Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

Post by Mission15 »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:53 am The actual bottom line is, it is well within the rules of the OHSAA so it doesn’t really matter what anyone believes about where someone else’s children should attend school.
Yeah it's all the eligible transfers are within the rules one way or another. The fact of Wheelersburg commenting on transfers from ANY school is what has incited this conversation.

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Does Ironton currently have kids who transferred in as juniors or seniors and are starting? I'm sure the answer is yes. However, as curious as I might be to know who and where they came from, I would never criticize them for it. The fact is winning breeds winning! Kids are always going to move to the top tier programs in the area. Same way they move to Jackson or Burg. Ppl can cry about until the end of time but it's not going to change anything about what it means for a school to be at the top and how they benefit from it.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Transfers or open enrollment although people may not like it. It levels the playing field with private and or catholic schools who never have had to adhere to geographical boundaries

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

mackdog wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:36 am Does Ironton currently have kids who transferred in as juniors or seniors and are starting? I'm sure the answer is yes. However, as curious as I might be to know who and where they came from, I would never criticize them for it. The fact is winning breeds winning! Kids are always going to move to the top tier programs in the area. Same way they move to Jackson or Burg. Ppl can cry about until the end of time but it's not going to change anything about what it means for a school to be at the top and how they benefit from it.
Yes they do and posters seem to adequate that as being the same as burg who’s CB numbers are high but they are different. Burgs town has a unique setup where, you can live in burg, but not in district but still be closer to burg schools in certain areas. Lick run Lyra , the other side of scioto Dale, houses near gammps gas station, patriot ridge, Sciotoville (East is a charter)

Burg will always Have students like that. So will ironton with the grove and rock hill and parts of scioto county. But they will come in elementary.

My argument is not that the kids are there illegally, that’s easy to navigate around, it’s the amount of kids that ironton has got that came in high school. Whether or not, he’s got recruiting boots on or not, it’s a whole lot easier to pound your chest and win when you get kids that can play and give immediate help.

Reverse this scenario, would posters on this board agree that number 3 from valley going to burg his junior season be right?

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

This conversation is going nowhere. Burg folks think their transfers are somehow different and okay - as opposed to other schools and their transfers. A lot of us disagree.

Something else... Burg posters have often made reference to their dominance from 2013-2018 (yabbadabbadoo and others). Ironton and wheelersburg started playing in 1982, took a few years off, and resumed in the 90s. That's almost 40 years and 30+ games. It's kinda weird to be bragging about a 5 year period of dominance in that time span (really not much to brag about at all). Hands down, Ironton has gotten the best of the burg...transfers or not.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am This conversation is going nowhere. Burg folks think their transfers are somehow different and okay - as opposed to other schools and their transfers. A lot of us disagree.

Something else... Burg posters have often made reference to their dominance from 2013-2018 (yabbadabbadoo and others). Ironton and wheelersburg started playing in 1982, took a few years off, and resumed in the 90s. That's almost 40 years and 30+ games. It's kinda weird to be bragging about a 5 year period of dominance in that time span (really not much to brag about at all). Hands down, Ironton has gotten the best of the burg...transfers or not.
They definitely should have in the 90s. Ironton bigger school. Since coach Woodward took over it’s been 9-6 in favor of burg including playoff games.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Since Pendleton took over it’s 2-1 in favor of Ironton and would be 3 and 1 if not for Covid. The last two games Wheelersburg has barely mustered any points. Your point is? We can do this stuff all day.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mission15 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:41 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:26 am
Paulcrew wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am

I guess the question then is… Why aren’t kids transferring to
Burg as much now? Is Burg administration turning down open enroll requests?

Because Burg has never had more than 1-2 kids come in to play, unlike Ironton who is bringing in 5-6 kids a year here lately.

You all kill me with all of the transfers Burg has had over the years!!!! Unfreakingbelievable just how stupid some of you are!!!

Bi
What's so unbelievable about it? If it amazes you don't know nothing about transfers, you know lets just start all this F$%#@ poop again, I'm not hear to debate this with you #%@** people from Wheelersburg, if you want my answer ill give you the answer, if you don't like it, don't comment back on the thread.

Name me the transfers in football for Burg that have came in and totally dominated or made a huge difference in Burg's team in the last 5 years????

Ironton in 2019 had the two kids came in from Raceland, Young I believe was one of them. A kid from Ashland and the kicker from West, Book all came in in the same year plus a couple of more.

Now, you explain to me how transfers have transformed the Burg into a powerhouse over the years.

The sad thing is that even with those kids, Ironton still got their azzes handed to them by Kirtland. Now around here, those kids made a huge difference

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:15 pm Since Pendleton took over it’s 2-1 in favor of Ironton and would be 3 and 1 if not for Covid. The last two games Wheelersburg has barely mustered any points. Your point is? We can do this stuff all day.
Can’t play hypothetical. You guys weren’t that good last year.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:28 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:26 am

Because Burg has never had more than 1-2 kids come in to play, unlike Ironton who is bringing in 5-6 kids a year here lately.

You all kill me with all of the transfers Burg has had over the years!!!! Unfreakingbelievable just how stupid some of you are!!!

Bi
What's so unbelievable about it? If it amazes you don't know nothing about transfers, you know lets just start all this F$%#@ poop again, I'm not hear to debate this with you #%@** people from Wheelersburg, if you want my answer ill give you the answer, if you don't like it, don't comment back on the thread.

Name me the transfers in football for Burg that have came in and totally dominated or made a huge difference in Burg's team in the last 5 years????

Ironton in 2019 had the two kids came in from Raceland, Young I believe was one of them. A kid from Ashland and the kicker from West, Book all came in in the same year plus a couple of more.

Now, you explain to me how transfers have transformed the Burg into a powerhouse over the years.

The sad thing is that even with those kids, Ironton still got their azzes handed to them by Kirtland. Now around here, those kids made a huge difference
It's a numbers game, if you have 10-15 Role guys who don't live in WB, that makes all the difference in a program. It don't have to be a star.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

LockHerUp wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:51 am This conversation is going nowhere. Burg folks think their transfers are somehow different and okay - as opposed to other schools and their transfers. A lot of us disagree.

+1

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mission15 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:14 pm

It's a numbers game, if you have 10-15 Role guys who don't live in WB, that makes all the difference in a program. It don't have to be a star.

Well, that just proves you are clueless because Burg in no way never, ever has had that many kids "transfer" in that make that big of a difference.

SMDFH!!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wheelersburg transfers - all live within feet of the district and came in Kindergarten, drink their milk, say their prayers, and are pure of heart, body, and mind

Ironton transfers - all were recruited and break every OHSAA rule

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:43 pm Wheelersburg transfers - all live within feet of the district and came in Kindergarten, drink their milk, say their prayers, and are pure of heart, body, and mind

Ironton transfers - all were recruited and break every OHSAA rule

Nailed it!!!!! :D :D :D

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:50 pm

Well, that just proves you are clueless because Burg in no way never, ever has had that many kids "transfer" in that make that big of a difference.

SMDFH!!!
So Wheelersburg high school football as a collective whole 10-12 has never had more than 10 players who live outside the district regardless of start date in the district? I think you are confused as to what my statement actually was.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Scheduling I.M.O. is a big reason those schools are at the level they are.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Are kids transferring in high school abnormal here or something cause it's pretty common everywhere else? I guess I'm confused why this seems controversial?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Was someone able to gather enough information on a case by case basis as to what is abnormal? Or is this all just random speculation?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Wheelersburg has been the recipient of around 15 Minford kids that live miles within the Minford school district over the past 25-yrs. If y'all want we can start listing names... Bendolph is one to name one that lived in Portsmouth that said he transferred/ lived to the W'burg district but never did so. He was the difference in the Villa Angela-St. Joseph game and had a major impact on a few others.

Just wait for the screaming from Burg fans when Ironton starts pulling kids that have played at Burg since pee-wee and then have a major impact when they play their old team.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

vladimir wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Wheelersburg has been the recipient of around 15 Minford kids that live miles within the Minford school district over the past 25-yrs. If y'all want we can start listing names... Bendolph is one to name one that lived in Portsmouth that said he transferred/ lived to the W'burg district but never did so. He was the difference in the Villa Angela-St. Joseph game and had a major impact on a few others.

Just wait for the screaming from Burg fans when Ironton starts pulling kids that have played at Burg since pee-wee and then have a major impact when they play their old team.
You lost me at bendolph. Burg basketball did inherit quite a few minford transfers and it certainly made them better and they loaded up for a state run. Not afraid of admitting it. Something ironton fans need to do. They don’t sniff either state game without transfers.

Return to “Football”