IMG gives one of the better Ohio teams the same medicine it gave the fake Ohio team.

teach1coach2
All State

Re: IMG gives one of the better Ohio teams the same medicine it gave the fake Ohio team.

Post by teach1coach2 »

IMG is not a HS team. It's high school kids on a semi-pro team. We have certain Ohio schools that can legally recruit their area of Ohio, IMG recruits nationally, if not internationally.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: IMG gives one of the better Ohio teams the same medicine it gave the fake Ohio team.

Post by Raider6309 »

IMG is a fake school too

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:36 am IMG is a fake school too
Agreed

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

IMG is a prep school for kids that are going D1. Most know that it's not fair to compare them to a normal school.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I think teams play IMG just to get their kids noticed. Probably good money involved too.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:28 am I think teams play IMG just to get their kids noticed. Probably good money involved too.
Spot on! It's all about notoriety!

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

Sounds like ya know ya ohio boys cant hang to me. 🤷‍♂️

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:22 pm Sounds like ya know ya ohio boys cant hang to me. 🤷‍♂️
You’re a hater

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:22 pm Sounds like ya know ya ohio boys cant hang to me. 🤷‍♂️
You’re a hater
How, I'm giving credits to the winners? Sounds like a lotta jealousy directed at IMG though. I dont think many seo athletes would be recruited by IMG. Btw have you seen IMG's campus, facilities? Amazing.

I think their students also perform better academically than most southern ohio students.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:40 pm
You’re a hater
How, I'm giving credits to the winners? Sounds like a lotta jealousy directed at IMG though. I dont think many seo athletes would be recruited by IMG. Btw have you seen IMG's campus, facilities? Amazing.

I think their students also perform better academically than most southern ohio students.
But why even compare IMG athletes to SEO athletes?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:04 pm
You’re a hater

Because seo fans keep saying their teams can "play with anybody."

Soooooo

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:05 pm

Soooooo
Nobody has ever said any team from SEO could beat IMG. You’re just comparing the two to put down SEO football. I’m gonna assume you were never a very good player back in your day and that’s where all the hate is coming from?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

IMG has three levels of high school football teams National, Blue and White . Blue plays the bigger and best teams in Florida and White plays smaller schools .

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Would have rather seen them play a good D1 Ohio team, vice a D2, but they got great athletes at every position.

There’s a reason they all shout out their hometowns in interviews and post game stuff.

But like most said, you’ll have a big gate, great 50/50, maybe get some of your kids noticed, and regardless of the outcome it’s a good experience for most teams to play against them.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:12 pm

Soooooo
Nobody has ever said any team from SEO could beat IMG. You’re just comparing the two to put down SEO football. I’m gonna assume you were never a very good player back in your day and that’s where all the hate is coming from?

Starting to believe the same thing

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:12 pm

Soooooo
He was/is a tuba player. He liked the flute too. Read somewhere on here that he's like 29, lives with his mommy and doesn't work. He's never disputed that so we know it's true. He got picked on by the football players at his SEO high school, still does according to some accounts, and he a wanna be. :lol:

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

coop wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:54 am Would have rather seen them play a good D1 Ohio team, vice a D2, but they got great athletes at every position.

There’s a reason they all shout out their hometowns in interviews and post game stuff.

But like most said, you’ll have a big gate, great 50/50, maybe get some of your kids noticed, and regardless of the outcome it’s a good experience for most teams to play against them.
I kinda feel similar about the Ironton/Moeller game. I don't think Ironton is gaining any real on the field benefit from that game,like our fans seem to think we will. I think Ironton would have been much better served playing a good team they can match up with physically. Friday is just gonna be 4 quarters of watching 3rd graders try to compete against 8th graders figuratively speaking. It's nice promo and probably a good gate but I don't think it benefits em very much on the field. It's just a mismatch. Not much different than when Alabama pays the Citadel to come get beat up.

Return to “Football”