Coach eddy on the hot seat?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coach eddy on the hot seat?

Post by noreply66 »

Big_Spicy_MeatBall wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm There is a firm opinion in coaching circles to the north and west of Logan that it’s not an attractive job, and being a D2 independent doesn’t help matters.
Its because Logan Ohio is NOT an attractive place to be. It's a very toxic community. There are literally tons of stuff about it on tik tok etc.
Tik Tok tik tok the clock is running

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tough call.

Love ya when you win snd hate you win you lose.

Good luck.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:59 am Tough call.

Love ya when you win snd hate you win you lose.

Good luck.
Actually, I'd rather have that than, "It's the players" when you win and "it's the coaching" when you lose or vice versa.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:59 pm There is a firm opinion in coaching circles to the north and west of Logan that it’s not an attractive job, and being a D2 independent doesn’t help matters.
Its because Logan Ohio is NOT an attractive place to be. It's a very toxic community. There are literally tons of stuff about it on tik tok etc.
:lol: .... I moved from the Cleveland area years ago to a place just outside of Logan......... Logan might not be perfect but it's miles better than them festering crime ridden poopholes in the city.........
It's toxic just about in any community this day and age. I know of other Cities/Towns/Suburbs or Villages much more worse than Logan people reside in. TikTok? :roll: Com-on Meatball! :lol:

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

I think meat head is taking a little vacation since he hasn't posted all day...... I noticed he seems to not like country folks for some reason... hum???? He will be back any time now spewing his garbage under another name.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

:lol: .... I moved from the Cleveland area years ago to a place just outside of Logan......... Logan might not be perfect but it's miles better than them festering crime ridden poopholes in the city.........
Inches, I knew that you and I would agree on some things, Logan is not that bad of a place to live. We're fine as long as we're not discussing a couple college football teams. Lol

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Sidethrower wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:16 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:08 am Ironton went through this a few years ago and got the right coach to lead the program.
Yes, hire a new coach and recruit from other schools like crazy....Definitely a winning formula!!!!
really Ironton hired a unproven coach after being turned down by several.
The coach showed he was a winner and could not only coach but help the kids to go to the next level with scholarship opportunities.
Kids want to win parents want to win don't fault a coach or a program for doing that.
But then your a hater no doubt who if had a coach that was winning and kids transferred in you would protest that right ?
I mean you wouldn't want to be a hypocrite would you ?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:00 am

Inches, I knew that you and I would agree on some things, Logan is not that bad of a place to live. We're fine as long as we're not discussing a couple college football teams. Lol
Logan is a great town and not far from Columbus in manor of speaking has a lot to offer as does the other communities around it.
Problem is Logan is a large rural area.
But in all honesty a beautiful community

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 pm I’d echo what Locos said. I was born and raised in Logan . Great place to grow up in. After college and teaching and coaching for awhile, I realized I wanted more for my 4 kids and went to the business world where I competed successfully based on my Logan upbringing. I looked for a mirror image of Logan as a place to raise my family and found it.

I can’t remember a time I lived in Logan playing and coaching where we didn’t have good players. What is going on now makes little sense. But they are awful. I’m not sold on the coach and said so when they hired him. My evaluation means little, so they will have to decide what the future is.

Logan, despite having good success over a long period of time, is not looked at favorably by coaches. I knew that when I coached and had no desire to go back as the HC. Especially as an independent it will be tough to get someone top shelf to take the job.
Hopefully with Columbus population heading south it helps Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:54 pm
Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:36 pm I’d echo what Locos said. I was born and raised in Logan . Great place to grow up in. After college and teaching and coaching for awhile, I realized I wanted more for my 4 kids and went to the business world where I competed successfully based on my Logan upbringing. I looked for a mirror image of Logan as a place to raise my family and found it.

I can’t remember a time I lived in Logan playing and coaching where we didn’t have good players. What is going on now makes little sense. But they are awful. I’m not sold on the coach and said so when they hired him. My evaluation means little, so they will have to decide what the future is.

Logan, despite having good success over a long period of time, is not looked at favorably by coaches. I knew that when I coached and had no desire to go back as the HC. Especially as an independent it will be tough to get someone top shelf to take the job.
Hopefully with Columbus population heading south it helps Logan
They have been saying that for a good ten years now and no sign of it yet.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Would not surprised me if Penrod heads that way???

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The place were Penrod is now would probably have to fall completely apart for him to leave.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:36 pm Would not surprised me if Penrod heads that way???
Not going to happen.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

noreply66 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:38 pm The place were Penrod is now would probably have to fall completely apart for him to leave.
I could see him leave coaching for a little while but don't see him leaving the area or school

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I have too agree with svac83. I also can see him stepping away from coaching for awhile but not leave the area or the school. But once a coach all most always a coach even when you get older, the itch is always there!
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Never know??? :roll:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm Never know??? :roll:
I'm not guessing. Penrod won't be the head football coach at Logan High School next fall.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

svac and mtswngrvsg seem to have the same info I do, LOL.

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:47 pm I have too agree with svac83. I also can see him stepping away from coaching for awhile but not leave the area or the school. But once a coach all most always a coach even when you get older, the itch is always there!
If he has a son in school I can relate. If he decides to hang it up to "spend more time with his son" he'll be criticized just like I was. Who cares though and if he steps down because of that at the end of this season and coaches somewhere else next season it doesn't mean he wasn't truthful. Just might mean he found a better situation where he knows he can win. Been there done that. So, stay off his back if he makes that decision is what I would tell everyone.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Arnie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:49 am
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:47 pm I have too agree with svac83. I also can see him stepping away from coaching for awhile but not leave the area or the school. But once a coach all most always a coach even when you get older, the itch is always there!
If he has a son in school I can relate. If he decides to hang it up to "spend more time with his son" he'll be criticized just like I was. Who cares though and if he steps down because of that at the end of this season and coaches somewhere else next season it doesn't mean he wasn't truthful. Just might mean he found a better situation where he knows he can win. Been there done that. So, stay off his back if he makes that decision is what I would tell everyone.
agree

Return to “Football”