WK7 Unioto - Zane Trace

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: WK7 Unioto - Zane Trace

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:40 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:16 pm

Was actually told this very thing by an official couple weeks back, heck of a guy and great basketball coach but simply doesn't have the football knowledge.
If I was Unioto I would be patient. I think they will be much better the next couple years. If not after that then look at the program moving forward. Wouldn't pull the plug to early.
No ones calling for the guys job he's got a young team, but the question will remain can he take a mediocre team and make them good or is he simply a coach that has to have the right group there and just not mess it up.
That's why I said, be patient. Time will tell.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:49 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:40 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:35 pm
If I was Unioto I would be patient. I think they will be much better the next couple years. If not after that then look at the program moving forward. Wouldn't pull the plug to early.
No ones calling for the guys job he's got a young team, but the question will remain can he take a mediocre team and make them good or is he simply a coach that has to have the right group there and just not mess it up.
That's why I said, be patient. Time will tell.
He isn’t there to coach, he’s there because his sons are playing. He will be done when his kids graduate. Everyone says they are young but they have 18 juniors. They get outcoached every game. The OC and DC don’t know what they’re doing either. It’s daddy ball.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Attended this game. It was a typical Zt vs Unioto game. Lots of emotion, hard hits, fans yelling. Couple personal fouls on both teams. Even a Unioto player got a personal foul for trying to throw a Zt Players mouthpiece into the stands after it fell out of his mouth 🤷🏻‍♂️. Both teams played hard but sloppy at times. Zt ran the ball well and completed a couple big passes when needed. Unioto moved the ball but Zt’s defense made the stops when needed. Unioto was held to 2 field goals and had one long passing td to the Galloway kid. Galloway also dropped a wide open td earlier in the game. Overall Zt controlled from the open snap just never pulled away. Unioto and Zt both have Paint Valley in Consecutive weeks. Could make for some good football!

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

I think when you watch Coach Hoops tanks you see flashes. I think Unioto has some talent at the skill position with Fox, Netter and Galloway all being able to do damage with the football. I think anyone that has been around Coach Hoops especially when it comes to play calling knows that he is very good at keeping the defense off balance and exposing their tendencies. I think Hoops will get this team playing good ball to finish the season and moving onto next year. Only 5-6 seniors means a lot of the guys will be back and they are building to be ready.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Daddy ball is going to win them the league next year

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:52 pm Daddy ball is going to win them the league next year
That and returning the entire roster pretty much.
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:28 pm
mlittle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:52 pm Daddy ball is going to win them the league next year
That a returning the entire roster pretty much.
Patience. Wasn't that a song?
Or maybe an Aaron Rodgers quote-"RELAX".

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:28 pm
That a returning the entire roster pretty much.
Patience. Wasn't that a song?
Or maybe an Aaron Rodgers quote-"RELAX".
Chris Cornell does a great cover of this song. You tube it, ur welcome

Return to “Football”