WK 4: Trimble (2-0) @ Waterford (2-1)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: WK 4: Trimble (2-0) @ Waterford (2-1)

Post by formerfcfan »

Stan Smith wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:40 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:26 pm
Stan Smith wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:22 pm I think it's great how Waterford is expected to drop all their plans for Saturday to apiez Trimble.
Did you ever think that It could be something other than being scared.
What a lame excuse. Somehow, this is even dumber than the "Waterford can't lose a day of rest for next week against a team that hasn't scored yet all season" argument earlier in the thread.
Tell me how this is lame smart guy
Being whiny about playing on Saturday is a dumb and bad look.

It's a minor inconvenience to those who don't typically play on Saturday.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:50 pm
What a lame excuse. Somehow, this is even dumber than the "Waterford can't lose a day of rest for next week against a team that hasn't scored yet all season" argument earlier in the thread.

That's all you got.😂

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm interested in hearing what plans had to be canceled? Btw, you didnt appease Trimble, you did what was right as every school, team, program is struggling to find some sort of normalcy amid a global pandemic.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

That's all you got 😂

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

Stan Smith wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:01 pm

That's all you got 😂
So you’d rather this be a no contest and share the TVC title with them?

While Trimble is willing to bring an undermanned team that hasn’t practiced in 10 days down to Waterford and play a game on 3 days practice (after a 10 day break)?

Sounds like Trimble would rather settle it on the field whether they’re at a disadvantage or not, and Waterford people would rather “share” and not play?

Tells me all I need to know about why Trimble has won 3 in a row

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

SEOFootball wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:09 pm

That's all you got 😂

While Trimble is willing to bring an undermanned team that hasn’t practiced in 10 days down to Waterford and play a game on 3 days practice (after a 10 day break)?

Sounds like Trimble would rather settle it on the field whether they’re at a disadvantage or not, and Waterford people would rather “share” and not play?

Hey, maybe Waterford piled the whole team up on the ground within 3 feet of a positive player and had to quarantine the whole team? Every think of that? Or, maybe they think it's okay to play Southern or SG but don't want to risk a loss? Oh wait, that isn't Waterford who does that. :mrgreen:

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:14 pm
That's all you got 😂

Hey, maybe Waterford piled the whole team up on the ground within 3 feet of a positive player and had to quarantine the whole team? Every think of that? Or, maybe they think it's okay to play Southern or SG but don't want to risk a loss? Oh wait, that isn't Waterford who does that. :mrgreen:
A positive? I’ve heard Trimble had 20+.

Thinking Trimble is trying to duck Waterford is comical considering they’re going down there knowing they’re missing some kids and coming off 10 days of no practice, and Wateford still tried to not play them!

Scared of the 4peat?

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

I’m glad Waterford didn’t get their way of a ‘no contest’..

Nice to know this game will be played and settled on the field instead of a co-league champion that Waterford wanted 😂

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford already agreed to play sat night why is this being drove into the mud?

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

SEOFootball wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:23 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:14 pm

A positive? I’ve heard Trimble had 20+.

Thinking Trimble is trying to duck Waterford is comical considering they’re going down there knowing they’re missing some kids and coming off 10 days of no practice, and Wateford still tried to not play them!

Scared of the 4peat?
Trimble is "going down" because if they don't they know they have no chance of winning the Hocking. But they're also trying to manipulate the date so they can get more players back. Maybe NY should have asked LU to play on Monday so they would have more players back? Nah, NY nuts up and plays who they have. Other teams pick and choose who they play and play the "quarantine" card to their liking. :mrgreen:

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:26 pm Waterford already agreed to play sat night why is this being drove into the mud?
Because Trimble wants to make it a big deal and make it look like Waterford is "scared" of them. One thing is for sure, Trimble didn't play VC last week so who's "scared"? :mrgreen:

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

For any of u using my post as a dig at either team. Screw u. I mean. U are lowest of low. I was stating what I had heard about return to competition. And also asking if it may or may not b true. I could care less about the game. So don’t use my quotes to push ur agenda. I love high school football and want every team n our area fo well. I understand banter but let’s b serious. Some of these comments are down right ignorant. I guarantee neither team is scared or trying to duck the other. And no I’m not butt hurt. Just get tired of the unintelligent comments

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Older bird wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:36 pm For any of u using my post as a dig at either team. Screw u. I mean. U are lowest of low. I was stating what I had heard about return to competition. And also asking if it may or may not b true. I could care less about the game. So don’t use my quotes to push ur agenda. I love high school football and want every team n our area fo well. I understand banter but let’s b serious. Some of these comments are down right ignorant. I guarantee neither team is scared or trying to duck the other. And no I’m not butt hurt. Just get tired of the unintelligent comments
You posted earlier on this thread? :mrgreen:

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:48 pm
Older bird wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:36 pm For any of u using my post as a dig at either team. Screw u. I mean. U are lowest of low. I was stating what I had heard about return to competition. And also asking if it may or may not b true. I could care less about the game. So don’t use my quotes to push ur agenda. I love high school football and want every team n our area fo well. I understand banter but let’s b serious. Some of these comments are down right ignorant. I guarantee neither team is scared or trying to duck the other. And no I’m not butt hurt. Just get tired of the unintelligent comments
U just made my point

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Older bird wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 pm
U just made my point
So, your point is that I didn't know you even posted earlier? Okay, point taken. :mrgreen:

SEOFootball
Waterboy

Post by SEOFootball »

In all seriousness I’m glad they worked it out so the game can be played. Happy for the kids. Hope it’s a good game. Waterford gave Fort Frye all they wanted so expect a great showing from the Wildcats. Trimble is loaded and expects a long season so throw the excuses from either side out the window because when they line em up Saturday it should be a good one.

Early TVC Championship on a Saturday night, don’t have to miss the Ohio state game? Expect a nice crowd as well.

Good luck to both squads, this will be the 10th consecutive season the winner of this game wins the league.

tomcatsroll
Freshman Team

Post by tomcatsroll »

People need to wake up and realize that this is going to be an ongoing battle all year about teams being flexible and trying to make games happen.

I am sure at some point during the year, every school in the area will have to cancel a game or pick up a different game because of cancellation.

Also, remember this game is about a bunch of 14-18 year old kids. Kids that play the game for the love of the game and sport. It is not the kids choice rather they play or not, its up to the AD's and coaches.

I am glad they have found a medium ground on this game so that it can be played for the KIDS!

I am hoping for a great game and an injury free game.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Pit Stop Billy wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:19 pm
Older bird wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:58 pm

U just made my point
So, your point is that I didn't know you even posted earlier? Okay, point taken. :mrgreen:
Double point taken. Of course maybe u a genius and I n minority but I like to read the whole thread before I slide n and troll. Just happy game is being played.

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

SEOFootball wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:04 am Trimble AD just posted on their booster page. Game is Saturday at 7pm. From what I heard yesterday, I’m surprised to see this game being played considering the amount of kids that won’t be back.

Let’s hope for a good game and both teams get/stay healthy. League championship, Saturday 7pm!
My nephew was one of the one who had it, and will be cleared tomorrow and can return to normal activities Fri.

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:44 am
Enforcer wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:31 pm Was just told this game will be played on Saturday now
Not true at all.
Waterford does not want to play on Saturday.
They are the host team, it's their decision to make.
Game will be played Sat.

Return to “Football”