2021 Meigs 6 - 13 Nelsonville-York

NY BUCK
All State

Re: WK 6: Nelsonville-York (2-3) @ Meigs (2-2)

Post by NY BUCK »

I thought there would be more scoring as well. NY moved the ball pretty well just turned it over to much. Only got the ball three times in the first half and fumbled on two of those drives. One on the Meigs side of the field and the other right on the goal line. NY loses the ball again on a strip and score. NYs defense did a really good job of keeping Meigs out of the end zone. Meigs also had trouble holding on to the ball and fumbled one on their goal line as well. Meigs had a chance to get the ball back but fumbled the punt and the bucks recovered it inside the 10 yard line and kneed it out for the win.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 pm thought there would be scoring in this one.
Meigs had 4 touchdowns called off by some very questionable calls.
If I were NY, I'd be trying hard to get this crew for the reminder of their games.
This isn't one of NY's better teams, however they are very well coached and they play hard.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

Cypress wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 am
noreply66 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:41 pm thought there would be scoring in this one.
Meigs had 4 touchdowns called off by some very questionable calls.
If I were NY, I'd be trying hard to get this crew for the reminder of their games.
This isn't one of NY's better teams, however they are very well coached and they play hard.
😂😂😂 this is just comical. Meigs has been penalized all year consistently, this game was no different. NY also should’ve scored 4 more TD’s but again holding on to the ball was an issue. So many should’ve /would’ve / could’ve moments in every single game, this was no different. Teams have to play through that, and at the end NY came out on top. On to the next game

GRFan
Varsity

Re: 2021 Meigs 6 - 13 Nelsonville-York

Post by GRFan »

Isn't Meigs the only team in the TVC that will not use a league assigner?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GRFan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:28 pm Isn't Meigs the only team in the TVC that will not use a league assigner?
I believe so. And they also have the longest TVC championship losing streak dating back to 1998. Maybe they should switch it up.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

They were awful last night. NY got a first down late in the game and they moved the chains for a first down, then moved the ball back and moved the chains back and wouldn’t even measure it. Then gave us a 15 yard penalty for arguing the call.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:56 pm
GRFan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:28 pm Isn't Meigs the only team in the TVC that will not use a league assigner?
I believe so. And they also have the longest TVC championship losing streak dating back to 1998. Maybe they should switch it up.
Meigs uses a assigner

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

itsme wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:25 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:56 pm
Meigs uses a assigner
Interesting. I believe the rest of the Ohio division uses one. Although it’s each schools assigner. So I’m sure they can still have input on who the assigner picks. Do the hocking schools use them?

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

Ny did move the ball but fumbles stopped drives. Meigs lost starting tailback on the first drive, lost starting tackle and linebacker on the second drive, and lost starting guard late in the first half. But NY also had some out as well. I only state that to show how well those backups played on both for in NY and Meigs.

Meigs first drive ended at the 3rd-yard line when on 3rd and goal play call miscommunication caused a huge loss for Meigs and effectively ended the drive. They dropped a pick-six, two touchdowns called back, a fumble at the goal-line, a pass that looked to get in but was called short and a slip allowed NY to get their first score. Meigs had plenty of opportunities to win the game but failed to convert. Officials were active but were not the reason Meigs came up short. They did not make the plays when it mattered and NY did. Congrats to them!

I hear there was the loss of family members this week for a couple of players that added to what ended as a tough week for the Meigs kids.
Prayers for them and their families.

NY will look to get healthy and have a date on October 15th with the Vinton County Vikes that will most likely determine the league champion.

Stay healthy TVC and good luck NY the rest of the year.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

One player lost his mom Saturday the 18th and one lost his grandfather during the game

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

itsme wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:22 pm One player lost his mom Saturday the 18th and one lost his grandfather during the game
Sorry to hear that. Never an easy thing to go through.

Return to “Football”