Piketon 62 Valley 36 2021

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Piketon 62 Valley 36 2021

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon defense gave up 4 scores, while being on the field for majority of game. Forced 3 turnovers, dropped several other interceptions, and just couldn’t get off the field when they had several 3rd and longs. I dont count that last score, running clock, Piketon subbed everyone, and valley scores as time expires!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:27 pm This was honestly the first TRUE test for the Piketon defense and to see whether or not the changes they made on defense have helped. With Valley having 18 first downs and 36 points it looks like it didn't help much. However with Piketon scoring 62 points could throw off some things as the defense would've been on the field a lot. Good win
Streaks won’t need to stop anyone with that offense. PV will be the closest game this year and that’s gonna be a route. Streaks are cruising into the playoffs 10-0

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Best team piketon has had in a while wish they would’ve kept Waverly on the schedule that game would’ve been offensive showcase

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Piketon’s offense is for real. They don’t have anyone on that schedule that will stop that. But Valley had no issue moving the ball. They had 2 turnovers right before half but Piketon didn’t stop them otherwise. That won’t be a problem with that offense or who is left on the schedule but Valley pushed 300 yards on the ground. Congrats to the Streaks, they’re a good team. Valley has gained some momentum on offense recently and I think they have a few winnable games coming up.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Valley competed like I thought they would. Depth will be an issue all year. Congrats to Piketon, that offense is a juggernaut.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:51 am Piketon defense gave up 4 scores, while being on the field for majority of game. Forced 3 turnovers, dropped several other interceptions, and just couldn’t get off the field when they had several 3rd and longs. I dont count that last score, running clock, Piketon subbed everyone, and valley scores as time expires!
Well I was able to watch the film on this game, looked like 2 forced turnovers unless we're counting 3 as the kickoff where Valley just stood there. You are correct several missed opportunities on interceptions, Piketon really struggled against the run though not a single turnover on downs or punt from Valley. The last score I look at that as a half and half you're not playing defense same way to start but when I looked at the numbers who started and who was out there 5 guys were out there come TD time, even Gullion started that series on defense.

Need to see some better tackling and they've got to improve against the run as Valley looked very average and they were able to keep moving along. Offense was the best defense as it forced Valley to throw and I thought Piketon did a really nice job of applying pressure and forcing some bad decisions. I get Gullion is the best player on the field but I'd like to see Piketon at least attempt to use a running back and take some of those hits off of him. For their schedule I'm sure it'll work fine in the regular season but I don't see the need in taking the chance of him running or throwing every single down and it won't work come playoff time. Looks like they've got some athletes some other guys need the touches in the running game. I haven't seen any other Piketon games so maybe they do and this game was sort of an anomaly in that department.

Solid team really good offense, defense must keep improving though as Valley basically had quality drives every single time they touched it even the 2 turnovers they were driving down field. Piketon done a nice job of getting to the ball but seemed like it was the 3rd or 4th guy that had to make the tackle first couple were shedding off the ball carrier or missing.

Return to “Football”