loss.
Hard to have consistency if you change offensive every year,time for the offensive coordinator to go

Ed Monix
Waterboy

Post by Ed Monix »

Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:27 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:30 pm
Paladin wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Did you say that with a straight face ? The worst teams on your schedule are in your league. As bad as Logan is, they would stomp some of your league teams. 😎
Paladin, I know it's early but after seeing them play I would like to get your thoughts on Jackson. Particularly, how do you think they'll do against Ironton, Licking Valley and Wheelersburg. I'm asking you due to your knowledge and lack of bias, which I can't say about most of the posters on here. Thanks in advance.
I watched the game while also watching the local Ytown game of the week between Canfield & Poland on my big screen TV. Night and day. Logan is flat out awful, poorly prepared and lacking athletes. Jackson was better but very unimpressive. You should have seen Canfield and Poland. Both will be playoff teams. So, in all probability will be Jackson given they will win a lot of games against teams in their weak league. There the comparisons stop. Jackson, once it leaves SEO will get murdered in the playoffs. As for Itown, Valley and Burg, Jackson may be in for a rude awakening. Jackson kids looked good but level of competition will do that. Needless to say, while Jackson won , I was far from impressed. Tonite I’ll see Warren Harding and Medina, two more teams that will make the playoffs. Harding’s QB just verballed at Syracuse. While Itown, Valley and Burg may have good teams, Im not sure Jackson’s level is there. Put another way, had Jackson been playing either Canfield or Poland team I watched, it would have looked like the Logan game only much worse. Jackson should be content playing in the sticks with the weenie schedule they have. They are nothing to write home about but their league schedule will have people down there thinking they are pretty good.

😂. But, of course, they aren’t. Just better than a pathetic Logan team.
Did you lose a girl friend to a guy from Jackson or something?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

One more comment on this thread and I’ll move on -

Jackson is nothing special and is going to lose some games this year. But it’s SEO football, so there’s that.

Logan, on the other hand, is a travesty. All year long I heard they would have size and they do. But what do they do with it ? The Wing T they run is a joke. There is no utilization of their size for power football. Deception and lack of power plays will produce a long season. The pass game is a total joke.As I stated before the game, I was more interested in seeing their D than the O. Again, another strike out by the coaching staff. Rather than use their size to stiffen the LOS, they are using a contain D rather than an attacking D. While I see Logan winning a few games, it will be because of the weak SEO schedule.

I warned early on Logan made another mistake on the coach hire. I see nothing so far to change my mind. Not even close. Unfortunately there is nothing to look forward to this year. The players are unprepared and the staff are not using the strength of team abilities, but rather fashioning O and D on philosophy rather than talent.

Looking at the Jackson schedule they are going to get exposed early and often. Their league schedule saves them. Logan, on the other hand , has another front loaded schedule with no relief until the second half. TV will roll over the Chiefs. Both O and D will get embarrassed.

Have gun, will travel
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:03 am One more comment on this thread and I’ll move on -

Jackson is nothing special and is going to lose some games this year. But it’s SEO football, so there’s that.

Logan, on the other hand, is a travesty. All year long I heard they would have size and they do. But what do they do with it ? The Wing T they run is a joke. There is no utilization of their size for power football. Deception and lack of power plays will produce a long season. The pass game is a total joke.As I stated before the game, I was more interested in seeing their D than the O. Again, another strike out by the coaching staff. Rather than use their size to stiffen the LOS, they are using a contain D rather than an attacking D. While I see Logan winning a few games, it will be because of the weak SEO schedule.

I warned early on Logan made another mistake on the coach hire. I see nothing so far to change my mind. Not even close. Unfortunately there is nothing to look forward to this year. The players are unprepared and the staff are not using the strength of team abilities, but rather fashioning O and D on philosophy rather than talent.

Looking at the Jackson schedule they are going to get exposed early and often. Their league schedule saves them. Logan, on the other hand , has another front loaded schedule with no relief until the second half. TV will roll over the Chiefs. Both O and D will get embarrassed.
I mean Jackson is a pretty solid team. Remind me a lot of Poland. Of course will struggle vs certain Catholic schools

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:03 am One more comment on this thread and I’ll move on -

I thought Logan would beat McLain , but they beat Adena so there’s that. Logan would not win a FAC game. Worst team on Jackson schedule ....by far

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Not even close. Poland would wipe the field with Jackson. Watched the opener with D-III Canfield, who will make the playoffs. D-IV Poland was down 17-12 in the 4th qtr and driving to the red zone for the go ahead TD. Penalty then a turnover. Canfield drove the field for another TD. Game over.. Canfield is tough. Poland will still make the playoffs. They are very good.Both teams are very talented and tough. No SEO football here. As for the parochials, Ursuline has reloaded and they will be making a playoff run. Cardinal Mooney is currently a joke. Poland would kick their arse too. The one to watch is Warren JFK. Return most of their players from last years title game including Valenth, a Jr at 6’4, 270 who dominates. They would beat many D-IIs and IIIs. Ytown area will produce a large number of playoff teams.

Of note, Legendary HC Bill Bohren won his 296 game at Mathews over Steubenville CC, 6-0. He is 85....... lol

Have gun, will travel
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm Not even close. Poland would wipe the field with Jackson. Watched the opener with D-III Canfield, who will make the playoffs. D-IV Poland was down 17-12 in the 4th qtr and driving to the red zone for the go ahead TD. Penalty then a turnover. Canfield drove the field for another TD. Game over.. Canfield is tough. Poland will still make the playoffs. They are very good.Both teams are very talented and tough. No SEO football here. As for the parochials, Ursuline has reloaded and they will be making a playoff run. Cardinal Mooney is currently a joke. Poland would kick their arse too. The one to watch is Warren JFK. Return most of their players from last years title game including Valenth, a Jr at 6’4, 270 who dominates. They would beat many D-IIs and IIIs. Ytown area will produce a large number of playoff teams.

Of note, Legendary HC Bill Bohren won his 296 game at Mathews over Steubenville CC, 6-0. He is 85....... lol
We all know you are a “northern” school nuthugger. Love to these those teams compete in SEC country 😂

Please

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm Not even close. Poland would wipe the field with Jackson. Watched the opener with D-III Canfield, who will make the playoffs. D-IV Poland was down 17-12 in the 4th qtr and driving to the red zone for the go ahead TD. Penalty then a turnover. Canfield drove the field for another TD. Game over.. Canfield is tough. Poland will still make the playoffs. They are very good.Both teams are very talented and tough. No SEO football here. As for the parochials, Ursuline has reloaded and they will be making a playoff run. Cardinal Mooney is currently a joke. Poland would kick their arse too. The one to watch is Warren JFK. Return most of their players from last years title game including Valenth, a Jr at 6’4, 270 who dominates. They would beat many D-IIs and IIIs. Ytown area will produce a large number of playoff teams.

Aren’t you 85?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Looking down Logan’s schedule, I don’t see a game they can win. 0-10 is very possible . Sad with all those kids and that million dollar facility.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Poland got killed by Ursuline 35-7. Ursuline got killed by Lake Catholic 35-7. Bloom Carroll lost to Lake Catholic 17-10. Bloom Carroll beat Logan 14-0. Jackson beat Logan by 30. Jackson would do fine vs Poland

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

August 28, 2020 Logan 14 - 48 Jackson 7:30 pm
September 13, 2019 Jackson 28 - 7 Logan 7:00 pm