Unioto @ Vinton County week 1

Macnotpc
Waterboy

Re: Unioto @ Vinton County week 1

Post by Macnotpc »

Unioto will accidentally win 5 games. 6 is a real possibility. Very good win for VC vs a very athletic and well coached Unioto team. Looks like some people at VC are just looking for reasons to be critical. From what I see, the new coach is doing a great job.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Macnotpc wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:08 am Unioto will accidentally win 5 games. 6 is a real possibility. Very good win for VC vs a very athletic and well coached Unioto team. Looks like some people at VC are just looking for reasons to be critical. From what I see, the new coach is doing a great job.
Agreed.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

VC94 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Flexworth wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:50 pm We got the win but it was UGLY. Our offense looked bad. I believe we had 98 yards total offense and still pulled out the win. We couldn’t move the ball the first half at all. Thanks to the Unioto mistakes we were able to pull it out.
We had 157 yards of offense and Unioto’s only score came on a broken play with 25 seconds to go in the first half. Defensively I thought VC played great. Bend but didn’t break. We also drove right down the field on the first possession and scored a touchdown. You also should keep in mind that we beat a team that will win at least 6 games and make the playoffs. So I consider that a solid win.
Hey, a win is a win and were 1-0 which is great. Im not going to argue whether we had 157 of offense or 100, neither is great but it got the job done i guess. And with 12 teams going to the playoffs now Unioto might squeeze in, but that is the weakest Unioto team I’ve seen in a long time. I can’t see them winning 6 games, even in the svc. You can say it was a defensive battle but i think it was a sloppy game against two teams that aren’t very good yet. I just expected more with the upperclassman we have, especially the senior class. On a high note, we have crooksville coming to town which is good for about 1-2 wins a year. We’ll be 2-0 heading in to week 3!
That's great news for Trimble who will probably move to the top of their region if they can beat VC in week 3.

Return to “Football”