Piketon 62 Valley 36 2021

eagles73Taylor
SE

Piketon 62 Valley 36 2021

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon coming off a good win over Wellston and Valley with a good come from behind win over Northwest. In week one, Piketon defeated Minford, while Valley fell to Portsmouth. Series history favors valley, last matchup in 2019 Valley beat Piketon 23-7. Piketon last beat Valley in 2016 35-7. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Go Streaks!

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 3 (9/3) Piketon (2-0) @ Valley (1-1)

Post by greygoose »

Given what the Trojans were able to do in the 2nd half against Valley and I still believe the SVC comes down to Piketon and Paint Valley, I'm going with the streaks in this one by 2-3 scores. Piketon returns a lot of talent and while their 1st 2 opponents aren't great the Streaks defense has yield just 19 points in the 1st 2 games of the year. Piketon also has possibly the top QB in the area leading them. Good luck

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Piketon by 14

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Piketon by a couple scores

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley just doesn’t have the depth the pull this one out

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Piketon.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Piketon Rolls big in this one moving onto 3-0.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Piketon will no doubt be favored, but just when Valley is given up for dead, they show they still have a little resolve by coming from a couple scores behind and winning a good game against Northwest.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Levi is to good and Valley hasn't enough depth will be a big red streak in Ltown Fri night. Piketon rolls

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon’s playing defense now, which could equate to a 10-0 season

Streaks by 3 scores.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Should be a good matchup. It will be a test of Valleys secondary, and linebacker core this week. Piketon has an excellent pass game, and a good running back. This game could go either way depending on injuries, and depth. Valley showed a lot of grit this past week, and if we get that team this week, i believe we can suprise a lot of people and squeeze a win out.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:49 am Should be a good matchup. It will be a test of Valleys secondary, and linebacker core this week. Piketon has an excellent pass game, and a good running back. This game could go either way depending on injuries, and depth. Valley showed a lot of grit this past week, and if we get that team this week, i believe we can suprise a lot of people and squeeze a win out.
When you beat NW it counts for nothing. Traditionally the worst sports program in Ohio over the last 25 plus years, other than when Hagerty had the baseball team. Piketon is to much and scalps the Indians

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

NW deserves more credit than they are receiving. They would give the SVC a good run for the money right now. I would not count them out even against the #2 SVC team.
I still say Valley can play with Piketon, and if we see the grit from this past Friday for 4 quarters this Friday, it could give Piketon problems, and pull off an upset.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 am Piketon’s playing defense now, which could equate to a 10-0 season

Streaks by 3 scores.
Don’t think their defense has really been tested yet but I don’t think this week will be the one to do that. Valleys depth is very concerning and just don’t think they have enough to pull this out. I believe next week Piketons D will be tested more than it has been all year vs ZT, but even then they aren’t a great team. May have to wait until the PV game to see how this Piketon team is.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:31 am
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 am Piketon’s playing defense now, which could equate to a 10-0 season

Streaks by 3 scores.
Don’t think their defense has really been tested yet but I don’t think this week will be the one to do that. Valleys depth is very concerning and just don’t think they have enough to pull this out. I believe next week Piketons D will be tested more than it has been all year vs ZT, but even then they aren’t a great team. May have to wait until the PV game to see how this Piketon team is.
That’s true as far as not being tested, but just look back at their recent scores and you’ll see that they rarely stopped bad teams from scoring. I’m not saying they’ll have a great defense, but just having a solid defense will give them a chance at a historic season.

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Piketon is the favorite for sure, but I would bet this one is closer than the experts think. Valley held a very good and similar Portsmouth offense in check for a half. Valley did not get the ball in the endzone vs Portsmouth but the Trojans showed this week that they have a stout defense. The Valley Portsmouth game was much closer than the score, there were several late things that allowed Portsmouth to blow it open. If Valley is able to run the ball and keep the Piketon offense off the field, then this could be an interesting game. Valley's defensive ends are also pretty good, it will be fun to see if they can get some pressure this week.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Piketon boat race

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Looks like the weather should be perfect for football, hopefully not jinxing it! Lets Go Streaks!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:45 am
ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:49 am Should be a good matchup. It will be a test of Valleys secondary, and linebacker core this week. Piketon has an excellent pass game, and a good running back. This game could go either way depending on injuries, and depth. Valley showed a lot of grit this past week, and if we get that team this week, i believe we can suprise a lot of people and squeeze a win out.
When you beat NW it counts for nothing. Traditionally the worst sports program in Ohio over the last 25 plus years, other than when Hagerty had the baseball team. Piketon is to much and scalps the Indians
That's spoken like a person that knows nothing about NW last couple years they've had some good teams come through. Campbell is one of the top RBs in the area don't hold the past over this years team as that truly counts for nothing. They would find themselves top 3 in SVC play this year and we'll see what happens when they face off against Valley next time around. Problem with NW is they have some talent but that style of offense is just very limiting in certain situations and against some teams. Still don't believe Valley has a shot in this one though.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:45 am
Taking shots at all Northwest sports? Geez. They have had good teams in numerous sports over that span, including soccer, both boys and girls basketball, mostly girls as of late. Volleyball team has been close to the top of SOC 2 for the last few years. Tops in track, etc... BTW it's Hegarty, not Hagerty.

Return to “Football”