Ironton 20 Fairland 14 OT 2021

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Re: Upset Alert: 🚨 Is FAIRLAND a trap game?!! 👀

Post by CAT21 »

I don’t think Ironton has been playing to the best of their ability and it could take a few more weeks to get things to really click. I believe the dragons very well CAN pull off the upset on Friday night. This is the toughest game on fairlands schedule and they are determined to win! Regardless of who wins, I think it will be a great ball game.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

CAT21 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 am I don’t think Ironton has been playing to the best of their ability and it could take a few more weeks to get things to really click. I believe the dragons very well CAN pull off the upset on Friday night. This is the toughest game on fairlands schedule and they are determined to win! Regardless of who wins, I think it will be a great ball game.
If Fairland can make Ironton punt the ball and lean on their defense it could get interesting late if it's close. Curious to see how Ironton approaches things offensively this week after just not looking very good at all last week. We don't have much insight week to week. Is carpenter still injured or is he #2 now? What is the running game gonna look like this week? Is #7 healthy? Seems to be an offense still trying to figure things out. I know they scored 40 on Burg. And I know Jackson is awfully good on defense. I guess for me, I don't believe Fairlands offensive line is much better than Burgs and I dont think Fairlands defense is going to be as good as Jacksons. Irontons secondary didnt play bad at all last week. Fairlands gonna have to be able to run fri night too. I think Ironton is/or should win the los.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:49 am
CAT21 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 am I don’t think Ironton has been playing to the best of their ability and it could take a few more weeks to get things to really click. I believe the dragons very well CAN pull off the upset on Friday night. This is the toughest game on fairlands schedule and they are determined to win! Regardless of who wins, I think it will be a great ball game.
If Fairland can make Ironton punt the ball and lean on their defense it could get interesting late if it's close. Curious to see how Ironton approaches things offensively this week after just not looking very good at all last week. We don't have much insight week to week. Is carpenter still injured or is he #2 now? What is the running game gonna look like this week? Is #7 healthy? Seems to be an offense still trying to figure things out. I know they scored 40 on Burg. And I know Jackson is awfully good on defense. I guess for me, I don't believe Fairlands offensive line is much better than Burgs and I dont think Fairlands defense is going to be as good as Jacksons. Irontons secondary didnt play bad at all last week. Fairlands gonna have to be able to run fri night too. I think Ironton is/or should win the los.

I'm not convinced Irontons offense is as "next man up" as they say. Admittedly I'm also not convinced Burg is all that good this season. Ironton shows flashes on offense but their focus and execution is really off. Ton of penalties etc. Very mistake prone. That speaks to an inexperienced offense.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think the secondary played better because #3 was out there more this week they will come around though. I feel like to have dealt with what they have and starting out with the other 2 big dogs in SEO and being 2-0 they have nothing to be upset about every year Pendleton has been here they have committed a ton of penalties honestly and they usually turn the ball over a lot also but they come out with a win so maybe that’s part of the reason it doesn’t get fixed like it should.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

"NO".. Ironton easily with a running clock....Jackson the team on upset alert if you could even call it an upset.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Welcome back SpeedKillz

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 am Welcome back SpeedKillz
LOL, I thought the exact same thing. Especially when he couldn't just jump into the Fairland and Ironton thread and had to start one like this.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ironton needs to get #7 touching the ball on offense. The kid is their best back.....by FAR....and they ran him 8 times against Burg and I believe less than that against Jackson.

I agree that Ironton has little identity on offense. They are hell on wheels defensively, but I would have thought they would be really good running plays out of certain sets. Its like they try to run so many different looks that they arent good at most of them.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironton will figure it out. The staff has played in 2 straight state championships. That doesn’t happen unless they are really good. (Ask Cleveland Grenville if talent will get you there). They’ve beat two of the best programs in SEO in back to back weeks with a ton of distractions. Injuries to Starting QB and RB/LB not on team. I’ve heard they’ve had other kids miss time due to injuries and sickness. It will come and they will click and when it happens they will be very tough to beat.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

If Fairland is up by less than 8 with 1 second left in the game they can win if they don't kick off too deep. :mrgreen:

frankie
Varsity

Re: Week 3 Fairland @ Ironton

Post by frankie »

Off topic, we will never know, but in my opinion the Kirtland teams Ironton played would beat any team the Burg has fielded. You Burg fans have this
belief that even when you lose you are always the better team. If this hadn't happened, if that hadn't happened, blah blah blah.
You better worry about Russell not the Tigers this week.

Back on topic, can Fairland's line keep Tigers D outta their backfield? I don't see that happening.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Seen Fairland play west, seen Ironton play Jackson.

Not understanding why anyone thinks this game will even be close, but maybe it's me not seeing it .

Nasty Defense
Waterboy

Post by Nasty Defense »

Fairland hasnt seen anything as physical and aggresive as this Tiger team. Running clock

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:12 am Welcome back SpeedKillz
I don't know what this means

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

XandOs wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 am Ironton will figure it out. The staff has played in 2 straight state championships. That doesn’t happen unless they are really good. (Ask Cleveland Grenville if talent will get you there). They’ve beat two of the best programs in SEO in back to back weeks with a ton of distractions. Injuries to Starting QB and RB/LB not on team. I’ve heard they’ve had other kids miss time due to injuries and sickness. It will come and they will click and when it happens they will be very tough to beat.
They beat a team that is ranked 9th in D5 and an unranked d3 team they couldnt move the ball against.

Why try to dress it up?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:07 pm Seen Fairland play west, seen Ironton play Jackson.

Not understanding why anyone thinks this game will even be close, but maybe it's me not seeing it .
Both sides trying to hype it up.

Its 2 teams w 2 wins each, over marginally talented opponents.
And one team is clearly better. The ovc is awful.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Look,Ironton did not play well against Jackson.Did they have something to do with it? Absolutely.Jackson is solid,but I still think the Tigers are better.Its still early in the year.Time will tell.Total respect. :)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LockHerUp wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:51 pm Burg 2017...didn't have to play Kirtland or any MAC school. Otherwise, they wouldn't have won the title. They were VERY lucky in regard to who they had to play in the playoffs that year.
I question you’re knowledge of football. Either that or you didn’t follow them or just want to throw shade to burg.

Cal preps projection
2017 Burg - 22
2019 Ironton- 14

As far as this game ironton by 3 scores. I understand football

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:12 pm
LockHerUp wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:51 pm Burg 2017...didn't have to play Kirtland or any MAC school. Otherwise, they wouldn't have won the title. They were VERY lucky in regard to who they had to play in the playoffs that year.
I question you’re knowledge of football. Either that or you didn’t follow them or just want to throw shade to burg.

Cal preps projection
2017 Burg - 22
2019 Ironton- 14

As far as this game ironton by 3 scores. I understand football
That Burg team was fantastic defending the run. Ironton couldn’t move the ball against that team. And on the offensive side, that Burg team could pass and run; extremely hard to defend. Ironton simply has not produced a team recently at that level.

Now how would that team do against Kirtland and Coldwater? That Burg team was as good or better. However, that Burg team would not have beaten the 2017 Marion Local team. Would have been a good game, but Burg would have been an underdog.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

frankie wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:17 pm Off topic, we will never know, but in my opinion the Kirtland teams Ironton played would beat any team the Burg has fielded. You Burg fans have this
belief that even when you lose you are always the better team. If this hadn't happened, if that hadn't happened, blah blah blah.
You better worry about Russell not the Tigers this week.

Back on topic, can Fairland's line keep Tigers D outta their backfield? I don't see that happening.
1. Fairlands offensive line is gonna get swallowed.
2. Burg fans starting to sound like Ironton fans years ago talking about 89. The 17 team aint walking thru that door and presently Burg is gonna struggle to win their conference.
3. Best player on burgs 17 team was a basketball player. Ironton had an all american blue chip recruit on the 19/20 team.
4. Ironton historically, and presently exceeds burg as a program
5. Ironton 28 Fairland 3
6. The ovc is trash

Return to “Football”