OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

PTrojan59
S

Re: OVC Chip Portsmouth @ Ironton who you got

Post by PTrojan59 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:40 am
PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am
biggdowgg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 am One more day, for portsmouth to have a chance Roe is going to have to have a big game and we already know Ironton main goal on defense is to take him out of his game they will be putting aa lot of pressure on him so we will need to hit some screen shots or try to stretch the field in order to do that our o line is going to have to step up and give him time he has 4 receivers that's capable of breaking it long if roe can get the ball in their hands the top 3 receivers in the ovc are Trojans " or have been all year unless its changed last week " but like I said roe will need time to throw another thing roe will have to do is run the ball as his done all year he is very quick and shifty .

Hope to see a great game tomorrow evening, and hope both teams get through with no injuries.

Go trojans!!
Well said, going to be a nice chilly night for some football. Looking at it being 54 out at kickoff, dropping to right around 50 at the end of the game.
No offense guys BUT this boring repetitive vanilla stuff is what these old heads want on here. Pages and pages of nothing being said in slightly differen't ways. Reads like a stock image stock text get well card. May as well go get ya cottage cheese off the salad bar & warm up the AARP card. That's why this sites traffic is WAY down and this forum barely exists next to more modern forums with more interesting contributors.

If this site worried less about shielding old mens egos and more about making this forum interesting, it might pick up a lil before it folds completely. Again nothing personal just using this post as an example. #Yawn 😴😴😴😴
That’s quite alright, I’ve been around here for 14 years now. Talk a bit about everything really. I’ve seen it all. Not everyone will agree with every post, they either suck it up and move on, or they’ll reply and a war may begin. I’m too busy with work to go back and forth with someone, so I’ll stick with my vanilla posts about the weather and temperature. Lol

Who Dey!
RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

The passing attack of the Trojans has to be fast short passes on Friday. Their quarterback won’t have a lot of time but then again he’s also a good runner. Going to be a great game. Decided up front for sure. Tigers offense is going to be tested. Sticking with my previous score. Tigers 28 Trojans 7.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This game can only help the Trojans in the playoffs. Portsmouth won't face another defense in Region 19 like Ironton's, unless of course we end up playing them again.

GO TROJANS!! BEAT IRONTON!! Let's even the series at 61-61!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

No local paper in Ironton, unless you are referring to the Rock Hill Tribune.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I will be at the game tomorrow night and I am looking forward to a great game.
I think Ironton pulls away late in the game but I also think Portsmouth is coming in with confidence and wanting a big win.
Both teams are heading to the playoffs and I hope they both comeout healthy and represent South East Ohio well

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Pulling for Portsmouth so that my Dragons can get a share of the OVC, I just have a hard time believing Portsmouth plays well enough to stay within 17-21 points of Ironton.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:16 pm Pulling for Portsmouth so that my Dragons can get a share of the OVC, I just have a hard time believing Portsmouth plays well enough to stay within 17-21 points of Ironton.
Would that give them enough to take over the 1 seed?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Curious to see how well Irontons offense can play tomorrow night. Seems like some people think they will have the same success they've had since QB1 came back but im not so sure. Trojans are vastly improved on defense compared to the past few years, probably more than a few honestly. I look for a lower scoring game than most would expect. Tigers D wont let the Trojans score more than 3 TDs as much as I hate to admit. On the flip side, I think Portsmouth is capable of doing the same. Trojans D needs to keep Roe and that offense in the game because Ironton will make them earn every single score.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm Curious to see how well Irontons offense can play tomorrow night. Seems like some people think they will have the same success they've had since QB1 came back but im not so sure. Trojans are vastly improved on defense compared to the past few years, probably more than a few honestly. I look for a lower scoring game than most would expect. Tigers D wont let the Trojans score more than 3 TDs as much as I hate to admit. On the flip side, I think Portsmouth is capable of doing the same. Trojans D needs to keep Roe and that offense in the game because Ironton will make them earn every single score.
The front 7 for the Tigers is unreal the back 4 is young but improving.
Trojans will need quick passes to offset the rush and decoy the LB's.
Ironton will need to play under control and avoid penalties should be a great game Ironton's running backs will need to run well in order for the passing to be effective.
Portsmouth can stop the run then Ironton will need to improvise with the passing game and who knows what will happen then.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:40 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:23 pm Curious to see how well Irontons offense can play tomorrow night. Seems like some people think they will have the same success they've had since QB1 came back but im not so sure. Trojans are vastly improved on defense compared to the past few years, probably more than a few honestly. I look for a lower scoring game than most would expect. Tigers D wont let the Trojans score more than 3 TDs as much as I hate to admit. On the flip side, I think Portsmouth is capable of doing the same. Trojans D needs to keep Roe and that offense in the game because Ironton will make them earn every single score.
Ironton will need to play under control and avoid penalties should be a great game Ironton's running backs will need to run well in order for the passing to be effective.
Portsmouth can stop the run then Ironton will need to improvise with the passing game and who knows what will happen then.
I havent watched Ironton since Moeller, except for clips. How have they done with fumbles/INTs? Trojans have forced A LOT this year. They might have to force at least one tomorrow night.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:47 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:40 pm
I havent watched Ironton since Moeller, except for clips. How have they done with fumbles/INTs? Trojans have forced A LOT this year. They might have to force at least one tomorrow night.
They have done really well in turnovers and penalties except for the gallia game but they were never really threatened those turnovers are a lot different going against a potent offense

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Keyes kid has to be the RB. Don’t understand why this is so hard to see. If we get him going, it opens up everything else offensively. Watch out!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Tigers 28-14. Go Tigers!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TigerMania wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:16 pm Keyes kid has to be the RB. Don’t understand why this is so hard to see. If we get him going, it opens up everything else offensively. Watch out!
I agree the Howard kid does better coming in off the bench also even though Wilson has been starting I would like to see him back on the outside at receiver.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Ironton should use Keyes like how Burg should run lattimore more

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:35 pm No local paper in Ironton, unless you are referring to the Rock Hill Tribune.
Now that is funny!😂Good Luck Tigers!

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Ironton will pull this one out in the 4th, but it'll be a great game. I'm planning on making the trip up the river to catch this one.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Keyes should get 20 touches tonight: he will give Portsmouth fits. If I am Ironton I let Keyes run downhill behind the best Oline in the league. I sprinkle in the playaction pass with Carpenter finding the athletes in space. I don’t think Portsmouth will be able to stop Ironton offensively

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth kids can not be intimidated and not be afraid to get hit. Give roe just a little time because I think Trojans receivers are pretty good. Trojans have to make stops. Ironton is going to bring it because they want that #1 seed. They are a fraction of a point behind Piketon. Good luck to the Trojans

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Is the game on Mytowntv tonight?

Return to “Football”