Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by FightingTiger99 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:09 pm Once the 10.4 guy gets lit up,he won’t be a factor.Trust me,Pendleton knows that.
My god man please have some humility. We could barely move the ball.against Fairland. You don't look loyal. You look silly.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:52 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:20 am
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 am Hey 99,hope you didn’t have this attitude when and if you played for Lutz.you would have been on the bench quick even if you were a starter.Go Tigers!
Honesty is a frowned upon trait in Ironton?
I guess you can read the future 99.This is one sad alumni.
Have you ever heard the idea about how the people who REALLY got love and appreciation accept you for what you ARE and they do NOT lie to you about what you are not? That applies here.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:09 pm Once the 10.4 guy gets lit up,he won’t be a factor.Trust me,Pendleton knows that.
Kid has played against Bishop Hartley, Trinity, LaSalle, Elder, St Ignatius, St. Ed, St X…

But Ironton is going to be the team to light him up and make him a non-factor. And why? Because Pendleton knows.

St X plays Moeller next week. Although St X is defending D1 state champ, sounds like they have a lot to learn from Ironton and Pendleton.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:33 pm
Kid has played against Bishop Hartley, Trinity, LaSalle, Elder, St Ignatius, St. Ed, St X…

But Ironton is going to be the team to light him up and make him a non-factor. And why? Because Pendleton knows.

St X plays Moeller next week. Although St X is defending D1 state champ, sounds like they have a lot to learn from Ironton and Pendleton.
Thank you. It's like a lot of people on here just want to make cheer posts but if you want to discuss the game realistically they get offended and start rattling off stuff that doesn't make any sense or they start rattling off platiudes in advance of a perceived loss about how bold they were to schedule them. Just let the game be the game and speak for itself.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:33 pm

Does that mean we are also gonna light up Moellers offensive line? A week after we didn't light up Fairlands offensive line? Two weeks AFTER Jackson pushed our defensive line around the entire second half? C'mon. Smh

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

I commend Ironton for scheduling this game but this will not be pretty. Moeller of the last 2 years was an anomaly and Ironton is not on par with the past two years, even with all healthy starters. I think Big Moe names the score in this one, potentially by 30+. Too much talent for the tigers. Good luck to both teams, and stay healthy!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:56 pm I commend Ironton for scheduling this game but this will not be pretty. Moeller of the last 2 years was an anomaly and Ironton is not on par with the past two years, even with all healthy starters. I think Big Moe names the score in this one, potentially by 30+. Too much talent for the tigers. Good luck to both teams, and stay healthy!
You are right about Moeller being down the past two years. But even that “down” Moeller team last year best Columbus Hartley by 17 points. Physically overmatched Hartley.

Hartley’s losses last year? Once to Moeller and 3 times to Columbus DeSales (the D3 state runner up).

FightingTiger99
JV Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:15 pm
spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:56 pm I commend Ironton for scheduling this game but this will not be pretty. Moeller of the last 2 years was an anomaly and Ironton is not on par with the past two years, even with all healthy starters. I think Big Moe names the score in this one, potentially by 30+. Too much talent for the tigers. Good luck to both teams, and stay healthy!
You are right about Moeller being down the past two years. But even that “down” Moeller team last year best Columbus Hartley by 17 points. Physically overmatched Hartley.

Hartley’s losses last year? Once to Moeller and 3 times to Columbus DeSales (the D3 state runner up).
Moellers offense is averaging around 40 per game right now I think.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:09 am Hey 99,hope you didn’t have this attitude when and if you played for Lutz.you would have been on the bench quick even if you were a starter.Go Tigers!
artis I don't think fightingtiger99 is a Tiger alumni. :lol:
Last edited by frankie on Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Ironton

FightingTiger99
JV Team

frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:22 pm

I am a mature Tiger alumni. There are a few of us. 😂

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I will have to agree with that.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It’s the same clown who keeps getting back on and spamming every thread. Clearly needs to download a dating app or something.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 pm

It’s the same clown who keeps getting back on and spamming every thread. Clearly needs to download a dating app or something.
Bingo TigerBob. He is a poser and a troll.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Anybody know why they don’t utilize the Miami commit? #24 blocks great and RUNS the ball great! He’s what 6’3 and 230 pounds? He runs over people. He has great hands and you see him not being played to his best ability. Surely the Pendelton’s see that! He’s as big as Reid Carrico was and could put a hurting on somebody! AND he was a great T/E. I don’t understand it! He even does great at linebacker and you don’t see him there. A lot of people are wondering the same thing in the stands.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:48 pm Anybody know why they don’t utilize the Miami commit? #24 blocks great and RUNS the ball great! He’s what 6’3 and 230 pounds? He runs over people. He has great hands and you see him not being played to his best ability. Surely the Pendelton’s see that! He’s as big as Reid Carrico was and could put a hurting on somebody! AND he was a great T/E. I don’t understand it! He even does great at linebacker and you don’t see him there. A lot of people are wondering the same thing in the stands.
Maybe because the game is won in the trenches. Wasn’t he recruited as a TE and DE. If you take him off the LOS on both sides you lose a guy that can rush the passer and control line of scrimmage. There’s more to winning footba than carrying the ball or just making tackles. I’ve seen them
Put him at FB and he does a nice job but then you lose the TE blocking prowess that is big in Ironton offense. I think as the season goes the duncan kid and others will be used more and more.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 pm

Truth is I'm probably closer to knowing more than you about this program. Had close fam that started on both state teams, 79/89, I'm alumni, I was actually present for both titles. As a kid in the stands. Friends with some of the names discussed in this programs lineage. Grew up as family to some too. I don't have to write hallmark cards or be delusional to pass your imaginary test as to what a fan or supporter of this program is. Have been my entire life. I'm just not insecure or delusional. I can talk about football honestly. I don't have to write love letters on a sports chat board. And I am not so thin skinned I get on here and treat any criticism of my team as an attack or slander.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:56 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:48 pm Anybody know why they don’t utilize the Miami commit? #24 blocks great and RUNS the ball great! He’s what 6’3 and 230 pounds? He runs over people. He has great hands and you see him not being played to his best ability. Surely the Pendelton’s see that! He’s as big as Reid Carrico was and could put a hurting on somebody! AND he was a great T/E. I don’t understand it! He even does great at linebacker and you don’t see him there. A lot of people are wondering the same thing in the stands.
Maybe because the game is won in the trenches. Wasn’t he recruited as a TE and DE. If you take him off the LOS on both sides you lose a guy that can rush the passer and control line of scrimmage. There’s more to winning footba than carrying the ball or just making tackles. I’ve seen them
Put him at FB and he does a nice job but then you lose the TE blocking prowess that is big in Ironton offense. I think as the season goes the duncan kid and others will be used more and more.
I did notice on the few touches he has gotten he hasn't showed a whole lot as far as ability to explode and make a big play. He's got some size and haven't really seen much at all from him catchin balls cause the passing game has been as bad as the running game.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:56 pm

Yes he did get recruited for TE I believe. He’s been moved to fullback now. They use him to run the ball when they need a 1st down. He does a great job blocking. We are on game 4 now. And I’m aware that their is more to winning than carrying the ball. The Tigers are barely winning.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

I was thinking, I wonder if Keys returning will help give the offense more stability? Obviously we're not going to get a good read on that this friday cause the mismatch is so large. But then next week is South Point so do ya get any better of a read there? It's almost like one extreme to the next with no real consistent measure of how Ironton is progressing as far as being prepared for week 11, 12, 13, etc type teams. I feel like w the injuries and the departures Ironton came into this season as a much more unknown commodity than they anticipated being. This is week 4. And QB1 still isn't back. And that's another thing. Are you really gonna get a good read on Ironton the rest of the way? It's Moe, then SP and a huge drop to the other extreme. I'm just afraid that hurts a team still trying to figure things out and plug guys into the mix. We'll see. Just an honest concern.

Return to “Football”