OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by MrFirstTake »

This guys has the biggest case of LDS I have ever seen in my life!!
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:07 pm This guys had the biggest case of LDS I have ever seen in my life!!
They ever gonna flex on a good team?
I don’t listen to mediocre people I don’t know you for being first in anything 🤷‍♂️ so your opinion holds no weight here

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They only remember champions and unfortunately mr. blaze I’ve never heard of you being celebrated as champ?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’m done arguing Ironton is average and Ironton has played all of the teams you speak of in the regular season besides midland and it never landed them a state title so???? Wrong again

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Really is there not a moderator on here who’s tired of this dude hijacking threads? Look at all this stupid stuff he’s posting? Hell make me a moderator I’ll get rid of this dude. Enough is enough. I come here to read about Ironton & Portsmouth, and all I see is garbage from this loser.

RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

My second post on here and I have to ask a question. Moderators is it policy to let someone destroy a topic?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RR 78 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 am My second post on here and I have to ask a question. Moderators is it policy to let someone destroy a topic?
If they are not attacking posters and staying on topic, hard to lock them out for me.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 am Point blank like the woby guy said.

From this week on Irontons gonna have to go WIN games. We haven't seen that in about 6 weeks. It's been all gimmees.

Might come back to haunt em.
Its a fair critique. It's haunted em the last two years. #UNproven

PS: sayin "well we didnt lose til the last game" IS NOT the flex you think it is Ironton fans. Cause I see you repeat that a lot. "We didn't lose til the last game" only means we didn't finish our job. We missed our mark. That is ALL it means. Once you don't finish, you are just another team that didn't. Just like the rest. That is why there is ONE champ at the end. You like to talk like the champs all season, but then get sensitive because you fail time after time to walk like the champs. Meanwhile Kirtland just quietly handles their business. Ironton is the lil chihuahua that barks alot & Kirtland is the big quiet german sheppard that just waits. You have the nerve of an ankle biter. Lol. Wanna be a big dog ya gonna have to eat like one. Maybe its the expectation that bothers you Ironton? Maybe ya just wanna keep on ACTING like a big dog instead of being held to a big dog standard. Maybe Ironton isn't use to that? The town tells me Ironton is accustomed to apathy. A lot of folks just getting by. Maybe that's been the culture for so long in that old use to be industrial town any thing beyond it feels almost offensive? Maybe Ironton has been conditioned over time to not expect MORE? Crabs in a barrell will pull ya down just cause they don't wanna see anyone else meet the moments they were never really ready for. The reason it hurts is because it's true. Banning me doesn't change that. It just means you can't stand up to the truth. Sorry, NOT sorry. Irontons culture is all.about JUST missing their mark. Folding when it was time to finish under the brightest lights. To really take the next step as a program that culture has to change. Have to be a team that finishes. I'm sorry you are too insecure for facts. Call Tiger Leverde. Heard he knows a lil somethin about building a culture that FINISHES. I would think Ironton would get tired of being them Northeast Ohio boys punching bag at some point.

Are these facts a source of sensitivity for you Tiger fans? Cause
they SHOULD be. You should have it in ya locker room PINNED!!

#UNproven
#90sBuffaloBills
#JohnCooper
#predatorsinregion. #PaperTigersoutsideofit.
#lOcKtHEgAtE
#tHefAcToRY
Some people (Ironton) cannot handle the truth! This guy is 💯 about you people getting upset on here about it. If you don’t like then don’t get on here and read it. It’s that simple. I feel like Ironton has a bunch of ❄️ that live their now which use to be an area of hard nose working people. Ole have times changed. I’ll give you a hash tag.
#IrontonisnottoogoodfortheOVC

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:31 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:01 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:43 pm

They ever gonna flex on a good team?
I don’t listen to mediocre people I don’t know you for being first in anything 🤷‍♂️ so your opinion holds no weight here
Its a good thing you boys never played any ball at a playground outside seo man. Lol. Skins too thin. I think some of ya might fold under pressure. Chilllll. Its just banter my god. 😂😂😂
Did you play ball period?? Probably at river valley or somewhere 🤣
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:44 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:12 pm Really is there not a moderator on here who’s tired of this dude hijacking threads? Look at all this stupid stuff he’s posting? Hell make me a moderator I’ll get rid of this dude. Enough is enough. I come here to read about Ironton & Portsmouth, and all I see is garbage from this loser.
Scroll up. I talked about the game. Thread was never "hijacked." That's just your narrative because I DARE be unbiased and not heap undeserved praise at your team. FYI when you go back you'll see I predicted Ironton to win.

However I also
• challenged their strength of schedule and the timing of it. How the offense never really clicked until they faced weaker teams and I wondered aloud if it would be as succesfull against better teams.

• challenged the narrative that Ironton has already faced deep playoff caliber teams and stated why I believed they have not

• Acknowledged they have the talent to function at the same high level.

• acknowledged their depth and talent at multiple positions.

• Touted their defense as ELITE.

Your problem is I am NOT an Ironton SIMP or a simp for any program. I am 100% unbiased but your insecurity is naturally threatened by that because some of you guys that have been here hanging on for maybe a lil too long want these convos to read like hallmark cards. Ya want the pitchers to throw all softballs and I do not and it bruises that HUGE Ironton ego. That's kinda Irontons problem to begin with. Ya been spoiled with softballs for how many weeks straight now? Last time ya faced decent resistance ya needed ot and a miracle to win em, and last time you faced an ELITE team, ya folded like a lawn chair. So here we are week 10 and I am the bad guy for saying Ironton needs to PROVE IT still?

Smh. You dudes are sooooo insecure about your team. It is so blatant. You wear it on your sleeves. You are unsure too and that is why when you hear it or read it aloud, it hits different.

A hit dog hollers son. 💯 I know exactly how you feel. You got a lil anxiety about the 2021 fighting tigers. I think it's warranted. They are a lot less unproven this season. Stands to reason. But don't take it out on me.

Well I mean I’m not an Ironton supporter. I’m a proud graduate of Portsmouth high school. I love this rivalry. Was huge when I was in school. It’s still a big game but it’s lost some of its flare due to Ironton having taken control really. Once again I’m here to read about the game. You are here to bash Ironton. Normally I wouldn’t care, I didn’t really care about it when it didn’t involve the team I support. So everything you just wrote doesn’t even apply to me BUD. Maybe if you had read the thread from the beginning you would’ve realized I’m a Portsmouth supporter. I’m about as unbiased as it gets. I think Ironton wins this game. I hope Portsmouth does, but at the end of the day I want to read about these 2 teams man. I don’t want to read about how trash Ironton’s schedule is, how they should play spring valley. How they are scared of kentucky teams. How the rest of the OVC sucks. What the hell does that have to do with this game? You say I want it to read like a hallmark card? Buddy at the end of the day there’s a very high chance my team is on the losing in. Ironton is good, and playing af Ironton is never easy. But here I am still wanting to engage with people over this game, read predictions, most that have Ironton on top. Doesn’t really read like a hallmark card to me. But once again you failed to read from the beginning to notice who I’m a fan of. Evidently it’s not just Ironton fans tired of your crap.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

If you all dont debate him he will go away,or get another user name lmao

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 am Trojans defense needs to go after Carpenter btw. Hit him as much as possible. If you disrupt him, they'll fall apart. 💯
You just joined a few days ago. Trust me when I say nobody cares what you say on here.

As for the game- Ironton wins. They have played a MUCH tougher schedule and they are MUCH better, tougher and physical in the trenches than Portsmouth. That will be the difference among other things.

Ironton also plays much better defense than Portsmouth. I dont even know if I would give Portsmouth any edge offensively because with Carpenter throwing the ball for Ironton, they seem to be more fluid and balanced on offense than they were early in the season.

PHS 17
Ironton 38

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

A lot of folks thinking Ironton is going to run off and leave Portsmouth and it's possible. Ironton is a good team and sometimes even the closest match-up on paper can turn into a route in a high school game, even when two really good teams meet in the final four or championship game. I think a lot of people are thinking this will be like 09 when Portsmouth came in 8-1 and got killed but this is a different year and this is a different team. Ironton was a running team and we had already lost to a run first Gallia team by 3 tds earlier that year. This year we have lost 2 games by 1 point each and the inability to stop the run didn't really factor into either loss.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironton just needs to do the basics take care of the ball and keep the penalties low and they win. I know the Roe and that offense is really good but it’s hard for me to pick against Ironton at home on senior night and that defense!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:19 am A lot of folks thinking Ironton is going to run off and leave Portsmouth and it's possible. Ironton is a good team and sometimes even the closest match-up on paper can turn into a route in a high school game, even when two really good teams meet in the final four or championship game. I think a lot of people are thinking this will be like 09 when Portsmouth came in 8-1 and got killed but this is a different year and this is a different team. Ironton was a running team and we had already lost to a run first Gallia team by 3 tds earlier that year. This year we have lost 2 games by 1 point each and the inability to stop the run didn't really factor into either loss.
It kind of did. Couldn’t stop Fairland from running the ball. I don’t know their rushing stats from that game, but they didn’t have crap passing the ball. I’d say the mud probably even slowed that rushing attack down as well. Waverly the 2 point conversion was a running play, that was the deciding factor of the game. But I see what you mean, those teams ultimately didn’t run wild on the Trojans to obtain the win. I will say to me the Trojans had more trouble stopping the run from Coal Grove than either of these teams. The difference to me is Ironton can do both. They have several good backs that they will run right at you with. If they wear us down in the run game that will open the passing game up. 2 good receivers in Masters and Perkins. We didn’t see that element from Fairland, they didn’t really throw the ball. Waverly pretty much only threw the balls granted they ran the ball well at times too. But to this point the Trojans haven’t faced a team that can do both well. I hope the defensive line really comes to play. They are going to need to get penetration in the backfield all night, be more physical and aggressive than the offensive line of Ironton. If they are going to beat you running them make them work for it, make a move or run through you. If they are going to beat you passing make Carpenter stand in the pocket and take a few big hits, get him on the run, frazzled and get his accuracy off, give your corners an added advantage. Line play is going to be huge.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:47 am
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 am Point blank like the woby guy said.

From this week on Irontons gonna have to go WIN games. We haven't seen that in about 6 weeks. It's been all gimmees.

Might come back to haunt em.
Its a fair critique. It's haunted em the last two years. #UNproven

PS: sayin "well we didnt lose til the last game" IS NOT the flex you think it is Ironton fans. Cause I see you repeat that a lot. "We didn't lose til the last game" only means we didn't finish our job. We missed our mark. That is ALL it means. Once you don't finish, you are just another team that didn't. Just like the rest. That is why there is ONE champ at the end. You like to talk like the champs all season, but then get sensitive because you fail time after time to walk like the champs. Meanwhile Kirtland just quietly handles their business. Ironton is the lil chihuahua that barks alot & Kirtland is the big quiet german sheppard that just waits. You have the nerve of an ankle biter. Lol. Wanna be a big dog ya gonna have to eat like one. Maybe its the expectation that bothers you Ironton? Maybe ya just wanna keep on ACTING like a big dog instead of being held to a big dog standard. Maybe Ironton isn't use to that? The town tells me Ironton is accustomed to apathy. A lot of folks just getting by. Maybe that's been the culture for so long in that old use to be industrial town any thing beyond it feels almost offensive? Maybe Ironton has been conditioned over time to not expect MORE? Crabs in a barrell will pull ya down just cause they don't wanna see anyone else meet the moments they were never really ready for. The reason it hurts is because it's true. Banning me doesn't change that. It just means you can't stand up to the truth. Sorry, NOT sorry. Irontons culture is all.about JUST missing their mark. Folding when it was time to finish under the brightest lights. To really take the next step as a program that culture has to change. Have to be a team that finishes. I'm sorry you are too insecure for facts. Call Tiger Leverde. Heard he knows a lil somethin about building a culture that FINISHES. I would think Ironton would get tired of being them Northeast Ohio boys punching bag at some point.

Are these facts a source of sensitivity for you Tiger fans? Cause
they SHOULD be. You should have it in ya locker room PINNED!!

#UNproven
#90sBuffaloBills
#JohnCooper
#predatorsinregion. #PaperTigersoutsideofit.
#lOcKtHEgAtE
#tHefAcToRY
Some people (Ironton) cannot handle the truth! This guy is 💯 about you people getting upset on here about it. If you don’t like then don’t get on here and read it. It’s that simple. I feel like Ironton has a bunch of ❄️ that live their now which use to be an area of hard nose working people. Ole have times changed. I’ll give you a hash tag.
#IrontonisnottoogoodfortheOVC
galliatribe if you didn't get on Ironton threads you'd have nothing. Your team and fanbase are zeroes, period. Nothing to discuss because you don't have anything positive to talk about your program. And you won't talk about your own program's failure and how it can be fixed. You are jealous of everything Ironton has but don't have a clue how to get it yourselves.

I have a hashtag for you
#gallialikesbeinglosers

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

One more day, for portsmouth to have a chance Roe is going to have to have a big game and we already know Ironton main goal on defense is to take him out of his game they will be putting aa lot of pressure on him so we will need to hit some screen shots or try to stretch the field in order to do that our o line is going to have to step up and give him time he has 4 receivers that's capable of breaking it long if roe can get the ball in their hands the top 3 receivers in the ovc are Trojans " or have been all year unless its changed last week " but like I said roe will need time to throw another thing roe will have to do is run the ball as his done all year he is very quick and shifty .

Hope to see a great game tomorrow evening, and hope both teams get through with no injuries.

Go trojans!!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

biggdowgg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am One more day, for portsmouth to have a chance Roe is going to have to have a big game and we already know Ironton main goal on defense is to take him out of his game they will be putting aa lot of pressure on him so we will need to hit some screen shots or try to stretch the field in order to do that our o line is going to have to step up and give him time he has 4 receivers that's capable of breaking it long if roe can get the ball in their hands the top 3 receivers in the ovc are Trojans " or have been all year unless its changed last week " but like I said roe will need time to throw another thing roe will have to do is run the ball as his done all year he is very quick and shifty .

Hope to see a great game tomorrow evening, and hope both teams get through with no injuries.

Go trojans!!
Well said, going to be a nice chilly night for some football. Looking at it being 54 out at kickoff, dropping to right around 50 at the end of the game.

Who Dey!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am
biggdowgg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am One more day, for portsmouth to have a chance Roe is going to have to have a big game and we already know Ironton main goal on defense is to take him out of his game they will be putting aa lot of pressure on him so we will need to hit some screen shots or try to stretch the field in order to do that our o line is going to have to step up and give him time he has 4 receivers that's capable of breaking it long if roe can get the ball in their hands the top 3 receivers in the ovc are Trojans " or have been all year unless its changed last week " but like I said roe will need time to throw another thing roe will have to do is run the ball as his done all year he is very quick and shifty .

Go trojans!!
Well said, going to be a nice chilly night for some football. Looking at it being 54 out at kickoff, dropping to right around 50 at the end of the game.
🤣 those hits sting a little more when it’s cold.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 am
PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am

Go trojans!!
🤣 those hits sting a little more when it’s cold.
Oh yeah, and that already hard turf feels a little extra hard when it’s cold lol.

Who Dey!

Return to “Football”