OHSAA should consider moving playoff start week out a couple weeks

mattash
Site Admin

OHSAA should consider moving playoff start week out a couple weeks

Post by mattash »

Give teams time to get make up games in.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
TigerBob
All Conference

Re: OHSAA should consider moving playoff start week out a couple weeks

Post by TigerBob »

I’m thinking they’ll go back to last year and let everyone in, seeded by Harbin.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

More likely to start the playoff earlier and let schools play games after they lose out of the playoffs. A la last year.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I don’t think playoffs will be changed at all. Can we wait for a week that we don’t play at least 90% of games before we look at doing anything drastic.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Let’s just play till January. 😊. Should start season at least a week earlier and be done before thanksgiving. This isn’t college football !

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah I don't see this happening, the easier scenario is just letting everyone in and starting about the same time. Pushing it back is going to be playing state championship games at christmas time. I'm sure the basketball programs and schools would LOVE that. Not happening.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

svac83 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:46 pm I don’t think playoffs will be changed at all. Can we wait for a week that we don’t play at least 90% of games before we look at doing anything drastic.
That's what I don't understand. Everyone is in a panic and we are still getting 90% of the games played.

I think most expected a wave of cases after school got back. Things are going to level out soon and everything will stay on schedule.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Teams that make the second round of the playoffs will already be missing a week of basketball. I agree with an earlier post. Let teams play makeup games after they been eliminated from the play-offs. If you are eliminated and have played 10 games. your season should be over.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

mattash wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:56 pm Give teams time to get make up games in.
Boy the basketball coaches and such would love that! Not to mention they already have contracts on facilities!

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

They should just count every game as part of the playoffs so the OHSAA can get all the gate money from every game in the state. Then they could go back to having a few meetings each year in Hawaii whenever it opens back up. :mrgreen:

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:47 pm
mattash wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:56 pm Give teams time to get make up games in.
Boy the basketball coaches and such would love that! Not to mention they already have contracts on facilities!
Yeah your right, didn't think it through.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I don't know what they can do Mattash. It's affecting children far more now. Ashland Paul Blazer has a 21% out leading to closing to the 13th. As far as attacking younger children, my five year old great niece was diagnosed with seven of her class mates with Covid yesterday. This is a Kindergarten class! Last winter everyone said it wouldn't or couldn't sicken children.

Yours doesn't seem to be a bad idea though. They started the season so early already. Be some ice bowls though! Nothing like watching teams go at it in about 6" of snow

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”