Whoops ESPN...Bishop Sycamore Fooled You...A Sad Day For HS Football

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Whoops ESPN...Bishop Sycamore Fooled You...A Sad Day For HS Football

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm I see more than a few people on this site say teams like Ironton, Burg, Jackson, ( whatever) could play "with just about anyone in the country" & I guess they just dont venture out much or whatever because after you watch a team like IMG or Duncanville, or American Heritage or Miami Central or Mater Dei, if you're unable to acknowledge a HUGE difference, idk what to tell ya.
I’m from Portsmouth but lived in Georgia during the army and moved to Lakeland Florida. First time I saw Lakeland I was telling myself holy moly this is like a college team. The football in that area was unreal. Kathleen, Haines city, Tampa schools. Some good ball down there.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:45 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:10 pm I see more than a few people on this site say teams like Ironton, Burg, Jackson, ( whatever) could play "with just about anyone in the country" & I guess they just dont venture out much or whatever because after you watch a team like IMG or Duncanville, or American Heritage or Miami Central or Mater Dei, if you're unable to acknowledge a HUGE difference, idk what to tell ya.
I’m from Portsmouth but lived in Georgia during the army and moved to Lakeland Florida. First time I saw Lakeland I was telling myself holy moly this is like a college team. The football in that area was unreal. Kathleen, Haines city, Tampa schools. Some good ball down there.
Yes it sure is. South Florida football is a whole other animal.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm
Some of those teams have different kids for offense, defense and even special teams. Not much playing both ways. I’m sure there are small schools down there that do that.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:56 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:49 pm

Some of those teams have different kids for offense, defense and even special teams. Not much playing both ways. I’m sure there are small schools down there that do that.
Couple years ago I got to visit family in Dallas and go to a couple high school games. Worlds apart from what fans in this area are use to

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The top teams in Ohio can give those teams a good game usually. St. X gave Lakeland all they could handle one year after they were ranked number 1 the year before. Colerain beat the returning Texas big school champ the first year of the Herbie Classic. Glenville beat a top team in Florida at the Shoe one year with Jack Nicklaus's grandson playing (although they should have lost by a score). St. Eds beat Madonna Fl. a few times. It takes a really standout team to blow out the top Ohio teams. I don't even consider IMG a high school team with players coming from all over the country. More like college to me and that's why a lot of teams wont play them. I read some where even St. Thomas Aquinas has a pretty wide area down there where players come from. I just don't understand why all them Florida college teams has struggled so much after the last Miami team got beat by OSU in the Natty. Back in the 90's the only teams who could beat them were other Florida teams. With all that supposed talent down there they should be in more playoffs and championship games. The only team down there now who is even approaching that level is the Gators. Miami and FSU are terrible now days! Those teams should have the pick of the litter down there.
Last edited by cbolt on Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 am The top teams in Ohio can give those teams a good game usually. St. X gave Lakeland all they could handle one year after they were ranked number 1 the year before. Colerain beat the returning Texas big school champ the first year of the Herbie Classic. Glenville beat a top team in Florida at the Shoe one year with Jack Nicklaus's grandson playing (although they should have lost by a score). St. Eds beat Madonna Fl. a few times. It takes a really standout team to blow out the top Ohio teams. I don't even consider IMG a high school team with players coming from all over the country. More like college to me and that's why a lot of teams wont play them. I read some where even St. Thomas Aquinas has a pretty wide area down there where players come from. I just don't understand why all them Florida college teams has struggled so much after the last Miami team got beat by OSU in the Natty. Back in the 90's the only teams who could beat them were other Florida teams. With all that supposed talent down there they should be in more playoffs and championship games. The only team down there now who is even approaching that level is the Gators. Miami and FSU are terrible now days!
I'll agree with all of that...c-clamp..................

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 am The top teams in Ohio can give those teams a good game usually. St. X gave Lakeland all they could handle one year after they were ranked number 1 the year before. Colerain beat the returning Texas big school champ the first year of the Herbie Classic. Glenville beat a top team in Florida at the Shoe one year with Jack Nicklaus's grandson playing (although they should have lost by a score). St. Eds beat Madonna Fl. a few times. It takes a really standout team to blow out the top Ohio teams. I don't even consider IMG a high school team with players coming from all over the country. More like college to me and that's why a lot of teams wont play them. I read some where even St. Thomas Aquinas has a pretty wide area down there where players come from. I just don't understand why all them Florida college teams has struggled so much after the last Miami team got beat by OSU in the Natty. Back in the 90's the only teams who could beat them were other Florida teams. With all that supposed talent down there they should be in more playoffs and championship games. The only team down there now who is even approaching that level is the Gators. Miami and FSU are terrible now days! Those teams should have the pick of the litter down there.

Well,.looks like Ohio will get a chance to prove the theory.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 651167001/

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:36 am The top teams in Ohio can give those teams a good game usually. St. X gave Lakeland all they could handle one year after they were ranked number 1 the year before. Colerain beat the returning Texas big school champ the first year of the Herbie Classic. Glenville beat a top team in Florida at the Shoe one year with Jack Nicklaus's grandson playing (although they should have lost by a score). St. Eds beat Madonna Fl. a few times. It takes a really standout team to blow out the top Ohio teams. I don't even consider IMG a high school team with players coming from all over the country. More like college to me and that's why a lot of teams wont play them. I read some where even St. Thomas Aquinas has a pretty wide area down there where players come from. I just don't understand why all them Florida college teams has struggled so much after the last Miami team got beat by OSU in the Natty. Back in the 90's the only teams who could beat them were other Florida teams. With all that supposed talent down there they should be in more playoffs and championship games. The only team down there now who is even approaching that level is the Gators. Miami and FSU are terrible now days! Those teams should have the pick of the litter down there.
Players come from all over on a ton of teams.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

I was curious, so I went back a few years to see the last time an Ohio school was ranked in top 3 nationally. I got as far back as like 2013 & gave up.

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/rankings/foo ... tional.htm

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

There's an awful lot to go around in florida.

Ohio State & Alabama & Clemson love south florida recruits too.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... bs-talent/

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

A couple of years ago, in california high school football when Mater Dei & St John Boscoe played there were a total of 49 players between both rosters with at least one fbs offer.

https://www.maxpreps.com/news/raBs6Kyob ... offers.htm

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:32 am

Yea a Div 2 Ohio team taking on a college team should be a real barn burner alright lol. Now when they play real high school team I will take notice.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 am
There's an awful lot to go around in florida.

Ohio State & Alabama & Clemson love south florida recruits too.
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-f ... bs-talent/
Don't disagree with that but why have the college teams down there been so terrible when the players are right in their back yard? Has the recruiting been that bad ? It's a serious question I been miffed about for many years now. I guess you could throw SOCAL in there too since their teams have been even worse than the Florida teams. For whatever reason the best players are skipping home now.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

cbolt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:19 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:32 am

Yea a Div 2 Ohio team taking on a college team should be a real barn burner alright lol. Now when they play real high school team I will take notice.
Sounds like ya kinda afraid of IMG my guy. 😂

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Oh they are bad azz alright, but who wouldn't be with talent from all over the country! Even some Ohio boyz have made the trek down there. ;)

Return to “Football”